InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ my life my thoughts my story ❯ who's there? ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~~~~~my P.O.V
“Welcome my dear friend. How have you been without my company?” I asked with a smirk plastered on my face. Of course any demon within a ten mile radius would have fled at the first sight of such a powerful creature once they recognized the aura, but not me. It was InuYasha and his group that started to get worried when the aura got closer and bigger.
“Ah. Kitsumi, I see that you have come to repay me a visit. And what is the occasion of this visit?” the mystery demon asked with his velvety soft tenor voice from the shadows. It was visible that InuYasha and his group were very uncomfortable with him in such proximity but hidden.
“This visit is not just a friendly visit, but I am in need of your services, monsieur fluffy. I need some help in training my pups. Naraku will be coming for me soon enough and they need to be able to defend themselves and I can not accomplish this on my own.” I replied with a hint of amusement at the old nickname for my previous babysitter. I was not nervous for his response. I knew that he would not refuse me. It was just matters of technicalities. I knew what he wanted. And if that was the price, then that is what he would get. Of course the price was only a sparring match, but it was his reputation on the line. Who would have known the great lord of the western lands to be defeated by a half demon girl? I would go easy on him, just this once, to humor him. Hey maybe I wanted him to win.
“You know the price, are you willing to pay it?” he asked with the tiniest bit of amusement in his eyes. Only someone who knew him as well and as long as me would be able to recognize it.
“You're on lover boy!” I said with more than enough enthusiasm. “But first, we must get all of our guests comfortable and a nice meal and bath and we shall continue with preparations at sundown.” I said with unhidden excitement
InuYasha was growling and he did nothing to hide his disgust at the thought of staying at the castle with his brother. I walked back over to our not-so-small entourage and explained what would occur within the next few days.
“Ok so my pups, you are to go with jaken so that he can show you to your rooms while I catch up with Rin. You will begin your classes at sunrise so make sure you get some rest. InuYasha, I would like you to stay so that you could learn more about our families and their relationship. It would only benefit you and your group in the end and it would be better if out were to get the information sooner rather than later. I also need to explain some things to everyone in the group but I cannot do so until later on after I have gained everyone's trust. You have the choice to join me and my puts and I would also like to add that I have 5 jewel shards that I have come across that I would like to give to you. I have no need for them and neither do the people with the dark hearts. I would prefer you joining me and my pups so that I can keep not only shippou and kirara safe, but also you InuYasha. You were one of the most important people in my life when I was little and I hope that we can return to such. I know that it will take a while to regain your trust but I have patience.”
“We will stay but we will think about joining the pack. You are right, you do know more about my family than me and you can help me take down the bastard naraku, whether I like it or not.” InuYasha said with a thoughtful resigned voice. He sounded as if he wanted to refuse but couldn't because the mistake of doing so was just too obvious and stupid. I knew this and that was one of the reasons why I believed in him. I knew that he would do what was right to protect his pack.