InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Moon and Destiny: Tsuki to Shukuen ❯ Act 8 ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Act 8:
 
It was some hours after school. Shukuen had come home without Tsuki and his parents were worried sick over her. Shukuen could only nod, still feeling sick from the incident with Kentaro, and went to the family room. He turned on the TV and found the news.
A very strange incident occurred in a high school today, said a reporter, some sort of animal seemingly mauled a young man. The only witnesses were two of the young man's friends, who claim some sort of `demon' attacked him. One of the young men was also found with trace amounts of marijuana in his system. Police are currently investigating the young m-
Shukuen turned off the TV, his heart pounding in his chest and he headed for the stairs. His father stopped him, “Shukuen, do you know where your sister might be?”
Shukuen shook his head, “No. She just kind of left after she saw Shippou at school,”
“Tell me,” his father whispered, “is she at her boyfriend's house? Your mother might know where he lives, but she's not telling me,”
“INU-YASHA!” Kagome yelled from the kitchen.
“We were just talking!” Inu-Yasha answered quickly.
“Stop trying to get Shukuen to tell you about Tsuki's boyfriend!” Kagome said, “I told you, you're not going to find out until Tsuki herself tells you!”
 
Shukuen ran up the stairs and to his bedroom while his parents were talking. He sat down on his bed and looked up at the ceiling. So many things were going through his mind at the time. Shippou. Kentaro. Reichou. Tsuki. Reichou's kiss. Miroku's entrance. Miki's drug. News. Demon control. Shippou's broken speech. Kentaro's blood.
So many things, so many things rolling at the surface of his brain; bothering him, annoying him, calling out to him to be examined, explained, and picked apart. But Shukuen didn't want to be bothered with such things. He just wanted to lie there. He just wanted to sleep. He just wanted to pull over the cover of his blanket over his body and be shielded from the problems going all around him.
So Shukuen pulled the cover of his bed over him and he pretended it was a true shield and that all his problems bounced off it. But they didn't. They kept on coming.
 
Dusk was settling on the village and the villagers were growing weary of rebuilding. Kikyo started a fire: it would be dark soon. Sesshoumaru sat in the corner of the room next to a sleeping Rin. She had entered some time ago, had curled up on the floor, and had fallen asleep like a cat.
“You never told me,” Kikyo said, “why you keep that girl with you,”
“I do not know myself,” Sesshoumaru said, “I just knew that she was the only human who had shown me some kindness and I suppose I appreciated such things then. She was only a servant to me then. But I suppose over time things change, and now she calls me father because she doesn't know of anything else to call me after these years. But there are some things I won't be able to help her with in her coming years,” He looked Kikyo. “Rin needs a woman talk to,”
“I am no mother,” Kikyo answered, “the girl is frightened of me,” She the stopped tending the fire and sat on the floor. “Now tell me more of this demon boy you saw,”
“I fear he maybe a relation to Naraku,” Sesshoumaru said, “his face and voice was of Naraku's, but he had some other features of something else as well. If he is an incarnation, he must have something else put into him,”
“Naraku has no incarnations left,” Kikyo said, “they all died as soon as he did - Kanna, Kagura…all of them died. They were parasites without their host,”
“Then if that is true,” Sesshoumaru answered, “he must a blood relative,”
“A blood relative?” Kikyo gasped, “Are you implying that demon maybe his son? What woman would lay with such a foul creature?”
“Naraku has the ability to change form. He may have taken on the shape of a mortal man and persuaded a woman into it,”
“…or raped,” Kikyo added bitterly, “Such demons would attempt things like that for women they cannot have,”
“Whoever he is, he has the ability to mask his scent like Naraku and he may as well put up barriers. I sense in this village a strange presence and an area that cannot be identified. When the wind comes over this village, there is a scent missing of part of it, as if it disappeared. I heard also that this village was attacked and that someone found a demon in what used to be Onigumo's cave. Could it be that the son returns to where his father was created? It was here that Onigumo died and Naraku was born,”
Kikyo took a deep breath, “Or something else…” She then muttered under her breath. “A jewel born of both darkness and light. A jewel of both sorrow and joy. A jewel tied and created in the blood and flesh of one. A jewel that shall begin the end,” She then looked at Sesshoumaru. “When the child of darkness and the child of light come to be one, so shall the Jewel of Four Angels be born,”
“The child of darkness,” Sesshoumaru said, “If that is to mean the child of Naraku, then who could be the child of light,”
“I fear the worst now,” Kikyo said, “the prophecy is slowly coming true. We have to stop it, or both worlds will be destroyed by the Jewel of Four Angels,”
“I've never heard of such a jewel,” Sesshoumaru said.
“It is a long story and we have little time,” Kikyo said, “We must somehow truly find this demon you saw and see if he really is the son of Naraku!” She then sighed. “But we cannot prove such a thing. It would be impossible,”
Sesshoumaru got up and walked over to Kikyo. He then sat down in front of her. He leaned in close and whispered, “Nothing is impossible for a priestess like you, Kikyo,”
Kikyo felt his claws on his breasts, but she accepted the touching along with what else was coming as Sesshoumaru and her began to kiss.
 
