InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Miyuki, stories of a strange journey ❯ Vol 1. Chap 4. Now what? ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Miyuki, the strange girl Inuyasha and Sesshomaru found after destroying the So'unga, takes them to the world after this one to meet their father. There, Inu no Taisho explains things about Miyuki, who he calls Ikuymi. He orders them to finish his debt to Miyuki. To bring her to the shrine of the Sun, so she can lift the curse that rests upon her shoulders. Sesshomaru and Inuyasha agree, but neither of them knows how.


 

“There they are!” says Kagome reliefs when she sees Inuyasha and Sesshomaru walk out of the strange mist on the lake. They've waited the entire night for them to return and now, just before sunset, they're finally back. Inuyasha is carrying the sleeping Miyuki on her back and Sesshomaru carries a shoulder bag, both of them wear their swords again. “They're back?” asks Miroku. Kagome nods. “Are they okay?”
“They seem okay to me… Inuyasha!” Kagome waves to Inuyasha to attract his attention. Inuyasha waves back, but almost drops Miyuki in the process. They still wear the bright white clothes Miyuki gave the boys, but something is different. Kagome can't place it. But it's like the rays of the rising sun cover the pure white clothes with a complex pattern of small suns and stars. They look beautiful. “Lord Sesshomaru!” Rin has woken up and runs into the water to Sesshomaru. But she can't walk on the water and she goes down after a few meters. “Rin!” *Plop!* Something jumped into the water after Rin. “What was that?” Miyuki pops up from under the water with Rin in her arms. “Huh?” Inuyasha looks on his back to see why Miyuki is in the water and finds her gone. “HUH?”
“You okay, Rin?” Rin nods.
“Remind me to teach you how to swim, okay Rin?”
“Okay,” says Rin uncertain.
“So you really met him?”
“Unbelievable!”
“It's true. Sesshomaru and I saw the same thing. It was our dad.” Everyone sits around the campfire to talk about what happened. Miyuki took off to change again, but Inuyasha wanted to report the other ones what happened first. Sesshomaru stayed with them to look after Rin, who is shivering from the cold, because she fell in the cold lake.
“But how is that possible, Inuyasha? Your father is dead, it should be impossible for you to meet him.”
“I don't think that's entirely true, Sango. Remember, Miyuki is a being from the world beyond this one. She already announced she knew the great dog demon, Inu no Taisho.”
“Who is Inu no Taisho, sir monk Miroku?” asks a voice. It's Miyuki. “You mean you don't know who Inu no Taisho is, Miyuki?”
»Oh, before I forget, she won't have any memories of her past live so, you'd better take her to Shonomaru village to get some back.«
“It's just like dad said. Miyuki lost all her memories of the lives she ever had. Darn, this is going to be so complicated,” Inuyasha whines.
“Did I do something wrong, lord Inuyasha?”
“It's nothing, Miyuki. He's just grumpy like always.”
“Is that because of me, priestess Kagome?”
*Achou!*
“Are you alright, Rin?” asks Miyuki concerned, while she walks to Rin. She squats besides Rin and takes a tissue from her hollow bag. “Here, blow your nose in this.” Rin blows her nose in the tissue while Miyuki takes another blanket from her bag and puts the blanket around Rin. “I think we'd better head back to the hut. Rin will get sick like this.”
“Yes. We can plan our next move there.”
“Fine with me,” says Inuyasha. Everybody stands up and walk back to the hut. Only Sesshomaru and Jaken stay behind. Miyuki lifts the half sick Rin in her arms and walks after Inuyasha and the others. “So what now, Sesshomaru?” asks Inuyasha. Miyuki stops and turns around. “Are you coming, lord Sesshomaru, lord Inuyasha?”
“Sesshomaru?” Sesshomaru turns his head away.
“Fine with me, let's go, Miyuki.”
“Yes, milord. Oh, before I forget, lord Sesshomaru…”
“What is it?”
