InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Of Weapons and Smiths ❯ A Visit to the Smith ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of  their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended. In other words, I don't own and I make no money from this.

-----------------------

Originally posted to IB4Y on February 27, 2012 for I-Prompt #16. Won 1st place.

Title: A Visit to the Smith
Author: ananova
Rating: T (for Inuyasha's language)
Genre: Friendship/Humor
Universe: Post Canon
Word Count: 477
Summary: Inuyasha goes to see Totosai for a favor. Follows Weaponless.

----------------------


“Inuyasha! What have you done to Tessaiga now?!” The old fire-youkai yelled as soon as he saw the hanyou standing by his home. He strode over and snatched the sword away, carefully inspecting it for damage.

“Keh! Tessaiga's fine.” Inuyasha scowled at the old youkai's actions, folding his arms in his sleeves across his chest to keep himself from hitting the old man. Wouldn't be right considering he was there to ask for a favor.

“Hmm, not a scratch for once.” Totosai scratched his head, turning to peer at Inuyasha with his bulging eyes. “Out with it. What do you want?”

Inuyasha sighed, slumping slightly at how transparent he must appear. “I wanted to know if you could make a weapon for Kagome. Ow!” He scowled, rubbing his head where Totosai had just smacked him with Tessaiga. “What was that for?”

“What was what for?” Totosai asked.

“Why'd you hit me?” Inuyasha growled.

“I hit you?” Totosai scratched his head.

“Grrr. When I asked you to make a weapon for Kagome. Ow! Stop that!” Inuyasha snatched Tessaiga back and used it to smack Totosai over the head. He glared down at the dazed smith. “Can you do it or not?”

Totosai rubbed his head, before crossing his arms. “Nope.”

“What? Why not?”

“Your lovely wife is a miko. My weapons are all infused with youki. She would purify them and make them useless. Besides, I thought she had that fancy bow of hers that was bonded to her.”

Inuyasha sighed, dropping to the ground to sit beside the old man. “She does. But her arrows keep getting damaged before she can use them. I don't want to risk leaving her weaponless in a battle.”

“Hmm.” Totosai rubbed his chin in thought before his hand shot out and snatched Tessaiga, using it to hit Inuyasha over the head once more. “Why didn't you say so in the first place?”

“Ow! Damn it, would you quit doing that already?!” Inuyasha scowled. “And what does it matter if I didn't explain earlier. You just said you couldn't make her a weapon. Ow!”

Totosai hid a smirk. It was so nice to finally repay Inuyasha with some lumps of his own. “I may not be able to make her a weapon, but I can make her a new quiver, one that will protect her arrows from damage.”

“Really?” Inuyasha smirked, at least this trip wasn't completely wasted. Then he sighed, spotting the tongs in Totosai's hands. He reluctantly opened his mouth and allowed Totosai to pull a fang. “So how long will it take?” he asked as he rubbed his jaw.

Totosai looked up from the fang he had been examining. “How long will what take?”

“Grrr!”