InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Story: A Human 'Tail' ❯ Confrontations ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

My Story: A Human 'Tail'
Chapter 14- Confrontations
 
DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT AND WILL NEVER OWN INUYASHA. But I do own the idea of this story.
 
A/N: Hey guys… I'm going to keep to my word and keep updating as fast as I can. Well the good news is, my writers block is mostly gone and I've planned out the rest of the story to the end. The only thing is I might get stuck on what should happen in the middle. For example, like when they should see each other again, but hey I'll just go with flow, and see where the words take me. I have the last sentence written if that helps me any, which it won't, but that is good news for you, meaning, the story is getting interesting, and I'll continue with this story to the end. Now that that's cleared up. On with the story!
 
Waking up, I did my Daily ritual. Wake up, eat a wonderful breakfast made by Sango, say good morning to the boys, and leave.
 
So Here I am now, on my way to Myoga's for work, bracing myself for the day to come.
 
“Hello Kagome” Myoga greeted as I walked in. “ did you have a good rest?”
 
“Good Morning Myoga, I did have a nice sleep and I am now well relaxed, recuperated and ready to work.”
 
A few hours passed and it was now nearing noon time.
 
“Well, we sold quite a bit since morning, but things have seemed to cool down. What do you say, we have some lunch”
 
“Alright” I got up and changed the sign on the door to `closed' and went into the back.
 
“What will it be” I asked Myoga “Ramen, stew, or sandwiches”
 
“Ramen would be nice, thank you” I smiled.
 
“Ramen it is then” And I took out all the supplies and began to cook.
 
Once it was done, we sat there in silence eating our food, but I could tell that he still had questions to ask. But the silence eventually got to me and I broke.
 
“Ok, what do you want to know?”
 
He gave me a curious look. Like you don't know already Mr. I know everything.
 
“Oh come on. I know that you have been dieing to ask me questions about what happened. So just ask them already. I promise I won't lie. I might not tell you every thing, but I will not lie.”
 
Whew, I need to cool down. But his stares were getting too unnerving to ignore. Never the less I will keep to my word. I would never lie; I'm just not that kind of Person.
 
“Now I promised that I wouldn't tell anybody, and I never break my word, but I was wondering if you could tell be what you were”
 
I smiled at him. I can't blame him, he was only curious. So I'll just drop him a few hints, and he could figure it out on his own.
 
“Here's a hint: Many Stories have been centered around my race. One of the most famous would be that of a fairy tale told to children. We are rarely seen by any human so we have faded from life into legends, where we shall probably stay. Only half of us is Human, while the other half is not. Blood of turquoise, voice of song, we are—“
 
“MERMAID!!”
 
So he did get it. He looks astonished and excited at the same time. It actually quite a funny face if I do say so myself. Anyways back to the present.
 
“Oh, I've always wanted to see one. Ever since I was a child, But never did I encounter such a being.” He finished sadly
 
Aw. Now I feel bad and Guilty. And I didn't even DO anything! There's only one way to cheer him up: explain and let him ask questions.
 
“It's Ok. It is rare that any one does, for how can they when we live in a place where no man could reach. We are actually very shy race, despite the rumors.” I grinned. “Now I'm Sure in your mind you have a ton of questions to ask, and who better to ask then me”
 
“Oh, well at least know why you never eat any of the sea food I Offer”
 
I couldn't help but giggle at this. I wouldn't in my right mind eat any of the food he offers, period.
 
“Ok, so first off, how old are you?”
 
This should get an interesting reaction “171”
 
His jaw dropped. Priceless. “Actually in mer-years I would only be 19, which is still very young”
 
“Ok, that is interesting. Oh I have another one”
 
“Shoot”
 
“Ok, when you first came here, people asked about your family, and you said you had none. Was that true?”
 
I saddened, but he did have the right to know.
 
“Yes. It was all true. When I was young, all the merfolk began to notice my differences, like how I had a purple tail, this hair, and odd eyes. It wasn't normal, so they all disowned me and I became an out caste. The only ones who seemed to care were my brother and his friend. So they taught me, and helped me survive on my own for most of my life.”
 
“How sad, I'm sorry for what you had to go through. I don't know how somebody mortal or no could do such a thing to a child. It's just wrong.”
 
I smiled gratefully at him. It was nice to know everybody isn't as cruel as the world I grew up in and that there is still some goodness and hope left in this world.
 
“You still have time for one more question before we have to open the shop again”
 
“I'm sorry I brought up some bad memories for you”
 
“Oh don't worry about it” I smiled grimly at him. “I got over it years ago, I learned to cope with it and in a way, it has made me stronger. It was a nice feeling though, to finally let it out and get it off my chest. I've kept it in for so long now…” I trailed off
 
“Well any ways you should finish your questions, go on.”
 
“Ok, here's one. I know you have great healing abilities, and you had the power to turn from mermaid to human, but what other powers do you have.”
 
“Hm good question”
 
Should I explain everything? I guess I should. It's the least I could do, for all that he has done for me. So that settles it. No secrets.
 
“lets see” I started “ first off the average mer-person has unnaturally fast healing abilities, as you have seen earlier this week” he nodded.
 
“We also have the obvious really long life span of like forever. The merfolk are very crafty people and have a way with making things. My bow for example, is made from oak which is very hard to bend with out breaking, but with a little bit of my limited mer-magic I can easily bend it and make it stronger. Also the string is made from my hair which is light and thin like string, but as strong as rope or wire.”
 
A look of understanding passed his face as he looked upon one of the bows I made which currently hangs on the wall behind me.
 
“But then again, I'm not your average mermaid”
 
He looked cunfuzzled.
 
“What do you mean” He asked
 
“What I mean is that, in a merfolk society, your powers come from your status. If you are of royal blood, then you have more powers than that of an average mer-person.”
 
“And what Kind of Powers would that be?” He asked genuinely curious.
 
Damn him! I was hoping he wouldn't ask this kind of question. But he did, and now the whole truth comes out.
 
“Well they have the powers to communicate with other immortals as well as the power to transform.” I replied saying the last part quietly.
 
But unfortunately luck was not on my side and he did hear for his eyes widened and realization hit him.
 
“Bu-But then that would mean that, you are a, a, a—“
 
“Princess?” I cut in and He nodded in turn.
 
“No” he looked confused. “I was stripped of that right long ago remember?”
 
And I got up to clear the dishes.
 
Myoga stood up and as he turned to leave, he muttered a sorry.
 
“Don't be, it's not your fault” I Replied, and then left to open the shop back up.
 
 
A/N: So what do you think? Well I'm going to have another one up by tomorrow to make up for lost time. Still I am sorry for the long wait on chapters.