InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Me, Kagome?! ❯ Me, Kagome?! ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Me, Kagome?!

I have always loved reading InuYasha. It's my favorite series ever. So far there are 15 volumes, more on their way. One afternoon I was reading the first volume. " Man, I am so bored, I guess I'll go for a walk." I said, and off I went.

I was walking in a greenbelt by my house when I saw a well. It was made from stone and looked very old. I had always walked in this greenbelt, but this well was new to me. Huh, I guess that I just sort of overlooked it.

I slowly walked over to the well to inspect it. I looked in it and for some reason it looked like there was no end. " That's funny." I said aloud. Bad choice. "Not as funny as this!" Wham! "Eeeeeee!" I cried as I plunged into the well. " Tommeeee!" I screeched as I fell. " Astrid! Astrid! I didn't mean for you to fall."

" Mmmmm." I groaned as I opened my eyes. " My back, ow." I had a terrible pain from falling. Tommy. "Tommy! Where are you!" I cried. I slowly got up. " Let's go Kagome," Commanded an impatient voice. Huh? "My name's not Kagome, it's Astrid . . . InuYasha!" I whirled around and sure enough, there InuYasha stood. I was mesmerized.

"Do you still have the jewel?" He asked. The jewel! The jewel of four souls, or better known as the Shikon Jewel. The Shikon Jewel was a very powerful thing. Whoever possessed it would be very, very powerful. "Um… InuYasha?" He turned around and looked at me impatiently, "What?" I took a deep breath, " I'm not Kagome." InuYasha turned red, "Ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha! You're not Kagome? That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard!"

" No InuYasha, I'm American. I'm not the 15 year old reincarnation of Kikyo, okay?" InuYasha looked like he was going to die of laughter. "Ameri-what?" Now I was irritated. I ran my hand through my hair. It was black. I looked at my clothes. They were Japanese school clothes. I was really freaked out now. My hair is reddish brown and I wear normal American clothes.

Was I hallucinating? Maybe I'm in an InuYasha dreamland. That's it!! I'm dreaming that I'm meeting InuYasha! Since it was a dream, I could do anything, right? I leapt up and hugged InuYasha for dear life, or in my case dear crushiness. I think it was his turn to be freaked out. He pulled me off of him and took hold of my shoulders and shook me! "What's wrong with my Kagome?"

He put me down and I thought I was still dreaming, so I grabbed him around the neck and I.…kissed him!! Right on the lips and I wasn't even blushing. Now InuYasha was mad, very mad. Instead of yelling at me, he said, "let's just go, okay?" I was utterly bewildered. "I'm not dreaming, am I?" InuYasha turned around. "No, you're not. We need to keep looking for the shards."

Oh yeah. Of course, when Kagome had the jewel it was shattered by a demon. "So now we're looking for the shards of the jewel." InuYasha wasn't speaking to me but by his body language I could tell he meant "..duh!"

"Kagome!" What now, I wondered. Whack! A furry creature had just hit my face. "Shippo?" It looked like a half boy, half fox. It actually was a demon, only more gracious than most. Shippo was assisting InuYasha and Kagome in finding the jewel. "I saw you," Shippo whispered in my ear. "Saw me what?" I questioned. "Kiss InuYasha," he whispered with a giggle.

"Arghhh!" InuYahsa cried as he wrenched Shippo off my shoulder. "InuYasha!" He turned. "What?" "I have hearing you know. It's not like I'm deaf." I sighed. "Sit." Suddenly InuYasha flew into the air and landed again on his back. You see a priestess put a necklace with a charm on InuYasha and Kagome could control him with one word. Like "sit" for instance. "Wow, I'm sure glad that I read the books so that I knew what to do."

After hours of me explaining, InuYasha finally understood. "Well then, where's the real Kagome?" I considered that for a second. "Most likely in my form in the present. Wow, I sure hope she doesn't freak out."

InuYasha frowned, "so, uhm, what do you really look like." I smiled and said, "Well, for one thing, my eyes aren't all pointy. My hair is about this long and it is reddish brown. Also, in the future I wear different clothes than this. I mean these are futuristic, just not American."

InuYasha said, "If you're still in Kagome's body, you can still see the jewels, right?" I looked around. "Hey! There's one in that tree!" I pointed.

InuYasha started saying, "Huh? Where!" and he crashed into a tree. I started to laugh but then I went to collect the shard. "Well, that solves that problem," said Shippo.

"InuYasha," I said as we were walking down a trail. "Hmmm?" he grunted. "Well, I…um…I'm sorry about…er..kissing you." The shame if it was catching up to me and I was very embarrassed. "Whatever." He's always so negative!

Suddenly I saw a small squirrel that looked like it was hurt. I have always had a soft heart for animals to I quickly rushed over to help it. U suddenly caught a glimpse of my necklace and went berserk. It began to snatch at it and claw and screech at me. It then began to transform in to a horrible giant squirrel that was roaring like a raging river!

"InuYashaaaaaaa!" I wailed as I fought the demon that was now as tall as me. Whizz! Like that InuYasha rushed past me and began to beat the squirrel. Then I saw it. Three shard of the jewel were glistening in its forehead.

"I see three shard in its forehead! Get them!" I shouted. Automatically InuYasha clawed at his forehead and threw the shards to me. I grabbed them and attached them to my necklace. Suddenly Shippo came darting out from behind a tree and threw something at me. "InuYahsa catch!" I said as I threw the sword at him.

Without even looking up he caught the sword and began to use it. I turned away then. When the demon finally lay motionless I said, "Good job, InuYasha." He turned around and said, "Thanks." He even smiled. "Wow, that was tiring," Shippo said. "Ha! All you did was throw Kagome the sword! Wow, I agree that is a lot of work!" I laughed at that. "Hey, you're supposed to take my side!" Shippo cried. "Sorry," I mumbled.

Uh oh! I think I might actually have a crush on him! He would never like me though. I could of course always talk to him. So late at night I made sure Shipp was asleep I saw InuYasha nestled high in a tree so I made the long high climb.

"Hey," I said casually as I reached him, although I was out of breath. "Hi," he said not turning around. "Listen InuYasha, I need to talk to you about something." He turned around. "What?" I took a deep breath and said "okay, its just that I…like you. A lot. That kiss was kind of special to me and I just can't forget about it." I sighed knowing he was about to reject me. "Its weird. First there's Kikyo. Then here comes Kagome, and finally you. All in the same body." I was desperate for him to see me in a different light.

"No! Not me! I'm not the same, I'm Astrid, I even look different and

I…love you. Even though you barely know me, I have known you forever.

Uh…long story…but please just….just realize that I'm not them; I'm me.

I'm Astrid."

He looked really sad…but then he came over and hugged me. I was so happy. "Thank you," I whispered.
The next morning we set off back to a village that Kikyo, priestess of the jewel, used to live in until she died. Now her sister Kaede was there as priestess. Kaede was also the one who put the charmed necklace on InuYasha. The priestess listened to my story of how I got there. "You are a very special girl, Astrid. You seemed to be so interested in these stories that you were switched with Kagome. I think that when the time is right you will return to the present. Until then, I suggest that you keep looking for more shards. Good luck."

" Let's go then," said InuYasha. I kissed him on the cheek and said "Let's go, and when the time is right I'll leave. But I will come back." So now all I have to do is keep looking. The End.