InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Need a title badly ❯ Chapter 1: Betrayal and a New Home ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A/N: Just to clear something up here for the future so you don't get confused, the jewel you'll see here is NOT the Shikon no Tama. The well you'll see here is NOT the Bone Eater's well.

Chapter One: Betrayal and a New Home

`Faster, faster, faster………' I tell myself, the jewel hanging around my neck, pulsing, glowing, `Why is it doing that?'

I ran to the house of Shui, my best friend, "SHUI! OPEN THE DOOR!" I yelled (A/N: Big house), banging on the door, "SHUI, YOU BAKA! OPEN THE DOOR!"

There was some quick footsteps. His brother, Kagewaki opened the door, "Get in, hurry," he grabbed my arm and yanked me inside.

He tied a cloth over my eyes and about my mouth. He sat me in a chair and tied me there. I struggled to break free, "At last, youkai, you are captured," he said right in my face, "Oh, I'm sure your wondering, `How did he find out my secret?' well, I'll tell you how: your eyes gave you away."

I was confused, sure, one of my eyes were brown, the other gold, also my hair was black with a tuft of white, but that's not the sign of a youkai, is it? "Oniisan, what's going on here?" asked a small male voice, `Shui! Help me!' I thought desperately.

"Shui, your friend's a youkai and I'm going to kill her," he told Shui flatly, `Shui, don't let him kill me, onegai!' I thought franticly.

"Okay oniisan!" said Shui, "I'll hel-"

"HELLO? IS ANYONE HOME?!" Kagome-chan! My twin sister was rescuing me! "MY SISTER CAME THIS WAY AND I'M LOOKING FOR HER!"

A string of curses came from Shui's brother, "Shui, I'll let you do the honors," he said, "Oh, and not a word of this to mom, or she'll kill us both." He whispered, but then his voice became cheery, "Coming Kagome! I'll be right down."

He went to the door and had apparently given Shui the dagger because next thing I knew, he was cutting my ropes, "'Kari-chan," he said, "you've got to get outta here! My brother could kill you if you don't. I herd that there are tunnels under the Well of Time, go down there, and send me a postcard when you get to where you are going." He said and gave me a small plastic bracelet with a heard on it, "Remember me." He said (A/N: they are only six years old) and shoved me out the back door.

"Young one, young one, wake up child!" I open my eyes. There was a kind looking young woman holding me, "Are you alright?" The last thing I remember was jumping down the well, being forced back up and blacking out.

"Where am I?" I asked the woman.

"You are almost at my village. Ye must've gotten here through the well. Just be careful, its like a geyser sometimes." She said. Somehow I just knew I could trust her, "What's yer name child?"

"Ookamino Hikari. My parents were killed." I said, for that was my name it really is "Light of the Wolf."

"Oh, I'm sorry for ye. Sometimes fighting will ease your pain. What do ye say to becoming a demon slayer? Ye look like a strong little girl to be able to survive the Well of Time's geyser and we could use a couple of strong ones." She asked. My face lit up, "Anyway, what're ye hiding behind that patch?" her hand moved toward my eyepatch covering my golden eye.

My hands flew in front of my patch, "My eye got taken out when my parents died." I silently praised my lying skills.

The woman shrugged, "Okay, well I'll take ye home for the day"

^_^ "Domo arigatou!!" (Thank you very much!) I said. We headed for the village.