InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ New World Order ❯ Let the Training Begin ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
World War

Starlight Demon 22

Disclaimer: I, Starlight Demon 22, do NOT own Inuyasha, the manga, anime, original plot, other characters, etc...they belong to Rumiko Takahashi, the intelligent mind who came up with them and the lucky one who makes bundles off of them...cause I sure ain’t...I DO own my own characters (who will be blatantly obvious) and just happily give them the option of playing with Rumiko’s characters...now, on to our story

Chapter 2- Let the Training Begin

gNot everyone hid here all the time,h Sesshomaru said softly. gBefore the children started to return and more joined against Naraku joined us here it was just the four heirs and their mothers. As each child turned of age at eighteen they were called to rejoin us.h

gWhy?h Akemi asked confused.

gWe realized, as we trained, that defeating Naraku would take more than us, much more. We learned that some of the families continued the training of the children they took in; case in point, your brother, Shinta. He became a monk with strong spiritual powers.h Sesshomaru explained as Akemi listened curiously. gSo the mothers started calling their children here, where we’re safest.h

gBehind mother and Shinta’s barriers,h Akemi said as Sesshomaru nodded in agreement. gApparently, I have spiritual powers but no training. The family preferred I forgot my family and be, I guess, normal.h

gThen Kagome, Kikyo, and Kaede will have to start your training so there are no bursts of energy attracting them and purifying youkai needed.h Sesshomaru said as Akemi sighed, shrugged, and nodded in agreement.

gHow did the others join?h Akemi asked to draw the conversation off of her lack of spiritual skills. Sesshomaru fell silent as he looked around, making her worry he was tired of dealing with her.

gThey are taiji ya,h he said pointing to the wolf that led her there, a female human, and a young human male, gand she’s Kouga’s new mate, new Lady of the North. Her name is Sango, her younger brother is Kohaku.h Akemi nodded as she listened intently. gKouga and his sister, Tomoe, had gone hunting and got cornered by a swarm of poisonous Saimyosho. The siblings saved them, assisted in the final hunt, and helped prepare it in exchange for any youkai bones we may have had.h

gKouga mated Sango a year after they arrived.h He finished as she smiled.

gI hope they get to live happily ever after when all of this is said and done,h Akemi said with a sigh. Sesshomaru nodded in agreement. He pointed out a female wolf in the group around Kameo. gShe’s pretty.h

gHer name is Ayame; she was a tribal princess below Kouga in the North. She discovered a raiding party on the Eastern Border; they brought her back as suspect of a spy for Naraku. She explained her plight, watched, and has proven not to be a spy.h Sesshomaru told her. gShe’s currently being courted by one of Kouga’s men.h

gSo, who are Kikyo, Kaede, and Kagome?h Akemi asked curious about who will eventually be educating her on her spiritual powers. Sesshomaru nodded to two women cooking.

gThey are Kikyo and Kaede; they came with your brother Shinta, as they trained him in his spiritual powers and were brought here to keep them from being destroyed. Kikyo uses her powers more offensively while Kaede is primarily defensive and healing.h Sesshomaru explained before pointing to a young woman with the inu hanyou.

gThat’s Kagome; she’s mated to my half brother, Inuyasha. He brought her here when he got word that she had strong spiritual powers and was going to be destroyed by Naraku. She’s both offensive and defensive and quite powerful. You’ll learn much from her and Kaede.h Sesshomaru said. Akemi nodded; fascinated he could talk in the same stoic and calm tone the whole time and never change facial expressions.

gAm I boring you?h he asked her curiously. She looked at him surprised.

gNo, why?h she asked startled. He shook his head as she smiled happily. gActually, could you keep telling me about people? I like listening to you.h Sesshomaru looked at her almost surprised.

gDo you?h he asked her surprised. She smiled and nodded. gWell,h he pointed to an unconscious male human, ghe’s a monk.h She looked at him surprised. gYeah, he’s a very perverted human. His family was cursed by Naraku to bare a wind tunnel in his hand, or any other male member of his family, until the death of every member of the family, or Naraku.h

gWe found that perverted specimen near death while on a hunting trip, or more Seiji and Tanjiro found him. Kikyo and Kaede healed him but were also victims of his constant female bottom grabbing.h Akemi giggled, not at the plight of the two priestesses, but Sesshomaru’s choice of words.