“I just wanted to remind you, milord, that you're new arm will start rotting if I can't take care of it. And you can't take it off, thanks to the sacred jewel shard. Just so you know it,” says Miyuki with an innocent smile.
“HOW DARE YOU INSULT LORD SESSHOMARU! YOU WENCH. LIKE MY LORD WOULD…”
“JAKEN quiet!”
“Yes, milord,” says Jaken surprised.
“It was a simple warning, milord. It's your decision.” Miyuki turns around and runs after the others. “So now what, milord? Uhmm… milord?” Jaken finds himself sitting alone by the fire. Sesshomaru has followed Miyuki and the others. “Why would lord Sesshomaru follow the orders of a seishin no Onnanoko. Curiosity maybe?”
“Here you go, Rin. This will help against the cold.” Kagome gives Rin a bowl of chicken soup. “Thank you, Kagome-neechan,” says Rin and she starts eating the hot soup. “So, what did your father tell you, Inuyasha?” asks Miroku. Inuyasha looks up from his thinking. He told us things about Miyuki.”
“Like?”
“Well, he told us a bit about the Miyuki he once knew. Something about the Miyuki now…”
“Like what?”
“He told us that the Miyuki he once knew called herself Ikuymi. Apparently she chooses her name based of the personality of the first person she sees when she comes to this world. In this case: Rin. So Miyuki's personality will be a bit childish…”
“Well it's a good thing Sesshomaru wasn't the first one she saw,” whispers Sango to Miroku.
“It is.”
“Anyways… he told us something about the different sides of Miyuki.”
“Different sides?” asks Kagome.
“More or less. He told us that Miyuki's eyes can't turn black. Not both, that is.”
“Why not? A disaster will happen. Further more, she will summon her full being then, if she does, she'll destroy the world. That's why dad sealed away her memories. She doesn't remember anything from her past lives.”
“Nothing at all?!”
“No, that's why we should take her to Shonomaru village. My dad said that she will get a part of her memories back when we're there.”
“So we have to go to Shonomaru village… interesting…”
“You know the village, Miroku?”
“Not much, but I do know that it's the only passage way over the Akaishi mountains. If you travel over the mountains, you'll lose a lot of time, however…”
“Do you know what is behind those mountains, sir monk Miroku?” asks Miyuki and she appears from behind the trees.
“Where have you been?” asks Inuyasha. Miyuki shrinks back. “Did I do something wrong, lord Inuyasha?”
“No, it's alright, Miyuki. Please come sit with us,” says Kagome.
“You sure, priestess Kagome?” asks Miyuki unsure. Kagome taps with her hand on the ground besides her. “Of course. You're part of the crew now, so…”
“Hold on Kagome! Who says that she can stay?” Miyuki shrinks back again.
“As I thought, I did do something wrong.” Kagome lays a arm around Miyuki. “You did nothing wrong, Miyuki. Inuyasha just has a bad temper.”
“How can she ever help us defeat Naraku!?! Look at her, I bet she can't even wield a sword decently!”
“Inuyasha, SIT BOY!” Inuyasha falls flat on his face when the beans of subjugation are activated.
“Who is this Naraku?” asks Miyuki. Everyone falls silent.
“Sorry, I shouldn't have asked.”
“No, it's okay, Miyuki. You should know.”
“Naraku is the half-demon that seeks possession of the Shikon no Tama, the Shikon jewel. We don't know why, only that we have to stop him.”
“Shikon no Tama?”
“A jewel that is able to grant any wish from both humans and demons. It was created from the soul of the priestess Midoriko. It contains the spirits of both the priestess and the demons she was fighting, as a result of that, the demons and the priestess still fight inside every shard of the jewel. The person who posses a shard of the jewel decides whether the demons or the priestess wins the battle.”
“That's a lot of information at once, but I get it. But how are all of you related to this sacred jewel?” There falls an awkward silence.
