InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Never Let Go ❯ Swimming In Tears ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

---Disclaimer---

Diana: what a beautiful day…don't you think so Inu?

Inuyasha: mociejfjgjfdk

Diana: what was that? (Sighs) I never understand you sometimes…

Inuyasha: (hanging in a tree with a piece of cloth in his mouth)

Diana: (cracks up) awww I'm just kidding!! (Unties Inu) I promise the story will be umm…sadder…and of course serious

Inuyasha: (chokes)

Diana: o ya (winces and takes cloth out of mouth) better?

Inuyasha: I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!!!

Diana: osuwari!!! (Loud crash) this is boring…I'm going to go huggle Kyo!!! Oh yeah and I don't own Inu!!

Chapter 1: Swimming In Tears

Sango smiled happily and walked swiftly toward the movie theaters to meet Miroku, "that monk better not do anything perverted…" she mumbled under her breath and smiled at the thought of her pounding him

It was then that a soft musical tone reached her ears and she stopped to pick up her cell, "hello?"

It was the famous hentai that she was so in love with, "Sango…"

She smiled, "Are you there yet?"

"Sorry…but I don't think we can go today…"

She clenched her fists and her face fell, "o…ok…" she was about to turn her cell off and go home when she heard him speak again…

"I think you should get to Kagome's house as soon as possible."

Sango's eyes filled with worry, "Is she ok? What happened?"

"I'm not sure…she won't talk to me! Come fast!"

She ran hastily down the street and called a taxi. Climbing in she gave directions and she was on her way, `I hope she's ok…' somehow she was relieved that Miroku hadn't stood her up…She ran quickly up to Kagome's apartment and knocked, "Kagome?? You in there?"

A down cast Miroku opened the door and shook his head sadly, "she needs help…"

Sango nodded and rushed in to see, "KAGOME?!" Her eyes widened as she took in her friends appearance, "Oh my god!! Kagome what happened?"

Kagome was sitting in the middle of the room, surrounded by wet and dirty tissues as she sobbed helplessly, "S-San…go!" She broke in tears again as she pulled another handful of tissue from a box and wiped her red, blotchy face, "W-What…d-did…I do w-wro-wrong?"

She was panting heavily, making it hard for her to talk and breathe at the same time. Her usually silky hair hung messily at her shoulders, littered with leaves and burs. Strands of her dark, stringy hair stuck to her tear-stained face as she desperately tried to stop crying. Letting out a wail she collapsed on the floor, trembling as her salty tears ran down her face. Snot was running down her nose and as she tried to wipe it all away with her hands she failed, for her hands were caked with mud. But not only that…they were cut and bleeding in several places.
Sango rushed over to her devastated friend and put her arms around her. She ignored her tears and dirty hands as she comforted her friend until she was able to talk, "Let's get you washed up…"

Slowly and carefully, Sango lifted Kagome from her spot and steadied her wobbly feet. Then she gently led her to the bathroom where she cleaned away all the dirty streaks on her face and began to fill up the bath water.

After she made Kagome undress and climb into the hot water, she began to wash her hair. Kagome, who was still in despair, only stared into the distance and occasionally mumbled something that Sango could never understand. Finally when they were finished, Kagome looked as close to her old self as possible. The only difference was her red eyes filled with pain and utter loneliness.

"Are you ready to tell me what happened?"

Miroku who had been watching the whole time (not while Kagome was taking a shower don't worry…Sango would've shot him) finally spoke up, "should I leave?"

Sango shook her head, "I don't think you need to," she turned sympathetic eyes on Kagome.

"I-I…don't know what I did wrong…"

---Memory---

Kagome smiled happily as the wind whipped her hair across her face, "Inuyasha!! Hurry up, we're almost there!!!" Today was there 2-year anniversary and she had something special to show him.

Inuyasha grinned and ran up to her, "is it ramen?"

Kagome shoved her ramen loving boyfriend playfully and laughed, "No!! It's not ramen…" She led him over to a meadow of flowers and lifted up her arms as if greeting the sky "isn't it beautiful?" The place was clean and open, almost perfect.

Inuyasha was looking at her when he answered, "ya…really beautiful…" He cocked his head and his ears twitched lovingly, "hey I got a present for you too…"

Kagome's eyes lit up, "Really??? What is it?"

Inuyasha grinned, "I'll let you touch my ears!!!"

Kagome giggled and reached up when he grabbed her wrist and pulled her to him in a tight embrace. She blushed but melted into his arms, "I like this present…"

He chuckled and Kagome could feel it vibrating from his chest, "I have an even better one for you later…" He held her tighter and soothingly rubbed her back.

She rested her cheek on his chest and sighed contentedly, `I love you Inuyasha…you have no idea how much…' "Inuyasha?"

"Yeah?"

"If you ever break my heart…I'll kill you…"

Inuyasha smiled and buried his face in her hair, "I'll never stop loving you…"

Kagome's heart sped u, `don't ever let me go…' but then she had an idea and pulled away, a luring grin on her face, "Catch me Inuyasha! Catch me!" She began running and noticed Inuyasha staring at her curiously for a while, but she didn't stop, `he'll get it sooner or later hehe…'

Inuyasha suddenly smirked and ran after her, "Don't make me tackle you Kagome!!!"

Kagome squealed and ran faster. It was easy for Inuyasha to actually catch her but he was in a nice mood so he let her get away and stayed just a few feet behind her. That was when a girl caught his eye and he stopped.
Kagome didn't notice him and kept running; `hehe I can't feel him anymore…is he THAT slow?'

Inuyasha eyes widened, "Kikyo…"

Kikyo smiled warmly as she walked up to him, "Kagome's gone…"

Inuyasha turned to watch Kagome's figure disappear into a forest, "ya…I'll catch up to her later…what do you want?"

Kikyo smiled again, "I'm just here to say hi…"

"Ya and you did…now what?"

She clicked her tongue, "don't RUSH me Inuyasha…"

"Feh."

For a while they talked and Kikyo slowly got closer to him thinking he didn't notice. He kept his eyes watching for Kagome most of the time but stopped after a while, thinking that she had probably ran home by now.

Kagome was still laughing and running until she whirled around to see…nothing! "Inuyasha?" `He better not try to scare me!!' she thought…but after a while she didn't hear him and frowned, `Maybe he got hurt along the way!' her eyes filled with worry as she made her way back.
When she finally reached the meadow they were in before she spotted Kikyo standing next to Inuyasha, `I wonder what she's talking to him about…' she shrugged and went up to them both. She was about to greet them when she heard them talking…It was nothing important so she began to approach them again when…

Suddenly Kikyo reached over to slide her arms along his waist and smile sweetly, "So when are you going to tell her?" Her lips were inches away from his.

---Author's Note---

Diana: cliffie!!!!!!

Inuyasha: w/e…
Diana: So how'd you guys like that one? Please review!!

Kikyo: INU IS MINE!!!!!!!!

Diana: NEVER!!!!! (Tackles Kikyo) INU IS MINE!!! ALL MINE!!! (goes over to huggle Inu after tying Kikyo to the sacred tree)

Kagome: Uhhh…ya

Diana: haha please review!! I'll have the next chappie up soon!! IF I get positive reviews…meaning you actually WANT me to continue…awww what the hell, I'll have it up either way =P