InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Family ❯ The Story Begins... ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hi another new story from me! *Huggles* Anyway's I really hope you enjoy this story!
Disclaimer: I do not own InuYasha or its characters. They all belong to the very talented Rumiko Takashi. I merely write stories about them.
*bows in front of Rumiko proclaiming “ I AM NOT WORTHY!”*
 
My Family by yurDestini231
Summary
Kagome has to do a project for school about family histories. And who knows history better than Kagome who lives it every day? With a trip back to the past, Kagome finds herself meeting the very first Higurashi as a boy! The only trouble is that he seems to have a crush Kagome! With some help from the gang, can Kagome convince her great many times over grandfather to woo her many time over great-grandmother, the village beauty? And all this talk about families has InuYasha thinking...
 
Chapter One: Our Story begins
It was a bright cheerful afternoon back in the feudal era. Well, almost cheerful. Kagome had gone back home two days ago and InuYasha was in a cranky mood, perched in his usual spot by the Bone-Eaters well. He hadn't moved since Kagome left and this was starting to bug Shippo.
“You know,” he said jumping into InuYasha's shoulder. “Sitting there looking like a lost puppy isn't going to make her come back any faster.” He said a-matter-of factly. In response, InuYasha swiftly sent the kitsune flying into the air with a tap of his fist, all while uttering “Keh, stupid brat.” He soon heard Shippou in the distance crying to Sango.
“InuYasha!” She yelled angrily. She stomped in his direction, followed by a smirking Shippo. InuYasha growing even more irritated at the sound of the kit's fake tears, promptly bopped Shippo on head causing a lump to form.
“ I'll give you something to really cry about!” he snarled, with a scowl in place.
“Make him stop!” Shippo whined pathetically, tugging on the sleeve of Sango's kimono. `Damn kid doesn't know when to stop' thought InuYasha.
“ InuYasha, you know better than to pick on Shippo, especially when Kagome isn't here.” She lectured.
“ Feh” he grumbled, turning away from them.
Sango, knowing she wasn't going to get a response let alone an apology, headed back to the village with Shippo, leaving InuYasha at the well to wallow in his own thoughts.
“ Stupid kid, pullin' that crybaby shit on Sango.” He muttered once they were out of earshot. Deep down though, InuYasha knew what the little fox demon had said had hit home. He sighed in discontentment.
He always felt like this when she left for her time. Every time he saw her go down that well, his heart lurched and longed for her return. Even though he would never admit this to her, he always felt miserable when she wasn't around, just like an abandoned puppy waiting for its owner to return.
` Kagome, you have no idea what do to me'
After a few moments InuYasha suddenly sprang up, and took a precautionary sniff to see if anyone was around. When he smelled no one in the area he rubbed his hands in anticipation `Okay that wench has been there long enough. Time to go get her.' He checked one more time before he leapt in, welcoming the blue light that sent him hurtling 500 years into the future to Kagome's time.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
“You are to devise a research paper on your family's history dating back to your earliest ancestors” spoke the instructor. Kagome's jaw dropped. She had just got back in school and now her teacher was giving her such a huge project that was worth, what thirty percent of her grade?
“This paper will be worth more than half your grade.” Her teacher said as if reading her mind. ` Oh just great' Her teacher continued.
“You are also to make a family tree and along with your research paper write a seven page essay on families. All of this will be due in two weeks. Kagome's look of shock turned into one of despair. `That's it I'm going to fail, I'm never going to graduate high school and I'll never be able to go back to the well again!' Kagome raised her arms in defeat and clunked her head down her desk with a sickening thud. This immediately caught the attention of her teacher. She looked directly at Kagome with her head on her desk.
“Higurashi is there a problem?” her teacher asked. When Kagome realized that this was being directed at her, she instantly sprang up her seat with a fake smile.
“ No, Sato-san.” She replied. Small bouts of snickers could heard throughout the classroom. Kagome could feel her cheeks growing warm as red crept up her cheeks.
“ Good.” Her teacher walked back to the front of the class to talk more about the project. Kagome sunk lower into her seat. She rather be eaten by a demon than go through this torture. She rested her head into her palms. `Oh Kami what am I going to do?'
Luckily the bell decided to ring at that moment, much to a frazzled Kagome's relief. She hurriedly gathered her books and headed out the door. Once she was out side was ambushed by three squealing girls.
" Kagome, how's the conjunctivitis coming along?" asked her friend Eri, the one in the yellow head band.
Kagome sweatdropped as she put on a fake smile.
" Um, heheh, it's coming along just fine!" she said waving her hand in the air.
" Oh, that's good. Hey did you hear about that project we gotta do for class? It's more than half of our grade!" whined Yuka
" Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me, I have to get home and start on it. See ya! With that Kagome bolted in the direction of the shrine. When she turned the corner she ran smack into someone causing her to topple over.
" Oh Kami I'm so sorry!" she cried as she picked herself, looking to see whom she had knocked over. It was none other than Hojo, who was now not so graciously sprawled on his rear.
" Oh Higurashi! Just the person I looking for!" He picked himself with renewed vigor up off of the sidewalk dusting himself off. He then a pulled out a basket out of thin air and presented it to Kagome who sweatdropped.
“ I heard about your conjuctivitus and I wanted give this to you to help.” He thrust the package into Kagome arms who then examined the contents of the package
An array of various animal eyeballs stared back at her.
“ Eeeeeeppp!” she squeaked, and nearly dropped the basket. Hojo must have sensed her shock and went on to explain the reasoning behind his unusal gift.
“ These are animal eyes…” he started to explain. Kagome neary rolled her eyes at that one. ` Gee, Captain obvious, what gave it away? Maybe it was the fact that they were STARING right at me hmm?' she thought sarcastically. Hojo continued not noticing the expression on her face.
“ They are believed to be very helpful in aiding in the healing process for those with your condition and I thought the least I could do was to give this to you!” He finished with a huge grin on his face. Kagome sweatdropped again. ` Nothing seems to darken this guy's doorway. Only Hojo could be this happy taking about dead eyballs.' At this last thought Kagome let out a very undignified snort. Hojo despite being incredibly dense, picked up on it.
“ Um Kagome, are you alright?” he asked waving a hand in front of her slightly glazed over eyes bringing Kagome out of her thoughts.
“ Oh, um ahem I uh… oh I still have… a cold… yeah a cold!” she then gave a very pathetic imitation of a cough. She then threw in a couple sniffs just for good measure. Fortunately for Kagome, Hojo bought it.
“ Oh, well then I best get going! See you later! Feel better!” He walked off only to turn around and wave back at Kagome. Kagome returned the favor, giving a weak wave of her own. She then turned around and started walking back towards the shrine, shaking her head in amusment.
` What a douche bag.'
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
The acrid smells assaulted his nose as he hopped out of the well. He grunted in disgust. ' I don't even know why she even comes back to this filthy place, those "test" things aren't even worth it.' He walked out of the well house and hopped into his favorite tree. He knew it was a little early for Kagome to be home so he figured a little catnap in the Goshinboku wouldn't hurt.
`Besides she'll probally end up late talkin to those squealing friends of hers or worse that Hobo guy' InuYasha instinctively felt a low growl forming deep in his chest at the thought of another male around Kagome. But he didn't dwell on it for long as he started to drift off as lazy waves of sleep began to overcome him.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
That's chappie numbah one folks! Please review and tell me what you think!