“I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked.”
“Stop saying sorry, Miyuki. It's alright, I think you should know. Inuyasha and I have been searching for the Shikon jewel shards, because I broke it. Doing so, we met Shippo. He just stayed with us because he hasn't got any family left.”
“I see…”
“Sango and Miroku are a different story thought… can I tell her, Sango or do you want to tell her yourself?”
“Well, why not.”
“You don't have to, Miss Sango!” says Miyuki shy. “No, it's like Kagome said. You need to know if you're going to travel with us.”
“Alright, I'll listen then…”
“Naraku killed my entire village and is now using my little brother Kohaku for his evil deeds. At first he used me too, in order that I would kill Inuyasha, Kagome and Miroku. They saved me from his influence. I traveled with them from that day on, to take revenge on Naraku.”
“I see, how sad.”
“Naraku cursed my grandfather with the Windtunnel. A black hole in my right hand, which sucks in everything in its way. Eventually it will suck in its owner. It's the fate that my father and grandfather had to bare, one day that same fate will befall me, unless I defeat Naraku. That's why I travel with Kagome and Inuyasha.”
“And the reason he's such a lecher,” says Sango.
“Lecher?”
“Yes, if he would be unable to defeat Naraku he wishes, his my son to continue this duty and to defeat Naraku to lift the curse of the Windtunnel. And that's the reason why he asks every pretty girl he comes across to bare his child.” Miyuki flinches back again. “Don't worry, Miyuki. He won't do anything to harm you.”
“That's a relief. What about you, lord Sesshomaru?” Sesshomaru looks at Miyuki, but keeps ignoring her. “How dare someone like you ask something like that to my lord Sesshomaru!” yells Jaken. Miyuki winces. `She's so scared. How did that happen?' Kagome thinks and she looks at Miyuki. Miyuki seems to be thinking. “So…please tell me more about this Naraku? You all keep talking about him.” Everyone falls silent. “He's our arch enemy, as you've probably already have guessed. He killed my Kikiyo, 50 years ago. He tried to kill Kagome, cursed Miroku with the Windtunnel and murdered Sango's village. He wants the Shikon jewel and not only that, he wants it to be tainted. So he can use it for his own reasons,” tells Inuyasha. “So he still is after his full being,” says Miyuki. Everyone looks up to Miyuki. One of her eyes is pitch black. “What did you say?” asks Miroku. The black disappears and Miyuki's bright blue eyes return. “So sleepy…” she says and she falls to one side, asleep. Kagome catches her by her shoulders. A single braid falls over Kagome's hand. “She's asleep?”
“Yes, dad said something about that. When her eyes are black, she makes contact with her full being, back in the world of the dead. At those moments, she knows everything there is to know. However, it takes a lot of energy when you're not used to it. So she can contain it for a few moments, whereafter she falls asleep.” While Inuyasha explains this to the others, examinants Kagome the braid on her hand. It's blond, but on the other hand it isn't. Kagome gives it another thorough look. She gasps. “What's wrong Kagome?” asks Inuyasha. “Look at this,” Kagome says and she shows the others Miyuki's braid. “A braid, so? What about it?”
“Look closer. This braid is not blond like the rest of Miyuki's hair. It's white.” Everyone is now full of attention, even Sesshomaru. “What does it mean?” asks Sango.
“I don't know, maybe that she isn't a spirit from a human,” answers Kagome.
“A spirit from a demon, then?” asks Inuyasha.
