InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Namida ❯ Enter Sorcha ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sorcha walked out onto the battle field, looking at the bodies of the villagers before her. They had shown her hospitality, and now they were dead. Her long red hair flowed behind her, and her yellow eyes were the sign of her demonic blood. Sorcha, Queen of the Kitsune clan, assassin, and a wielder of a shard of the Shikon no Tama. A lone figure approached her from the shadows, smiling at the desolate waste.
“Who are you?!” Sorcha shouted in rage, grabbing her Kaze Kitsune Katana.
“I am Naraku.” The man said carelessly. “I see this village of yours has been attacked, pity you don't know the name of the attacker.”
“If you know something, you'd better tell me, or I swear I'll kill you.”
“Very well.” Naraku said, smiling under the baboon cloak. “His name is—“
 
“Inuyasha, sit!” shouted Kagome, infuriated.
“Hey what was that for?!” shouted the hanyou, scrambling to his feet.
“You had it coming, when will you learn not to criticize lady Kagome's food?” the monk, Miroku said, passing a bowl of ramen to Shippo, the little fox demon orphan.
Shippo greatfully accepted the ramen, and began to slurp it down. “Inuyasha never learns.”
Inuyasha turned to glare at Shippo, then smack him on the head with his fist. “Shut up.”
Sango sat on the ground with her pet, Kirara, on her lap, eating small rice balls. Kirara chirped with pleasure, and ate another rice ball. “This food is excellent, Kagome!”
“Thank you, Sango. At least someone appreciates my cooking.”
“Yes, we must force ourselves to eat every morsel or face lady Kagome's wrath.” Miroku teased.
“Miroku…” Kagome whined, smiling. Then she turned to glare at Inuyasha, and stormed off.
“What's her problem?” Inuyasha said, earning himself a hard smack in the head by Sango.
“You know you could be a little more sensitive!” she shouted.
Inuyasha turned and smacked Miroku.
“Hey why take it out on me?” Miroku protested.
“Feh, why not?” Inuyasha said, grabbing some ramen.
Kagome walked to a small pond, and placed her bare feet in it, sighing at the coolness. “Ahh, it feels so nice.”
Rustling in the bushed behind her made her turn, and a girl grabbed her from the opposite side, and covered her moth with her hand.
“Hey!” Kagome managed to shout. “What doof you think your doin'?!” she shouted, still muffled.
“You are the priestess who wears strange clothing, where is Inuyasha?” she asked, tightening her grip, but releasing Kagome's mouth.
“Who are you and what do you want?” Kagome shouted.
“I am Sorcha, queen of the Kitsune clan. The village I was staying at was attacked by demons, and I was told that a certain hanyou named Inuyasha led the attack.” Sorcha said, smelling Kagome's clothes. The sent of my brethren in the east is dripping off of her, but that can't be! They were killed by the thunder brothers!
“What is it?” Kagome demanded. “I know I dress differently, but it's no reason to start smelling me!”
“How have you come in contact with a Kitsune demon?” Sorcha said, her voice dripping with desperation.
“We travel with one. Shippo. His parents were killed by the—“
“Thunder brothers, right?” she finished, grabbing Kagome's hand.
“Take me to him, and Inuyasha. Then I promise I'll spare you all.” She begged. “I must find Shippo!”
 
Kagome brought Sorcha to her friends, against her will, but she still did it!
“Who's that?” Inuyasha asked, glaring at Sorcha.
“Inuyasha, I presume?” Sorcha asked, drawing her Katana.
“Yeah, who wants to know?” Inuyasha asked, bearing his claws.
“I am Sorcha, the previous queen of the Kitsune clan in the north. I was staying in a village just south of here, ever heard of Iyuzume?” she asked venomously.
“Uh, can't say I have.” He said, causing Sorcha to fall down.
“The village that you attacked! The one you heartlessly—“ she stopped when she saw Sango and Miroku. “A demon slayer? A monk? What are you doing with this murderous hanyou?”
“Murderous? Inuyasha hasn't done anything wrong…” Miroku said, and then he looked at Kagome. “Except insult her cooking.”
“What? But Naraku specifically said Inuyash—“
“Naraku, eh? Well then you should be seeking him to fulfill your vengeance.” Inuyasha said, sitting down.
“Yes. He tricked me the same way.” Sango said, relaxing. “That's the main reason I'm with Inuyasha. Because he also seeks to kill Naraku. Just like Miroku, and Kagome.”
“Oh. I apologize.” Sorcha said, bowing down.
“Don't worry. Naraku is a mastermind when it comes to trickery.” Shippo said, smiling at her.
Sorcha stared up t him as tears filled her eyes. “It really is you!” she shouted, embracing him. “Shippo! Remember me, Sorcha? Well, Sorchie?”
“Aunt Sorchie?” he asked, unsure.
“Yes! You do remember!” Sorcha shouted triumphantly. “I thought you were dead.” She said, whipping away her tears.
“This is your aunt?” Kagome asked, looking at Sorcha uneasily.
“Not exactly. All the Kitsune clans consider each other family, and the leaders are considered brother and sister. Since my father was the leader, she is considered my aunt.”
“Yes, me too.” Sorcha said. Then she sat him down and turned to Inuyasha. “Let me fight with you. I need to kill Naraku, and I could be a valuable ally.”
“Inuyasha.” Kagome said, staring at Sorcha's right palm.
“Well, I don't see why not. But you better not drag us down!” Inuyasha shouted, ignoring Kagome.
“Inuyasha!” Kagome shouted.
“What?”
“ She has a shard!”