InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Night Rain ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


I don't own Inuyasha or Sesshoumaru's fluffy...ain't that sad? :(







The rain matched Kagome's mood that day, dark, cloudy, threatening to rain. She'd been on edge for two weeks, especially around Inuyasha.
It started as a normal shard hunt. Kagome senses a jewel shard, they find the demon with said jewel shard, kill it, leave. But no. Inuyasha's ever-so-keen sense of smell just had to pick of the scent of Kikyo.

Of course, Inuyasha followed.

They happened to see Kikyo under a large oak tree, dying slowly and gracefully. Inuyasha had rushed to her side and given her his outer haori. Needless to say Kagome didn't stick around. Inuyasha had been sullen and moping ever since. He pushed Kagome away every time he tried to touch her, and it was starting to wear on her nerves.
That's not to say she didn't sympathize with Inuyasha, she did. She couldn't imagine what he was feeling, but there's only so much Kikyo she could take, and Inuyasha having to be force fed to eat was pushing her over the edge.

"Is he trying to die or something?" she wondered out loud. It was entirely possible.

Now Kagome sat against the wall in Kaede's hut, watching Sango take over her usual duty of making and forcing Inuyasha to eat his ramen. He and Miroku had gone out to get firewood for that night, what with the rain.

"Sango?" she spoke up after a while. Sango turned from the carrots she was chopping. "What is it, Kagome?" she asked. "I think I'm going to take a walk. I'll be back in about half an hour." she told Sango, taking off her watch so she could see what time.

"O-okay, but isn't it a little dark out? I mean, it could rain any second." she said. "Are you sure you don't want to wait until tomorrow?" Kagome smiled at Sango's concern.

"It's okay, it just something I need to do, okay?" Sango understood. "Okay, but if Inuyasha yells at me for letting you go, it's all your fault." she joked. Kagome laughed softly. "Somehow I doubt that, Sango." she replied with a sad smile. As she watched Kagome walk slowly out the door, Sango felt the sudden urge to use her Hiraikotsu to shave off Inuyasha's ears. Among other things.

It was getting darker by the moment as Kagome was nearing the Goshinboku. She felt several cold pricks on her hands and looked up at the sky to discover that it was raining. "Well, isn't that just lovely." she muttered to no one in particular.


By now it was too dark to go back, and so foggy that she couldn't see a foot in front of her. "Maybe if I wait a little bit longer Inuyasha will come looking for me." she sighed. 'Don't kid yourself.' her conscience told her. 'He's not coming for you. Get over it.' Suddenly, the tears she'd so carefully kept bottled inside spilled over her cheeks as she sobbed onto her hands.

'I'm just a copy.' she thought miserably. 'A reminder, a memento. Nothing more.'

&?&?&?&?&?&?&?&?&?&?&?&?&am p;?&?&?&?&?&?&?&?&?&?&?&?
< br>
"WHAT?!" Inuyasha yelled at Sango, dropping the firewood he and Miroku had collected on the floor. "You just LET her go?! She's probably freezing to death right now in that rain!" He glanced out the small window. By now, the rain was pouring in sheets, soaking and flooding the dirt path. "Kagome told me that she'd be back in half an hour. Which ended an hour ago. How is this MY fault?" Sango retorted.

"Now, now, Inuyasha." said Miroku. "This isn't Lady Sango's fault." Inuyasha growled at him. "Who the hell asked you, monk?" he snapped. "If anything, this is partially your fault." added Sango.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?!" Inuyasha growled.

"You're the one who was moping all two weeks. Not that I don't sympathize with you, but you were always pushing her away when she tried to touch you. You haven't said a kind word to her in at least three weeks, and have practically become suicidal, just to name a few. She's worried about you." Sango finished. Inuyasha blinked. "I'm gonna go find her." he grunted, and headed out the door.

&?&?&?&?&?&?&?&?&?&? &?&?&?&?&?&?&?&?&?&?&?&?&am p;?&?

Kagome sat under the Goshinboku, hoping for a star to peek out of the clouds, or some form of light to get back to Kaede's hut. She heard a twig snap behind her, and turned around to see Inuyasha standing in front of her.

"Kagome, what the hell were you thinking?" he said softly, looking at her. She turned away. "What do you want?" she asked dully. He took off his outer haori and draped it over her shoulders. "I want you to quit bein' stupid and come back with me." he told her gruffly. She leaned against the tree. "What if I don't want to?" she snapped. He blinked at her. "You want to sit here looking like a drowned rat?" he asked. "Sit boy!" she yelled. He crashed into the grouned.

"Take your stupid kimono, I don't want it." she mumbled, shrugging it off of her shoulders. He peeled his face off the soggy earth to glare at her. His gaze softened when he noticed the tears rolling down her cheeks.

"Kagome," he whispered. "W-why are you crying?" She gave him an exasparated look. "Nothing. I'm fine, it's just the rain." she muttered. He rolled his eyes. "Right. Sure. That's why you're eyes are all red and puffy. " he said sarcastically. Kagome stared at her feet.


"I....I'm sorry." she whispered. He blinked. "Huh?" he asked. Kagome looked up at him wearily. "I-it's not fair of me to act like a bitch when you lost the person you love most." she whispered, staring at her feet.

Inuyasha smiled sadly and wrapped his arms around her. Kagome stiffened. "Inuyasha?" she looked up at him. "Kagome, I think you have a right to know this." he told her. "When Kikyo died, she said two words to me. Just two words, nothing else. She said, "be happy.' " he told Kagome.

"I realized, three days ago I think, that I can be happy with you. Kagome, I think I stopped loving Kikyo the day she sealed me to this tree." he said, touching the bark softly. "I think.....that I fell in love with you a while ago. Probably when we first met, even. I just hope you can return my feelings for you." he finished. Kagome drew a shaky breath.

"Oh, Inuyasha!" she cried, throwing her arms around his neck. "I do! I love you too, Inuyasha!" It took a moment to register what Kagome had just told him. His grip tightened around her and he cupped her chin in his hand, pulling her face to his. Suddenly, he pressed his mouth to hers in a passionate kiss. When they separated, he kissed her cheek and wrapped his haori tightly around her, lifting her in his arms.

"Come on, let's get back to Kaede's before you freeze." he whispered. Kagome nodded and yawned. "Are you tired?" he asked. "A little bit." she answered. She rested her ehad on his shoulder, letting the rain soothe her to sleep as Inuyasha carried her home.

















A/N: Well, I think the ending really sucked butt, but fluff makes my brain turn to squish. Did you like it?