“I don't know, Inuyasha I wish I…” Kagome can't finish her sentence because of a sudden strong wind. Everyone cover their own faces. But when Kagome opens her eyes again, is Miyuki not in her arms any more. Sesshomaru stands a few meters away from the others, with Miyuki in his arms. “I'm taking the seishin no Onnanoko with me. She'll be a lot safer with me. Jaken, Rin, we're going,” Sesshomaru says and he starts walking away. “Yes, milord! say Jaken en Rin in choir. Rin gives the empty bowl to Kagome, takes Miyuki's bag and runs after Sesshomaru and Jaken. “Sesshomaru! Wait!” commands Inuyasha, who has stood up. Sesshomaru stops. “What do you want from me?” he asks. “Our father said that both of us were to travel with Miyuki, or Ikuymi, or whatever her name may be. You can't take her for yourself. Not if can stop you,” says Inuyasha while he pulls his sword. “And travel together with a lowly half demon and his companions? No thanks,” says Sesshomaru and he walks on. “I said wait!” says Inuyasha angry. He jumps over Sesshomaru and tries to attack him with the Tessaiga. But Sesshomaru is fast and he blocks the attack with the Tokijin, holding Miyuki in his new arm. “I don't like the idea either, Sesshomaru. But we don't have a choice now, do we? Our father told us to, shouldn't we honor his request?”
“I, Sesshomaru, don't have to honor any requests from a demon that meted himself with a mortal!” Sesshomaru pushes Inuyasha backwards and jumps back himself to put Miyuki against a tree. “Jaken, Rin, guard the seishin no Onnanoko.”
Yes, milord.” Both take their position by Miyuki's side. “Kagome, Miroku, Sango. Get Miyuki. I'll try to talk some sense into this stubborn idiot,” says Inuyasha while he crawls up. “You got it.”
“I don't think so. Feel the wrath of the staff of two heads!” Jaken fires the staff of two heads to keep Kagome and the others from approaching Miyuki. Meanwhile, Inuyasha and Sesshomaru are getting in a more and more intense fight that forces them to go to the giant grassland near the hut. “Come to your senses, Sesshomaru! We have to, we both want to defeat Naraku and dad is right. We can't do it on our own!”
“Shut up!” Sesshomaru attacks Inuyasha fiercely to make him stop talking.
“No I won't. Remember that time that we almost had Naraku, the two of us, together. We couldn't kill him that time, but we drove him back for a long while. Maybe this girl can do the trick.”
“I said shut up! I don't need your help!” Sesshomaru smashes his fist into Inuyasha's stomach. Inuyasha smashes on the ground. “Are you done, half-breed?” Inuyasha crawls up again. There is blood in the corner of his mouth. “I'll make you pay for that!” He runs to his older brother and their blades collide with a furious sound. Bleu lightning of demonic energy fill the air surrounding the brothers. “Sesshomaru, maybe with this girl help we can do it. Our father didn't keep her by his side because she was weak. She is strong, but I think she needs both of us!”
`Who is making such a racket? I'm trying to sleep here.' Miyuki slowly wakes up again. Rin notices that Miyuki is awakening. “Miyuki-chan! You're awake!”
“Oooh, my head is killing me… Rin, what is master Jaken doing?” asks Miyuki when she sees Jaken with the activated staff of two heads. “Lord Sesshomaru commanded us to keep you safe from the others while lord Sesshomaru fights off Inuyasha,” tells Rin. “They're fighting? Damn those idiots!” Miyuki stands up, swearing several demons out of hell and back. “What are you going to do, Miyuki-chan?”
“Stop those idiots from making a mistake,” says Miyuki and steps on Jaken to make him stop. Jaken looses his grip on the staff of two heads and it stops spitting fire. “Rin, where were they headed?” asks Miyuki, ignoring the others and their thanks'. Rin points with her finger towards the grasslands behind the forest. “Let's go everyone, before those idiots kill each other.”
