InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ New World Order ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
World War

Starlight Demon 22

Summary: The world is ruled by Naraku’s iron fist. His Saimyosho are his “thought police”, removing by night anyone who even looks prepared to attempt to overthrow the warlord. But with every dictator there is a resistance. Those willing to die to bring peace to instability and chaos. This is their battle. This is their story.

Note: ^_^ This came to me in a dream actually, well kind of. It was a twisted dream...never have hot wings before bed...anyway I haven’t seen many like it so I hope everyone enjoys it. Please
read and review, but no flames. Flame me and prepared to be burned.

Disclaimer: I, Starlight Demon 22, do NOT own Inuyasha, the manga, anime, original plot, other characters, etc...they belong to Rumiko Takahashi, the intelligent mind who came up with them and the lucky one who makes bundles off of them...cause I sure ain’t...I DO own my own characters (who will be blatantly obvious) and just happily give them the option of playing with Rumiko’s characters...now, on to our story

Prologue

The fight was mind-blowing, the clouds swirled above them, rain pelting them like bullets, and the winds blowing with a fierceness that nothing but the combatants could match. It was like the weather was fighting with them as well. Each side had been evenly matched in the beginning...there used to be an even fight...until one contender decided to pull out the last of his awful tricks...

In the distance, but still able to view the battle, were the next generation of lords and ladies. There were multiples of them, as the lords were very productive at home. Sons and daughters watched with the horror the world would soon know as their fathers fell. The most powerful creatures in their worlds were being destroyed as if they were mere babes and there was nothing any of them could do about it. Some wanted to join the fight, others were more sensible and wanted to go home for the assistance of their armies, and others figured it was futile and time for them to give in to this monster’s demands.

The last child, the only daughter of one of the lords, just stood there as tears streamed down her face. Of his children, it was believed she was his favorite, the most like her human mother. Though she was a hanyou she was powerful and she was a match for many grown youkai at her youthful age. She looked over her shoulder at her brothers as they argued with the other children and shook her head.

“Seiji...” she said as she shook his sleeve. He was the eldest sibling, he was the one they were to follow should anything happen to their father. He looked at her and sighed as he picked her up. “Papa...” She started to sob on his shoulder as he held her. Everyone stopped at the sounds of her sobs of mourning, as if they were now realizing what they truly meant.

“Let’s get to a hiding spot, away from Naraku, before he finds us and does that to us. We have to protect the younger children first,” Seiji said as he held her tightly. Finally they could agree on something. They left the area, the final cries of their fathers gone and the victorious laughter of their enemy carried in the winds.

They found a cave, deep in the woods, and huddled in it as they dried off and tried to think rationally about what they were to do, but it was a lot for children to worry about.

“He’s too powerful for us now,” one of the other elder children said wisely. Seiji nodded in agreement as he held his sister as she fell asleep from the sheer exhaustion of mourning and what her young mind had seen and would always remember.

Within that cave were youkai and hanyou, children of the most powerful youkai in the world. From the Lands of the North were the wolf packs; the lord, Kita, had six cubs. From the Western Lands were only two pups, a hanyou and a youkai, of the inu lord, Nishi. The Eastern Lands were under the rule of the neko youkai, Lord Higashi, and his human mate, they had six kittens. And from the Lands of the South came Lord Minami and his five heirs, they were tora youkai.

Seiji was his father’s eldest and heir; he looked to the other three new rulers, as it was their responsibility to rule their lands in their fathers’ stead. For the West it was Sesshomaru, the North was Kouga’s now, and the South belonged to Kameo. They four would have to figure something out how to protect the younger members of their family, stop Naraku, and rule their lands as their fathers had taught them.

He moved to the back of the cave, giving his sister to one of their other brothers and waving the other three back. “We have to get them out of here,” he said sternly. “I don’t know about you, but I know if something happens to us, they need to live.” Sesshomaru nodded in agreement. He may detest his younger half brother, but what was said is true.

“Agreed, but returning them to the various kingdoms may not be the best idea. That’s where he’ll probably strike next,” Sesshomaru said stoically. Since the birth of Inuyasha, Sesshomaru had been rather emotionless, giving up on the world as he thought they had done to him.

“Then where?” Kameo snapped. “Leave them here?”

“Hide them in the masses,” Kouga said as he thought. “Hide them among your people, though the hanyou may stick out a bit. Find couples like your parents and give the children to them to be raised. Naraku may look for them but he’ll never find them that way.” Seiji sighed as he looked at them and thought. He didn’t want to separate them, but for now it was the best idea going.

“My only worry with that,” Kameo said softly, “is that we inadvertently give them to spineless families who fall loyal to Naraku for safety. It’ll turn the youngest ones’ heads.”

“For now it is the best we have,” Sesshomaru said as he thought. “We shouldn’t be found again though. We’ll have to hide underground until we’re strong enough to fight and resume our roles in society.” They nodded in agreement, their plans set, and separated towards their own lands.

Each heir told their mothers of their plan and what happened to their fathers. Though they mourned, they knew what was said was right. Agreeing they immediately found new homes with loving families for the children, and with heavy hearts bid farewell to them until it was safe again.

But plans are made to be broken and nothing in this world is invincible...


*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
Note: Yes, the four lords have been given names and their names mean North, South, East, and West in Japanese. There are some traditional words in Japanese here (inu, neko, etc…) But most will also be explained in the story. Sorry if this is confusing or if you’d like a key at the bottom or top of the chapter with new words let me know and I’ll add it. Read and review please! ^_^