InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Love On Loan ❯ My Love On Loan ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Well it's me. I don't own Inuyasha. ::sniffle sniffle:: This is probably a one shot, but if you want me to continue, just review. And if not, oh well. Everything is original, even the poem, SO DON'T TAKE IT!!! And please, no flames…they hurt my feelings….I'm very sensitive….Thank you.

 

My Love On Loan

 

A 20-year-old Kagome sat on stool that was in the middle of a stage. The spotlight beamed on her as if to show all of her truths of who she is, of what her heart has been hiding. She spoke poetry that could shed light on her heart and those who related.

 

"This poem is dedicated to someone who broke my heart a long time ago. It's called `My Love On Loan'."

 

Kagome closed her eyes and breathed deeply trying to stop the tears that threatened to spill. She spoke calmly with each word laced with emotion.

 

My love on loan…at least that's what he was to me,

I was blinded by the love I had hoped that could be.

The toughness in his exterior,

The softness in his eyes,

I was so naïve, I couldn't see right through his blatant lies.

For me…his love was a competition,

Competing with another girl to be in his loving vision.

You see…I was his future,

And she was his past.

The loving look he held for me was never meant to last.

Yet I stayed around and hoped,

That he would love me in return.

And even to this day,

My heart will always yearn.

No matter how hard, I wanted it,

No matter how hard I tried to see,

My love on loan and I

Were never meant to be.

 

The audience roared with applause and gave a standing ovation to the girl who spilled her heart out to the world. Kagome bowed gratefully and walked off the stage. The dams in her eyes broke and the tears she held so tight began to flow down her face. She slowly went back to her life with only her memories as comfort.