“Windscar!” Sesshomaru can only just avoid Inuyasha's Windscar. He quickly puts his sword in the ground and, “Dragon strike.” a blue dragon of energy rages over the field and almost hits Inuyasha. “I sure hope we're not too late,” says Miroku. They're all running over the field to get closer to the fighting brothers. “They're gonna pay so dearly for this,” says Miyuki with an angry voice. They all stop a few meters from them, Miyuki is the first one who speaks. “Milords stop this at once!” Both boys stop and look at Miyuki. She stands with her arms crossed and one black eye. “I am the last thing your father left you after he died. I AM the last heirloom. However he gave me to both of you. So stop your fighting at once and behave like grown up. Your both more then 150 years old, act you age!” There follows a silence. “However, if you both insist on doing it this way, go ahead. I will observe.” Miyuki sits down on the grass, lightly amused. “What?! Miyuki are you mad?” asks Kagome. “No, priestess. I just need them to find out who really rules, `cause they made a little mistake in their assumptions,” says Miyuki, perfectly calm. “And…I want to see what they're capable of.” A devious smile dominates Miyuki's face. She enjoying this. Inuyasha and Sesshomaru are back to fighting each other again. More severe and devoted than they had first. Miyuki can feel the calls of both Tessaiga and Tenseiga, who can both feel the present of an old friend.
The sound of sword clashing together still fills the air. `It must have been half an hour by now. Aren't those idiots getting tired?' Everyone now silently watches the match. The match between Sesshomaru and Inuyasha, with Miyuki as only referee. And a strict one. She can see that Inuyasha is panting. `Good. This match is almost at an end.' Miyuki stands up; the boys don't seem to notice. Miyuki puts her hands on her waist. Inuyasha and Sesshomaru are preparing themselves. `This will be the final clash. I've got to act now.' Inuyasha and Sesshomaru run to each other, swords pointed forward. Miyuki starts running to them at the same moment. “Miyuki! No!” yells Kagome!
“Miyuki!”
“Miyuki come back?”
Sesshomaru and Inuyasha notice the racket at the edge of the field. They see Miyuki running towards them. `She's fast!' Inuyasha thinks. Miyuki's already at the place where Inuyasha's and Sesshomaru's swords are supposed to collide. The boys are a mere 20 centimeters from Miyuki away. `Now!'
“Inuyasha, Seshomaru! Down boys!”
Inuyasha and Sesshomaru fall flat on their faces, both losing the grip on their weapons. They both lie on the ground now, but Miyuki gives them no time to recoup. She grabs both of them at the back of their heads, by their hair and smashes the heads against each other. “Are you finally done?” asks Miyuki calm while the boys are trying to sit up straight again. They look angry to Miyuki. But Miyuki gives them a even angrier look back. “I really can't believe the two of you. Always fighting, everywhere. Your fathers grave, in his skeleton none the less, in villages, when you're both wounded. Grow up, for havens sake! I'M GOING TO SHONOMARU VILLAGE. I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU GUYS ARE GONNA DO. BUT I'M GONNA DEFEAT NARAKU!” Miyuki turns away and walks away. Suddenly she stops and turns her head to the sky. *sigh*. “I don't care any more. I'll be gone in the morning. If you want to come along, feel free. I'll be waiting at this spot until an hour after sunrise. Later boys.” She has disappeared. Leaving everyone behind, speechless.
“Quietness. Finally, I thought my head was going to explode.” Miyuki lies on the grass on a small open spot in the forest, not far from the battle field. .Tomorrow will be the day. The day future will be sealed or broken. Their decision, the world's future. `This…is gonna be a disaster. On the other hand, this is gonna be a lot of fun. You better prepare, Inuyasha, Sesshomaru. `cause I'm not planning to give you guys an easy time with me.'
Miyuki walks over the field. Her bag on her shoulders and her eyes bright blue again. Everyone is there, both the groups of Inuyasha and Sesshomaru. Miyuki has no memory of the things she knew when she was with her full being, but she remembers the fight and the outcome of that. “Good, you're all here. We're going.” She turns around and walks away. She knows that the others are following her. Today, she will take the lead. They can take it back the next day, but today, she shall be the leader. Walking to the north, they proceed. Miyuki put it all in action. The wheels that will change the fate of the world. In that moment, she was her true full being. Proud, fearless and the princess of the world.