The full moon was crawling into the sky, bit by bit. Tsuki looked at the moon through the window as she laid down on the bed nearby the fireplace. There was something about the full moon that always made her excited and jumpy. Akumashugi was in the other room, taking out some clothes for her. He entered the room with a smile on his face.
“So, how long do you plan on staying?” Akumashugi asked.
“Maybe for a night,” Tsuki said, “I just need a break,”
“We all do,” Akumashugi said. He crawled into bed with Tsuki and ran his fingers through her hair, “The moonlight looks beautiful on you. You look like a goddess,”
“A dog goddess,” Tsuki grumbled, “Did you forget about my ears?”
“They're the cutest ears I've ever seen,” Akumashugi answered. He nibbled at Tsuki's ears and she winced a little as he began to kiss her neck, “and you're the cutest girl I've ever seen,” He stroked Tsuki's breasts softly.
Usually, Tsuki would have pushed Akumashugi's hand away as soon as he began to touch her there, but not tonight. Tonight, she just wanted to kiss him and hold him and have him…have him…
Tsuki took a deep breath as Akumashugi started to undo her shirt.
“Akumashugi…” Tsuki began.
“…yes?” Akumashugi answered as he removed her shirt.
“…I'm ready…” Tsuki answered.
Akumashugi looked at her curiously, “What do you mean?”
Tsuki smiled at him and undid her bra, “I mean, I'm ready to have sex with you,”
“Are you sure?”
“Positive,” Tsuki wriggled out of her pants.
“You're not just teasing me, right?”
Tsuki answered by taking off her panties and Akumashugi just smiled as he kissed her and they fell onto the bed.
 
Shukuen woke to a rapping at the window. He shifted from under his covers and looked around the room. The rapping continued to come at the window. He slid away from the bed and to the window, pushing away the curtain. Down below the window was Reichou. He was pelting rocks at Shukuen's window. Shukuen forced open the window.
“Reichou, what are doing?” Shukuen asked. He then looked at Reichou even closer, “What's wrong with your eye?”
Reichou covered his eye, “I…I fell. Shukuen, let me in. I need a place to stay for a while, hideout, y'know,”
“Reichou, what's this all about?” Shukuen asked.
“I just need a place to hide, okay?” Reichou said, “I just need to hide for a little while and that's it. I'll explain once I get inside,”
Shukuen nodded. he ran downstairs and opened the front door. Reichou stepped in; shivering. Everything was frosted over outside and he wasn't even wearing a sweater: just a T-shirt and some pants. It was late and Shukuen knew his parents had gone to sleep by now, so he carefully led Reichou down to the basement.
“There's an old bed down here,” Shukuen said to Reichou. Reichou settled on the dusty mattress, “What's going on, Reichou?”
Reichou looked as if he had seen a ghost, “My Dad doesn't want me to see you anymore,”
“…what?”
“He says that boys can't be together. He says that I can't even talk to you. He's even transferring me to another school!” Reichou looked closed to tears. “He says you're evil and that you're making me think I like boys. He says it's because of the demon in you, but I'm fully human and there's no excuse for me, he says. He says that if I keep on talking to you, he'll toss me out of the house,”
“Did he give you that black eye?”
Reichou paused. “…yes…” he said quietly.
“Reichou, why don't you tell your mother or somebody?” Shukuen said, “I can't hide you here forever, you know,”
“Don't you think I know that?!” Reichou snapped. He then calmed down a little, relaxed his muscles and laid down onto the broken mattress, “I just need to get away from my Dad. Hide for a little while. Keep him away from me. Give us some time apart. All I need is a few days,”
Shukuen paused. “Okay…I'll keep you here, but you have to keep quiet,”
“Okay,” Reichou said.
“Do you need anything?” Shukuen asked, “Like food or something?”
“No, I'm good,” Reichou answered, “Thanks for asking,”
Shukuen then went up the stairs, leaving Reichou alone in the darkness and dust of the basement.
 
“Sesshoumaru,” Kikyo began.
Sesshoumaru stopped kissing her neck and he looked at her curiously, “What is it?”
“Sesshoumaru,” Kikyo began, “do I mean anything to you? I mean, do you love me or do you just love my body? I mean, these few weeks have been great but I can't help but wonder if you truly love me,” She then looked deep into his eyes. “If you love me, wouldn't you want to stay with me and not just come and go?”
Sesshoumaru paused, “You remember my half-brother, don't you? A full blood human and a full blood demon cannot be together. We are from two different worlds. I, from a world of hell and blood, you from a world of earth and life.
Kikyo pushed him away bitterly, “So why don't you leave?!”
“Kikyo, I-”
“I knew you never loved me! You're just using me!”
“I didn't say that I didn't love you, it's just that-”
“GET OUT!”
Sesshoumaru remained silent. He then silently dressed himself, roused Rin from her sleep, and left Kikyo alone in the hut with the dying fire.
 
