InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love Will Overcome ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Love will Overcome
By: Ryu Katanna
Beta:
*Posted on Fanfiction, Mediaminer, AO3, and SquidgeWorld. If found anywhere else please report it.
Disclaimer All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Chapter One
Words To Calm and Anger the Soul

As she ran with tears streaming down her face, she headed toward the direction of the well as he followed. He was the reason she was running with all the pain she held within now.

"Kagome." cried Inuyasha "Oh god please wait."

She had the advantage of the head start, but Inuyasha was just too fast and caught up with her in a matter of seconds. Just as she was a few feet from the well he grabbed her by the wrist and pulled her back grabbing her other wrist.

"Kagome... Kagome, please talk to me." He said keeping a hold of her wrists as she tried pulling away.

"Let go of me Inuyasha, let go of me." She cried tears streaming down her face as she pulled and pulled away ,but to no avail, his grip was too tight.

"No I'm so sorry. It wasn't the true me you know that, please Kagome listen to me."Pleaded Inuyasha

Kagome started to calm down and tried listen as best she could to Inuyasha's pleading with her.

"Ok" she said with so much fear, dread, and horror in her now otherwise vacant azure eyes, that it blew a sharp pain into Inuyasha's heart.

Kagome could sense what her crying was doing to Inuyasha, but she couldn't stop the hot tears from flowing down the sides of her already very moist red cheeks even thought she had tried. Until after a few minutes she was finally able to stop them if not for her own sake, but for Inuyasha's.

"Kagome" he said slowly reaching his hand out to wipe the tears away, but as his hand got close enough Kagome jerked away not knowing what he intended to do. Hesitating for a moment Inuyasha tried again.

This time she let him touch her face, but as he did she couldn't help but shudder under his touch. Then placing her hands in her lap looked toward the ground in front of her.
"Oh Kagome I'm so sorry..." He said, tears forming in his eyes. As Kagome seen a tear drop to the soil near her leg she looked up at him and seen something she never expected to see. Inuyasha was crying for her. Very gently she placed her hand over his.

"Please stop Inuyasha, please don't cry over what happened." Kagome said starring deep into his eyes.

"Oh how can you ever forgive me after what I did to you?"He asked starring deeply back into her eyes. The eyes that had changed so much over night.

He had done this to her. Taken the one thing she treasured most, her innocence. Yet he had not yet told her about the bite mark on her right shoulder near her neck area.

Kagome pulled herself to him taking him into an embrace that he had returned. Then pulling her away from him looked into her eyes with such seriousness that she could not pull her eyes off his.

"Kagome I need to tell you something very important about last night." He sounded so serious she placed her hands back in her lap to listen.

"What is it about last night Inuyasha?" She asked softly

"Did I make the bite mark on you right shoulder?" He asked her

"Yes, but I know it wasn't the real you." Kagome blurted out trying not to cause him more pain.

"I need to tell you something about that.."But Kagome interrupted

"Inuyasha I'm going home for a few days to think." She said looking at the ground

"That's just it though." He said

"What do you mean?" She said giving him a look that said she didn't understand

"You can never go home again." He replied softly looking at the ground

End Chapter One