InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mission Impossible ❯ Assassin ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Mission Impossible

Author: Kerichi and Mina-chan the Neko

Genre: Romance/ Humor

Rating: PG-13

Prologue: Assassin

_______________________________________________________________ _

Her first killing

Waiting…

Pulse pounding

Waiting…

Palms sweating

Waiting…

Movement?

Jump!

Slice!

Fall,

Fall,

Fall-ing

Do-o-own

To the ground

Blood splashing

Body limp

An empty shell

Silent

Numb

Her first killing

She's still wai-ting…

______________________________________________________________< /div>

Her first killing… The thought almost made her cry. The young assassin in training adjusted the formfitting yet loose garb and waited…

Waiting was the hardest part. Open in hand-to-hand combat, the youth was unmatched- so they told her. She and another hopeful were facing off in a final battle of speed and stealth, winner take all.

...Her opponent was better at stealth.

The girl wiped her sweaty palms on her pant leg. She blew out a slow breath. Fear prowled though her wandering thoughts, until it grabbed on to her mind and sucked everything else dry... some said that if you hummed, then you would stop being so afraid. She could not hum, least she give away her position. The terror was like a leech, and she was filled with the cold loss of blood.

She had barely passed the trails before on concealment. Her challenger, a freckle-faced redheaded girl who wasn't truly even in The Family, scored higher than her. Her mother had been ashamed...she said she was proud, but actions whispered otherwise.... she barely made eye contact, and she avoided talking when she could. It was one of many rifts that came between the close-knit pair.

Waiting... she waiting for the day her mother would truly be proud to say, "That my daughter, yep! Best in guild! Works for big company, she! Better than you girl!" to those infidels... The Family's strict code had narrowed down the line. The once pure Family assassin's guild was now open to teaching others their once sacred ways.

Her pulse pounded as her trained ears heard a soft swish. Was that a flash of movement? She readied herself to spring.

A sprig of red

Yes, a strand of her adversary's brilliant hair shown in the light of the shrunken moon. The tiny blot illuminated the softly creeping teen, a few years older her. For a moment, the younger female watched in fascination at her rival's skill. The shadows hiding her from anyone who was specifically looking, the other moved like a cat on the prowl. The enemy reeled back her hand and-

Jump! A tiny voice- maybe it was her common sense- commanded. The youth barely missed the shuriken that had implanted itself in the wall. Quickly pulling out four stars, she and her opponent circled each other.

A knife became embedded into her thigh. Clamping her lips shut, she watched her foe carefully. She hadn't seen it at all. Her opponent was tense, leaning slightly to the left.

...the girl knew what to do. She pulled her lethal blades, Anshou and Ryoukugun, out.

Tossing all stars at once, the redhead dodged as predicted to the left, the very minute her shrewd foe dived in that same direction.

Slice!

The victor watched as her green-eyed, red-haired rival's body went limp. The spatters of blood on her black suit seemed foreign to the girl and she watched as her opponent... her friend... collapsed, like puppet whose strings have been cut and it's wooden body still slightly holding up its head.

It was silent.

Casey would never smile with that giant gap in her tooth, never tell those horrid blonde jokes, never scrunch up her nose when she got angry again... she was gone. An empty shell of a happy half-Japanese person who's cruel father... forced her to...

Suddenly it was her childhood friend, not some sinful infidel, whose eyes were blank. And she was gone.

She thought she had been cold as she waited for the strike, but if was little compared to the massive frozen feeling she felt now.

And then the winner was numb.

She was just a spirit, hovering over a murderer, a killer, an evil person who just killed a person for her mother! She looked into the cold, pain-filled blue eyes and sneered.

And then she was the champion again, puking and shivering. She was the daughter of Machiko the Black Shadow, she was the victor of this battle, and she was a murderer. Her head felt heavy and her sight blurred.

"I knew she win! She win, she my daughter!" the black-haired girl could barely hear a woman... was that her mother? She sounded so... harsh. "She no like blood, so? Who do like blood? It icky, it get on you clothes and it stick, it stink- pu!" There were some murmurs of agreement. Others were congratulating her, like it was something good.

Everything became silent as something or someone stepped in front of the dizzy girl.

"Kagome Higurashi, welcome to the Higurashi clan."

She then realized she was still waiting, waiting for the day she would pay for such a horrible deed.

It was her first killing, and it wouldn't be her last.

_______________________________________________________________ _

Woo! I typed the first chapter, and thought it needed a prologue. Yes, this will be humorous later, as Kagome doesn't really improve in her skills in stealth. If you can't tell, that's a 'Found Poem' at the top, where you use words and phrases in the actual writing to make a poem. Review and I won't include any more bad poetry!! Just kidding, now review!