Tsuki felt a soft kiss on her cheek. She rolled over to see Akumashugi lying in bed next to her. She had thought that it was all some sort of dream was happened last night brought up on by her hormones. She felt warm sunshine on her naked body and she glanced at the window to see that dawn was happening.
“Good morning,” Akumashugi whispered to her.
“Good morning to you too,” Tsuki answered with a smile.
“You were wonderful last night,” Akumashugi said, smiling back. He kissed her again, “It's so strange. It's like I'm seeing the real you for the first time, like there's a whole new type of intimacy with you now,”
“Maybe it's because we've seen each other naked,” Tsuki laughed. She then stepped out of bed, “I better go. Mom and Dad are probably worried. I usually don't stay away from home this long,”
“What? Why are you going so soon?” Akumashugi asked. He wrapped his arms around Tsuki, “Why don't you stay just a little bit longer?”
“I should go see my family and see how Shippou's doing,” Tsuki answered. She then kissed Akumashugi on the cheek, “I'll be back soon enough,”
Akumashugi kissed her again, “Then let me come with you,”
Tsuki made a face, “Come home at 6 o' clock in the morning with a guy? My Dad will flip out! Don't think my Dad's maniac or anything,” She sighed. “but he's a little overprotective. When I was eleven on Valentine's Day, a boy from my school came to our house and gave me this bag of candy hearts and my Dad chased him halfway down the street with his Tetsaiga and called him lecher!”
Akumashugi continued the subject, “But I would like to meet your parents,”
Tsuki sighed, “I don't think it's a good idea. My Mom's already hyper from finding out about you. You appearing would send her into overdrive. I think we should wait a while, okay? At least until she calms down,”
Akumashugi smiled bitterly and he kissed Tsuki on the cheek, “As you wish,”
 
Time had flown quickly and it was already Saturday. Shukuen had gotten dressed and was heading out the door for school when Tsuki came sneaking through the door. Shukuen stood at the top of the stairs as he watched his older sister come through the front door, which was strange because Tsuki would've normally snuck through the window had it been nighttime. In the daytime, she would have drawn a lot of attention to herself. Shukuen also saw his father enter the room.
“Coming home after a long night, eh?” his father said, “Where have you been Tsuki? Your mother and I were worried about you,”
Tsuki shrugged and smiled, “I just needed to clear my head,”
Shukuen raised an eyebrow: when did Tsuki just shrug and smile around Dad? She was acting very strange today.
“You realize that you're not making the fact you're grounded for almost a month even better, right?” his father asked.
Tsuki shrugged again and nodded, “Yeah, I know. I was just in the park and I just lost track of time. I'm sorry, Dad,”
Some was defiantly wrong now…since when did Tsuki apologize for anything? It was as if nothing could get Tsuki angry or down now. Shukuen stared at his sister from the staircase, trying to figure out what was wrong with her. His father was equally puzzled and just left the room, attempting to make patterns out of Tsuki's chaotic and abnormal behavior. Shukuen observed as Tsuki skipped up the stairs and went into their room. She flopped down on her bed with a girlish sigh of happiness.
“Tsuki…” Shukuen began, “…are you okay?”
Tsuki sat up and smiled, “Of course I'm okay! I'm superb!” She picked up Fukakai, who was sleeping on the floor, and hugged the cat. “Everything is right in the world!”
“Why are you so…happy?” Shukuen asked.
Tsuki smiled, still holding Fukakai, “That's my little secret,”
 
Tsuki's good mood continued throughout the day - going to school, at school, during classes, during break, after classes, after school, and heading home. Everyone around Tsuki were also puzzled at the sudden increase of joy in her mood. However, when night fell, Tsuki's mood turned sour again.
“DAMN IT!”
Shukuen looked up from the living room and towards the bathroom. Tsuki came from the bathroom, looking pissed off as ever and teeth clenched in frustration. Tsuki's hair was no longer silver - it was black. She no longer had claws, she had regular fingers. Her eyes were no longer yellow, but brown.
Tsuki was human. She would be human for 7 days.
Shukuen knew the rules when Tsuki was like this: no sudden movements or words, be careful about what you say and what you watch on TV, no loud noises, no yelling or screaming, and keep a very neutral tone. All you had to do was stay calm around her. You had to stay calm around Tsuki or all hell would break loose. And whatever you do, no matter how funny it is, no matter how bad you want to make someone laugh…no jokes about her period.
Tsuki sat down next to Shukuen. Shukuen surrendered the remote control to Tsuki. Tsuki happily turned the channel.