InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Not Coming Home ❯ Not Coming Home ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

“and I don’t want the world to see me, cuz I don’t think that they’d understand. When everything’s made to be broken I just want you to know who I am.”

 

Not Coming Home

InuYasha slowly follows Kagome to the well. He has so much on his mind, so much to tell her. Sighing he watched her walk ahead of him. It was so hard to gather all the words and thoughts you’ve held in for so long. He just never figured he’d need to say the words to get her to stay. He never figured she would go, she would always be there with him. Everything he’s come to cherish and love was leaving and he didn’t have the guts to tell her to stay.

They reached the well without conversation. Kagome had thought he would say something, anything. All she needed was a sign and she’d turn around and never think of leaving him. But as it appeared it was not to be. He didn’t want her there, he didn’t even have the decency to say thank you. Subconsciously, she knew that if she wanted to stay she’d have to take a step in that direction also. She couldn’t leave it all up to him. But it was hard, she didn’t want to feel like she was pushing him. She knew what she wanted but didn’t know what he wanted.

She looked down into the empty eternal depths of the well. Sighing to turned to say her final good byes. She would miss this time and place. She would miss all her friends, but most of all she would miss him. Slowly she turned to look at him. She smiled, remembering all the times they stood by this very well. Those times she knew she’d be back but not this time, and that made her saddest.

InuYasha stood there, watching her back. He reached down deep searching, just searching for the courage to say what he should have already said. He’d give anything to make her stay but he knew that it was her choice. He just felt like there was nothing he could say or do that would keep her there. But he wouldn’t let her go without telling her how he felt.

Kagome smile and moved to speak when he interrupted her. She felt her stomach fill with butterflies and her heart skip a beat.

InuYasha stood there the words playing in his head like a chant. But he could bring his lips to say them. He watched her love and emotions play across her face but they just wouldn’t leave his lips.

‘And I'd give up forever to touch you

Cuz I know that you feel me somehow

You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be

And I don't want to go home right now

And all I can taste is this moment

And all I can breathe is your life

Cuz sooner or later it's over

I just don't want to miss you tonight’

His thought’s played themselves out in his head. The words where so easy and heart felt but he couldn’t force the air it took to speak them out his lungs. He watched as her smile faded and time ticked by. He felt her sigh more then he heard it. Searching through his mind he was able to read the words clearly. They were there but they weren’t meant to be spoken.

‘And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming

Or the moment of truth in your lies

When everything feels like the movies

Yeah, you'd bleed just to know you're alive’

Tired of waiting she took the steps she need to give him the goodbye she felt was appropriate. She leaned up on the tips of her toes and kissed him softly on the cheek before backing away. She walked back to the well heaving a sigh of regret. The time had come, the goodbyes were said. There was nothing holding her here. Leaning over to look into the well one last time she picked up her bag. She felt cool hands wrap around her legs..

No, he wasn’t going to let her go without giving her what was owed. He knelt and hugged her around the knees, he just couldn’t let her go. Not just yet.

“Kagome,” he breathed out. “I just want you to know who I am, I just want you to know who I am, I just want you to know who I am”