InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Not Supposed To Care ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The shards were gone, purified. The wish had been made. He had wished for her happiness, for her to find love and foolishly he had thought that would mean him. Fate works in cruel ways. Now she was leaving for a home far away. He supposed he would never see her again. Well, if that's what she wanted, he'd gladly do it for her. But if she ever needed him, he'd be there. No matter what.

~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~

I think you have somebody

Waiting outside in the rain to take you away
You got places to go, you got people to see

Still I'm gonna miss you
But anyway
I wish you good spaces

In the far away places you go
If it rains or it snows may you be safe and warm

And never grow old
And if you need someone who loves you,

You know I will always be there
I'll do it although I'm not supposed to care

~#~#~#~##~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~

Inu Yasha stood in the rain, straight and solemn to the last. The raindrops plunked hollowly on the wooden framework of the well. Kagome stood in front of him, clasping her hands behind her back. Her head was bowed and he couldn't see her face. The huge pack she carried sat in the mud by her feet, slowly getter soaked. No one said anything for a moment. Then she lifted her head and looked him in the eye.

"So," she started, voice deceptively strong, "I guess this is good bye."

He nodded and folded his arms across his chest. He didn't trust his voice. She sighed and looked indecisive for a moment. Then she took a quick step forward and kissed him. It was slow and long, tender and passionate at the same time. He tasted like blood and sorrow and unshed tears and she felt a tear run down her cheek to her mouth. He tasted the salt and pulled away.

~#~#~#~~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~

I'll give you the keys to my flying machine

If you'd like
I will show you the light and when you call

I'm gonna come to you
And when you find someone who loves you,

I'll know you would treat me the same
Just lie there, you're not supposed to care

~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~

She looked at him, then heaved her pack into the well and watched it disappear below. She lifted one leg over the side and turned one last time. She whispered something, something even hisears couldn't quite catch. Then she launched her self over the edge and he slumped, exhaustion taking him over. He wiped his face and rubbed at his eyes with the sleeve of his haori, silently thanking the rain.

On the other side, Kagome knelt at the bottom of the well. The rain pounded mercilessly on the roof of the well house. Another tear tracked down her face, followed by another and another. Soon she was sobbing soundlessly, crying for herself and for him, alone and unloved once more.

~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~

I think you have somebody

Waiting outside in the rain to take you away.
If it's some kind of a game

I'm glad it came down to the final round
But anyway

If you think you need someone who needs you,

You know I will always be there
I'll do it although I'm not supposed to care
I'll do it although I'm not supposed to care

~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~

In two times, two lovers cried for each other. And in the heavens, the gods wept for them both.