InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Loving Hanyou, Inuyasha ❯ Telling Off Hojo ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

MY LOVING HANYOU, INUYASHA: Chapter Seven: Telling off Hojo
BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! I yawned as I sleepily hit my alarm.
“Mmm… Inu…yasha...” I whispered. I then shot up in my bed, and looked around.
“I am not in the feudal era…but…..how'd I get home?” I said confused.
A voice at my door way said “Oh, hi honey, Inuyasha found you at the bottom of a hill, passed out. He brought you home…..Are you ok?”
It was my mother, of course. I shuddered as what happened the night before taunted my thoughts. Eww.
“Yep, I'm, (yawn), ok Mom, seriously.” I replied, stretching. Mom just shook her head.
“You amaze me, kid. Anyway, get up, or else you'll end up being late again.” With that, Mom closed my door and I heard her footsteps travel downstairs.
School? Ugghh. I hate school. I can hardly pay attention, anymore. I got up and got dressed into my uniform. I went to the bathroom, and brushed the knots out of my black hair. Then I brushed my teeth, and stared at myself in the mirror.
I'm a mess, I thought, and went downstairs.
I grabbed a muffin that was on the table, got my yellow backpack, and ran out the door.
“Bye Mom, Grandpa, Souta!” I yelled quickly, remembering that I forgot about them. I walked across the lawn and onto the side walk.
“I guess I don't feel like riding the bus today” I said distantly.
“KAGOOME!!!!!!” I heard three familiar voices scream.
It was Ayumi, Eri, and Yuka.
“Oh, hi guys.” I said flatly. I really wasn't in the mood to talk. I just feel like thinking. I waited for my friends to catch up to me.
“So…..Whacha has been up to lately, Kagome-chan?” Ayame asked in a chipper tone.
I shook my head. Hopefully they'll understand that I'm tired.
“Oh…. Did that guy you were talking about make you mad again?” Yuka asked.
I blushed. “NO! I just don't feel like talking, is all.” I snapped at her. I felt bad. Yuka didn't do anything…….she was just asking. I sighed.
“Sorry, Yuka. I'm just tired.” I apologized.
She nodded and gave me an `I-forgive-you' smiled. I smiled back.
“Hey, Kagome?” Eri asked me. I looked at her. (AN: Incase you were getting lost, they are all walking while talking.)
“Are you ever going to accept Hojo's dates?”
I rolled my eyes. Hojo. I hadn't even thought about him.
“I don't know, Eri. He's a really nice guy, but I just… oh I don't know.” I said, fibbing a bit.
You know why. You don't like him, you like Inuyasha. My conscious told me.
Who asked you!? I mentally yelled at it…. Oh no, heh, Inuyasha's habits are really rubbing off on me.
“Oh look, here comes prince charming now!” Ayame said, playfully.
Sure enough, Hojo came riding up on his bike.
“Kagome!” he yelled.
“Hi, Hojo.” I greeted him, as he pulled up to me and my friends. We stopped walking. I didn't know we were only a few feet away from the school.
“You decided to walk to school today? That's great exercise, Kagome.”
Hojo said with a smile. (Kagome sweat drops)
“Yep” I said quickly.
“Kagome, now don't go making excuses. Will you go to the movies with me Saturday?” Hojo asked. I felt bad. I can't lie to Hojo anymore. It's not fair to him.
“Hojo…..I'm sorry. I'm not making up anymore excuses. I don't like you the way you like me…. I like somebody else…” I said. It hurt telling the truth. Hojo looked hurt; so did my friends.
“Is it that boy you always say makes you feel horrible!?" he asked, hurt and angry.
What's wrong with him? He wanted me to tell the truth!
"NO! He makes me feel good, Hojo! You told me to tell you the truth, god!" I yelled at him! He only feels hurt, I shouldn't have yelled. I ran up the school steps and into the doors, just in-time for the bell.