After Sesshomaru finished up explaining the perverted monk named Miroku a group of seven powerful looking human males entered with some kills.

gWho are they?h Akemi asked surprised.

gThe Shi’nintai,h Sesshomaru said with an air of irritation. gTheir leader is Bankotsu; he’s mated to Kameo’s younger sister, Mitsu. The rest are Jakotsu, Kyokotsu, Mukotsu, Suikotsu, Renkotsu, and Ginkotsu. They were brought in after some assistance in a raid for supplies and now also hunt.h Akemi nodded as she listened.

gYou don’t seem to like them much,h Akemi said as he looked at her. Akemi blushed and looked down. Sesshomaru couldn’t help but chuckle at her shyness, it was kind of endearing. gWhat?h she asked innocently.

gNothing,h he said amused, gbut you’re right, I don’t like them. Particularly Bankotsu’s cockiness and Jakotsu’scinterest in males. Particularly inu males.h At that Akemi giggled.

gAt least he has good taste,h Akemi said with a blush. Sesshomaru looked at her curiously as she looked down blushing and playing with her hands. Sesshomaru took one of her hands, pulled her closer, and kissed it. Akemi smiled as she leaned on him as his arm snaked its way around her waist.

gLord Sesshomaru!h was screeched from behind them suddenly causing the two to jump and separate while blushing and those around them laughed.

gWhat?h Sesshomaru demanded annoyed.

gI think I’m going to go find mother,h Akemi said softly. Sesshomaru watched her go off before grabbing the offending youkai by the collar with a growl.

gThis had better be good, Jaken,h he growled angrily, gor I’m going to go hunting and use you as bait.h Jaken audibly gulped as a few on lookers laughed.

gI just wanted to see if you were hungry,h Jaken replied meekly, quaking with fear of his young master. He quickly realized the female was gone and figured out why Sesshomaru was mad.

gFor the last time,h Sesshomaru said as he dropped the fearful little creature, gif I want food, I’ll get it myself.h Jaken quaked as the young lord left him.

Sesshomaru found Akemi seated as her mother played with her hair and watched curiously as Seiji and Rinji walked up to him. The three males watched as Mai led Akemi away. As soon as they vanished Rinji grabbed one of Sesshomaru’s arms and Seiji grabbed the other and the two led him out of the hall.

gSesshomaru suggested that I get trained in my spiritual powers by Kikyo, Kaede, and Kagome.h Akemi told her mother as she searched through trunks. Mai nodded as she listened.

gThat’s a very good idea that Lord Sesshomaru had,h Mai said as she stood up with a silvery looking gown. gI’ll speak with them, and your brother, about retraining you.h Akemi nodded and looked at her confused. gI forget that you don’t remember,h Mai said apologetically, gyou were very powerful when you were younger. You’d be more powerful than the four of them if you had continued your training.h Akemi nodded as she was handed the gown.

gWhat’s this for?h Akemi asked as she awed the feel of the material.

gNothing special, something to wear to dinner,h Mai said with a wink and left her. Akemi blushed as she realized the meaning of her mother’s words and sighed as she thought.

Akemi had been given the night to relax and adjust to her new surroundings. She enjoyed learning about her brothers and the lives they’ve lived up until now. She also got thrown into meeting, or at least introducing herself, to many of the others living there.

The next morning Akemi woke up and found miko’s robes waiting for her. She changed and found Shinta, Kaede, and Kagome waiting for her. She walked up and bowed politely. gAnd I thought I was done school,h Akemi said as they chuckled. gLead the way, I’m all yours.h

gEach of us will teach you different things,h Kaede said as they led her out of the hall, gShinta will cover meditation and control, I will cover herbs, their uses, and healing, and Kagome will teach you your powers offensive and defensively, particularly with a bow and arrows.h Akemi nodded.

gMost of this will be an attempt to jog your memory before being forced to start at square one.h Shinta explained. gBecause I know, buried somewhere in there, you remember all of this.h
gMaybe,h Akemi said, obviously uncertain about all of this, gbut it sure is hiding well.h

gThat’s alright,h Kagome said smiling, gwe’ll lure it out.h She handed Akemi a list. gYour brother remembers what you have learned, including herbs. I know you’re thinking you have no clue about this, but we want you to find the herbs necessary for an antidote to the Saimyosho bug venom.h Akemi nodded as she looked at the list.

