InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Of Pasts and Futures ❯ In the Beginning ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Beginning

In the beginning there was no life until the gods above decided that they were bored and they created man. After a few years the gods got bored of man and so they created demons to rule over man. The gods found that the demons got out of control and were destroying man to where there were almost no more humans. So they created people who could handle demons and save man in the process yet keep their entertainment. These were no ordinary people…they were mikos. Mikos had supernatural powers that destroyed or healed whom ever they wished.

One day a miko fell madly in love with a demon and the demon fell in love also with this miko. Together they had a child. A female child that was a cross between a miko and demon. This created a new species and the gods didn't like this one bit. So they ban demons and mikos to fall in love or have children.

You see the gods found out that the miko demoness was stronger than the gods put together. And they didn't want to have to bow down to a `lower' thing than them. They sent the best demons to kill this child before she became of age and developed her powers. So they sent a four powerful demons( a cat, dog, snake, and a fox demon) in promise of power and land to own. Well little did they know that the fox demon made a replica and stole the real baby. He `killed' the baby and was offered land and power. He asked the gods for the other demons to have land and power too because they had helped him find the baby so they deserved power too.

His wish was granted and the four lords of the South (cat), North (fox), West (dog), and the East (snake) would come together every year with their mates to celebrate the day that they had gained their lands and power.

That is how the lords came to be.

Now to tell you about the child who `died'. She became the most powerful thing to ever live and was known as…Midoriko. The fox demon who became her father taught her how to mask her demon aura, powers, and looks and look human. From then on she became known as the most powerful miko to ever live. She also had a daughter that would be stronger than her.