InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ No More Words ❯ No More Words ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inu Yasha, if I did, Kagura would still be alive…-_-
 
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
 
No More Words
 
 
“I hope Kagura-sama is resting well in heaven.” The little girl in orange and white chequered kimono carefully laid down the bundle of wildflower she had spent the last hour gathering in front of a small stone. It was a makeshift tombstone and barely noticeable in the field. Most passing travelers would've mistaken it as a simple rock.
 
But, if one steps nearer, they might notice that the area around the stone had been cleared of grass and flowers and the stone was mounted on a mould, piled together by someone. The stone, though not as fine cut as the ones they sell in the villages, had at least a flattened surface for the purpose of inscription.
 
If one steps even nearer, they could make out the characters engraved lightly on the stone.
 
 
 
Here lies Kagura
The one with the Wind
Her freedom finally found
 
 
 
A certain taiyoukai stood from afar, watching the little girl pray in front of the tombstone. His silver manes fluttered as a turf of wind passed by. The battle with Mouryoumaru had exhausted him greatly, but still he stood as if his wounds were merely a tickling on his skin. He was taught through the years from a young age to never let his guard down.
 
 
“It's useless to mourn for someone of such little importance, Rin.” Spoke a well-clothed imp carrying an intimidating-looking staff who stood beside her. His big lamp-like eyes stared meaningfully at the mould. “Besides, why are you praying for the woman who tried to harm you before?”
 
 
That's right. Mourning was for the weak.
 
 
The little girl turned and glared at her companion, frowning. “Kagura-sama is a good lady! Rin can feel the difference!” There was a fierceness that contrasted so against the childish voice.
 
“Rin thinks Kagura-sama deserve some company.” Her brown eyes stared at the inscriptions. “She seems so lonely.”
 
There was a short silence before the imp sighed.
 
“ She was killed by the hands of her own master. For that I pity her.”
 
 
Another turf of wind slid past him, sending his silver hair dancing once more. A strange flicker of pain jolted in his heart. He was sure a physical wound would not have been the cause of it.
 
 
The life she would've possessed. The freedom she would've enjoyed. The happiness she would've had. She would have been dancing in the wind.
 
It had nothing to do with him, yet somehow it mattered.
 
Her last smile, it mattered.
 
The damned smile that kept flashing in his mind no matter how many times he tried to push the memory into the black of his mind. Defiant, just like her.
 
 
In the end, I was with you.
 
The wind seemed to have no more words.