They had led her to a field they were using as a makeshift herb garden. This was very good as Akemi didn’t have to leave their sight to find the herbs and some how end up in some kind of trouble. They watched as she walked up a bit and stopped. Wanting her to figure it out, they relaxed, willing to let her take all day if needed and the weather allowed.

Akemi sighed, closing her eyes, and inhaling deeply. She wanted to remember and be able to do this, if for nothing more than to further unlock her memories. She listened as the wind howled as it went through the trees and past her. She frowned as it sounded almost painful and mourning.

Though she knew she was safe; Shinta, Kaede, and Kagome were behind her, she felt vulnerable and weak. Tears were streaming down her face, and she felt wet, like it was raining. Another roar of pain assaulted her ears, but it was familiar sounding. A bright flash of light to her left caught her attention.

The scene made her stare in shock; five creatures were battling, obviously to the death, four versus one. There was an inu youkai that looked so much like Sesshomaru, an ookami youkai that reminded her of Kouga, a tora youkai, and a neko youkai who, despite the mud, water, and blood, she recognized from the painting which meant he was her father. They were battling a creature that looked human, but obviously wasn’t. She cried out as the four youkai were impaled and surrounded by tentacles. Despite never seeing this attack before she knew it was worthless to fight, it was almost pathetic to struggle and there was nothing anyone but the weird creature could stop. Just as quickly as it all started, it stopped.

She looked behind her to see younger versions of everyone arguing about what they were to do. Walking up to one as tears streamed down her face, she tugged on his sleeve. He looked at her, almost startled she was there.

Akemi snapped her eyes open and she was back in the field with the list of herbs they wanted her to find. Instead of relaxing the three of them were standing and watching her surprised. Tears were still streaming down her face and she suddenly felt weak, like all the energy she had before she came here was gone. She looked over her shoulder and Shinta walked up to her with a sad look on her face.

gAkemi,h he said softly to her, gcome on, we’re getting you inside.h He helped her up and led her inside as the two mikos followed them.

gWhat happened?h Akemi asked as she wiped her face on her sleeve.

gA lot,h Shinta said as he thought, gbut we’ll explain after you rest. I’m sure you’re tired.h Akemi nodded weakly as she walked with her brother into the castle and then the hall again. Everyone stopped as Shinta led her away and Kagome and Kaede went to find Mai. gNow you rest, we have to talk with mother, and then we’ll come see you.h Akemi nodded and fell asleep almost instantly.

gWhat happened?h Mai demanded as he came out. Shinta shook his head and led her back to the center as she waited to hear what was going on. gShinta, what’s wrong with Akemi? Why was she crying?h

gShe’s starting to remember; only I think her memories are going backwards by starting at the newest one with all of us in it.h Shinta said softly. gShe had cried out and all of the sudden a large amount of purifying energy had shot out of her. Some Saimyosho that we hadn’t realized were close by were purified by her.h Mai didn’t look as though she believed him.

gWill she be alright? That’s all I’m concerned with, your sister’s safety.h Mai stressed.

gYes,h Shinta said as Mai sighed in relief. gShe’s resting because the burst of energy weakened her.h Mai nodded as she thought. gKagome will begin her training with the bow and arrow tomorrow. If she can focus that energy to an arrow, she’ll be unstoppable.h

“You believe she’s that powerful?” Mai asked surprised. “I mean, I know she would have been has she continued her training. I thought her powers would weaken without training?” Shinta shook his head.

“Doesn’t look that way,” Shinta said with a sigh, “more like her powers went dormant with her memory at the level they were when she was four.” Mai nodded as she thought. At four, yes Akemi was powerful, but her control wasn’t the best and occasional bursts that threatened youkai around her were a problem.

“Leave the bursts to me as I figure out what your father and I did before,” Mai said before rushing off.