InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Immortal ❯ My Immortal ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
I own nothing- not the song or the anime. No suing. This has been the disclaimer.

I'm so tired of being here
Suppressed by all my childish fears
And if you have to leave
I wish that you would just leave
'Cause your presence still lingers here
And it won't leave me alone

Kagome sighed. Inuyasha was always with her, weather yelling or protecting or just.... being Inuyasha. She smiled.
She didn't mind Inuyasha being himself at all. It was teh Inuyasha that she'd fallen in love with. Not taht she'd ever tell him. He just say 'feh' and she'd still have to help find the Jewel. It would be too awkward.

These wounds won't seem to heal
This pain is just too real
There's just too much that time cannot erase

"And he has Kikyo." Kagome said out loud. It was still something fo an open wound in her heart. She loved him, but he loved Kikyo, a lump of cold clay.

When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
I held your hand through all of these years
But you still have
All of me

She remembered all the times that Inuyasha had made her laugh or cry. All teh tiems that she'd healed his wounds through the protesting of the hanyou. He had always protected her. She even remembered teh first time that she'd seen Inuyasha's tears. She'd been half-dead then. She remembered all teh times that he'd stolen her ehart. Just by breathing he could do it. He owned her heart. She'd even stuck by him when everyone else ran for cover. Those times he turend full youkai......


You used to captivate me
By your resonating light
Now I'm bound by the life you left behind
Your face it haunts
My once pleasant dreams
Your voice it chased away
All the sanity in me

Kagome's smile faded as she remembered more about Inuyasha. He'd been the light in her day. Whenever she saw him, her whole body would seem to float. Now though.......

These wounds won't seem to heal
This pain is just too real
There's just too much that time cannot erase

'He has Kikyo.' Kagome reminded herself. He had always promised to go with Kikyo....

When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
I held your hand through all of these years
But you still have
All of me

'He always tried to make me stop crying.' Kagome remembered wistfully. 'He even beat Naraku, but he never held my hand.'

I've tried so hard to tell myself that you're gone
But though you're still with me
I've been alone all along

"He's gone." Kagome said thickly. She remembered.
*Flashback*
"Inuyasha! We did it!" Kagome said cheerfully. She didn't hear an answer. "Inuyasha?"
"He left....." Sango said hesitantly. She and Miroku had both made it out, though not unscathed.
"......With Kikyo?" Sango nodded. Kagome took off in the direction taht Sango indicated. She saw KIkyo dragging Inuyasah down to Hell.
"Inuyasha! Inuyasha!" Kagoem screamed. Shje coudln't get closer then teh treeline. Inuyasha shot her oen last look.
'I"m sorry, but I promised. Don't forget me........' it seeemd to say. Kagome nodded, swallowing hard, just as teh Hell portal closed up.
"I won't forget."
*End Flashback*
"I haven't." Kagome said. The wind tickled her hair.

When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
I held your hand through all of these years
But you still have
All of me

"You still do." Kagome told the gravestone that she had errected in front of teh Goshinboku. "I won't forget."
'I never expected you to.' A voice said. KAgoem turend around. Her eyes brimmed with tears.
"Inuyasha?"
'I came back.' Inuyasah's soul told teh crying girl. 'I can't stay for long......'
"I still remember you. I still love you. Don't forget...." The spirit touched her cheek.
'I still love you too. I wish I could come back..... but no soul can escape Hell. I had to go with Kikyo. I owed it to her......' Kagome nodded. The 'wish' comment had her thinking.
"Could a soul ever escape Hell?"
'No. Not even the Shikon Jewel can.' Inuyasha said, tapping the Jewel on her neck. 'Once there, you're there for eternity.'
"I wasn't thinking about resurrecting you." Kagome closed her eyes and made ehr wish on teh Jewel. It disappeared, purified, as teh souls of two reunited lovers played in the high branches of teh Goshinboku.
The next day, they buried Higurashi Kagome, right beside the grave of a certain hanyou. Later, two more graves would appear, guarded by two.
The gravestone read:
Here lies a monk, taijya, miko, and hanyou. May they rest in eternal bliss in their own heaven in Hell.

Shippo finished polishing the gravestone.
"That's enough for today, Kirara." he told his assistant. "Everyone can read it now." Kirara mewed, and teh two walked back into the shrine.