InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Memories of us ❯ memories of us ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Memories of us
 
 
I walked through the few trees of the snowy park, admiring the white cover upon the Herat, and raised my head to the falling show, and smiled. I remembered why I was here, and kept going in a faster pace. I smiled, as I thought of the first time I had seen him, in this very park, two years ago. I was seventeen now, and he was eighteen. I remember when I was walking through this very path, and I had found him, sitting in the bench I always used to sit in, his face covered with his hands, and his body was being racked by sobs. My heart broke at the sight. I remember when I asked him if he was alright, and I remember those gleaming golden eyes full of pain.
 
I'm gonna be here for you baby
I'll be a man of my word
 
His silver hair was hanging around him, like a white curtain. His hanyou dog ears were lowered, and when he looked at me, I knew that very instant that he was the only one I would love. So, I had sat by his side, and we had talked for a while. His mother had died that day, and that was why he cried. His brother hated him, and had left, blaming him for their father's death ten years ago, murdered trying to protect his hanyou son, in front of the boy's eyes.

Speak the language in a voice that you have never heard
I wanna sleep with you forever
 
I also remembered that, half a year later, when summer came, I left for half the summer on vacations, leaving my Inuyasha alone. I remember my friends, Yuka, Eri and Ayumi, telling me when I came back: `'he's been so sad since you left, Kagome-chan. He never speaks, never pays attention to anything, just spends the hours sitting on the bench you usually saw each other. Maybe he does like you after all, Kagome-chan!''

And I wanna die in your arms
In a cabin by a meadow where the wild bees swarm
 
My thoughts when back to when I saw him when I came back. He was sitting at the bench, were I had expected him to be. He didn't know I was here. I saw him looking up at the sky, and give a lud sight. I took a step forward, and he had heard me. I would never forget the look in his eyes, and especially how my heart had pounded when he had ran to me and given me a bone-breaking hug. When he whispered, his voice shaky, that he had missed me...

And I'm gonna love you like nobody loves you
And I'll earn your trust making memories of us
 
Or in Christmas, the day of my birthday, the twenty-fourth of December. He had taken me here, under the snow, and given me the most beautiful necklace I had ever seen. It was a jewel called the Shikon no Tama, a small round pink jewel, that reflected with purple, blue and pink colours. But still, nothing had happened, at least not in the way I wanted to.

I wanna honor your mother
I wanna learn from your pa
I wanna steal your attention like a bad outlaw
 
He used to be so wild, and sometimes, I have to admit, a real jerk. But, slowly, as time passed, he became sweeter, caring more about me. He was always so jealous of Kouga...I also recall when, one day, he told me to hop on his back, and almost flew over the park, and the hole city. And, if my brother Souta wouldn't have interrupted, I'm positive he would have kissed me when he left me at my door step. I remember his hot breath against my skin...

I wanna stand out in a crowd for you
A man among men
I wanna make your world better than it's ever been
 
And now, after two years of nothing happening between us, I was walking across the snowy park, in the twenty-fourth of December, my birthday, to meet him. He had told me he had another surprise for me.
 
And I'm gonna love you like nobody loves you
And I'll earn your trust making memories of us
 
I finally reached the bench, but he was standing, next to a tree. I smiled softly at him when he looked into my stormy blue eyes, and took a small box out of his pocket.
`'Happy Birthday, Kagome''

We'll follow the rainbow
Wherever the four winds blow
And there'll be a new day
Comin' your way
 
Instead of handing me the small box, he asked me to close my eyes. I did as I was told, and I felt cold metal against my neck, and a chain being tied around my neck. He told me to open my eyes, and I looked down at the necklace, that hung next to the Shikon no Tama, which I never took off. It had a small heart-shaped pendant.
`'Open it'' he said, standing very close to me. I did as I was told again, and I felt my heart stop when I saw what was inside. In one half of the heart, I recognised a small photo of us together, that we took here. The heart pendant was big enough to hold both our faces, down to our necks, and a bit of a snowy background behind. And, in the other half, three words were engraved:
 
I love you

I'm gonna be here for you from now on
This you know somehow
You've been stretched to the limits but it's alright now
And I'm gonna make you this promise
If there's life after this
I'm gonna be there to meet you with a warm, wet kiss
 
I felt a tear trickle down my face, and I looked up at him. We stared at each other's eyes for what seemed like an eternity, getting lost in amber pools and stormy blue, and he slowly leaned his head down, and finally, he softly pressed his lips against mine. I immediately wrapped my arms around his neck, kissing him back, and he grabbed my waist pulling me closer to him. We kissed passionately, finally admitting our feelings, and feeling as happy as ever, as the snow slowly fell from the sky.

And I'm gonna love you like nobody loves you
And I'll earn your trust making memories of us
I'm gonna love you like nobody loves you
And I'll win your trust making memories of us
 
 
 
A/N
 
A songfic, from Keith Urban, Making Memories of Us.