InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Koishii ❯ My Koishii ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
My Koishii




What am I doing here? I shouldn’t be here…

The sun was shining over a clear blue sky. The morning air was crisp and fresh. The young man walked among the black-clad mourners. Unseen. Unheard. He could feel their heartache. Felt their loss like it was his own. For some reason he wanted to cry with them; share in their pain and sorrow. Somewhere in the distance, he could hear the toll of the church clock tower. The sweet chimes sent chills down his back.

What’s the purpose of me being here?

It was a pretty large turn out for a funeral. He’d guess that these people were more than just friends and family. He noticed oddly, that some of the mourners held a small white envelope in their hands. He bent down in front of one girl who held and envelope. It was worn and wrinkled with dried wet marks. Narrowing his eyes, he saw that many of the other envelopes were in the same condition.

What the hell is going on here?

A flash of violet eyes caught his attention from the front of the group where the minister was performing his sermon. A sinking feeling in his stomach made him walk through the group of people. His feet light. His heart heavy. As he drew closer to the figure, he realized who the eyes belonged to.

Miroku?

He stood in front of his best friend, and he was suddenly relieved that no one could see him. Miroku’s face was pinched, his lips trembling, his eyes filled with the tears he was fighting to keep from falling. A small sob drew the man’s attention to the girl beside him. Her long brown hair was pulled back in a black cloth band, allowing the tears to fall freely down her tanned cheeks. Miroku held her hand tightly as she sobbed her grief.

And Sango too? What the hell? And they both have one of those envelopes…

His golden gaze traveled the group of mourners. Some of them he now recognized as people he had known. Some of them looked vaguely familiar, and some he just couldn’t place at all. And then he saw her, and his heart plummeted. Standing next to the old man who had never really liked him, her head was bowed slightly as she cried silently. Her shaking shoulders were the only indication of how much pain she was in. And tightly clutched in her hands was a small wrinkled envelope. A thought struck him as he stared at her. His eyes narrowed as he searched the crowd of mourners, but he didn’t see…

Mrs. Higurashi…And Gramps…But then where’s…?

The minister was finishing the service and friends and family were walking up to pay their last respects. Some laid roses on top of the closed casket, while others, those who had them, laid down their white envelopes. One girl walked up. He knew her. Ayumi. She stopped in front of the casket and opened her envelope. A single tear rolled down her cheek as she took out a small piece of paper and laid it next to one of the roses. Placing her fingers against her lips and touching them to the casket, she moved away to stand with the others.The young man walked forward hesitantly. He desperately wanted to see what had been in those envelopes, but he had the feeling that whatever it was, would devastate him. But he had to know. So, stepping up to the casket, he bowed his head and read the familiar scrawl on the note.

They say that it is better to have loved and lost, then never to have loved at all.Please understand, that none of you are to blame for what I’ve done.I made this decision the moment he closed his eyes and said goodbye to me.I promised that it wouldn’t be forever, and I’m keeping that promise.I love you always.~K~

He stumbled back, eyes wide with shock. Falling to his knees in front of the casket, her casket, he couldn’t stop the flurry of emotions that raced through him.

She…She wouldn’t. She would never, not ever…

Inuyasha…

He turned slowly on his knees, his claws digging into the soft earth in front of him. He lifted his head and stared disbelievingly at the young woman standing a few feet from him. Her cobalt eyes glistened with unshed tears, blue lamps of clashing emotions. She walked tentatively towards him, her voice shaking with each step.

Please, don’t be angry with me, Yasha.

A choked growl caught in his throat and his eyes squeezed shut.

Kagome. What have you done?

Inuyasha please. I couldn’t-I couldn’t…

A small sob broke free from her lips as the tears started to fall down her pale cheeks. Inuyasha shot to his feet and reached for her. He held her tightly against him and stroked her hair as she cried into his chest.

Kagome. My Kagome. Sshh, baby don’t cry. Don’t ever cry Kagome, you know I hate to see you cry.

Inuyasha, please! Oh please, I’ve missed you so much!

She clutched his shoulders tightly and buried her face deeper into his chest.

Y-you left me all-all al-lone! I couldn’t stand it…

It’s okay Koishii. We’re together now. Nothing can ever break us apart again. I promise you Kagome.

Kagome tipped her head back and stared into his eyes. Bright and shining, they were no longer filled with tears, but something far more heart shattering.

I love you, Inuyasha.

He bent his head, nuzzling his cheek against hers.

I love you. My Kagome. My koishii.

His lips grazed her cheek and caught her lips in a tender kiss, his arms wrapping tightly around her. The couple glowed with their love for each other. A love that even death could not diminish or be warped by time. Inuyasha smiled down at her and swept her off her feet, cradling her against his chest. Kagome’s laughter sounded through the morning air as the young couple faded away.

Miroku smiled sadly from where he stood next to Sango. He watched as the lovers disappeared, content that they were finally together again. He bent his head and whispered into breeze.

“Be well, my friends.”

Sango sniffed beside him, curling her body against his side.

“Did you say something Miroku?”

Miroku smiled and kissed her temple softly.

“I said, ‘I love you.’”

She sighed, wrapping her arms around his waist.

“I love you too.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~