InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Once in love and Twice to die ❯ Dreams Of promise ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A small boy about 6 years old, with long silver hair, down past his waist, with dog ears on the top of his head, with amber eyes; sat in the middle of the forest, by a small lake, with a small waterfall. His ears perked up twitching, eyes darting around as if looking for something.
"You know you are cheating," he yelled,
"your hiding you scent again" In this case someone.
"Come on you're the 'great Inuyasha' anyways you said yourself that you want to be a great warrior someday, so find me" a female voice said.
"fine if you wont find me I will came get you"was preparing for and a salt, but it never came. He was just about to say something when in an instant he was rolling several feet. When he came to a stop a pair of clews was holding him down.
"Well, well, well the 'Great Inuyasha' caught of guard, I would have not believed it if I have not seen it my self" the female voice said in a cocky tone. He turned his head,
"Keh, you were cheating you hid your sent again"
"yeah but what if your pray does not have a sent them what are you going to do then huh?"
"keh" was all he said
"come on Inu shows those white fangs, hehe or are you scared your face will crack hehe," she giggled,bares a grin
"there happy?"
"NO," she pouted as she got off of him. He laughed at the face she made, " see now was that so hard" she giggled, "and your face did not crack either hehe."
"Feh, come on lets go check on mom, she is probable up"started heading back to the village, but stopped when he did not hear his friend behind him. "Hey aren't you coming? What's wrong?" he said walking up and putting a hand on her shoulder,
"Inuyasha"
"yeah?"
"lets make a promise"
"sure,"
"lets promise each other that we will always be best friends, and we will grow up together, and we will never hurt each other and that no matter what you will never forget me?"
"yes I promise" Inuyasha said "but nothing will happen to you because your life belongs to me, just like my belongs to you and I wont let anything happen to you" Inuyasha embraced her.
"Same with me... Inuyasha? Listen we are the same in a lot of ways but you know what I am... what if I never find a mate? I know you will because your cute, but me sigh "
"Don't put your self down, you are a beautiful hanyou and... I... um... would be honoured if... you would be... my mate" Inuyasha said blushing
"Thank-you Inuyasha" she said she went up to him and licked the side of his cheek like a puppy would and then kissed him briefly on the lips " I would be honoured" She giggled at the dazed look on his face from the kisses, she started walking towered the village, "hey Inu you coming" she yelled, He snapped out of his daze and ran to catch up with her. And they walked back hand and hand.they were half way back they could smell death. So in a panic they ran as fast as they could. When they got there, the sight that greeted them was not expected. There was a group of villagers around Inuyasha's hut, so they went to check it out. And there in the middle of the circle was Inuyasha's mom laying lifeless.
"What's wrong with her? What happened?" Inuyasha said trying not to cry in front of the villagers. One of the villagers walked up to him.
"She tried to come out of the hut, we tried to put her back in but she said she need to see you two. Apparently she had a nightmare and needed to see you guys were all right, though we don't know why you two are nothing but worthless half-breeds" He pointed to them and yelled "IT IS ALL YOUR GUYES FALT!!!"that night after the eventful daynight came, it was the night of the new moon; both hanyou's became human.
"Inuyasha get up now" the little voice whispered
"Wha-... what is going on?" he grumbled sleepily. When he was fully awake he saw the fear, anger, and sadness in her violet eyes. "What's wrong? Where are we going" he whispered getting pulled from the hut. "And why are we whispering and sneaking around?"
"We're leaving, as of why because the villagers found out about us being human and they are going to hunt us down and kill us both"
"why wha-..." he was cut of by a hand covering his mouth
"shhh be quite" she whispered. When they were close to the forest a light shown on them
"THERE THEY ARE GET THEM!!!!!" the villagers yelled running after them.
" RUN!!!!!!" the little girl yelledthey were running a tree stump came out of nowhere and she tripped.
"C'mon get up!" Inuyasha said tugging on her,
"I hurt my ankle, damn being human" she cursed.villagers were ganging on them.
"Inuyasha, run and don't look back no matter what, I promised that nothing would happen to you, so go!" she yelled,
"NO, I won-..." he was cut off
"GO INUYASHA" she snapped
"what about you?" he said trying to hold back his tears.
"I will be fine they will not kill me knowing you are alive so go before they get you and kill us both!"
"Fine but I will came back and get you!"
"fine no GO, I will wait for you." Inuyasha then turned and ran not looking back, all he heard was a scream a murderous scream. Forcing him self from not going back he ran tears blinding his way
"I PROMIES!!!!!!!" Inuyasha screamed, falling off the branch that he was sleeping on. He was in cold sweat. When he was fully awake he saw five sets of eyes on him.
"Are you ok Inuyasha?!" Kagome asked, her voice held worry, she could not imagine what could have scared him this much.
'It was only a dream' he thought, and then remembered he was asked a question. "Of course I am wench why wouldn't I be ?!?!"
"Grrr stop calling me that, and I only asked because you woke up screaming, by the way what was that all about?" Kagome said getting angry by what he called her earlier, but her anger slowly diminished.
"C'mon Inuyasha you can tell us" Sango said reassuring him, that he could.
' Maybe I should tell them, after all we are close to the spot were we use to hang out an dif I star disappearing and they fallow then-..." his thought were cut of by a scream and a loud smack that rang though out the forest. When he looked up he saw Miroku unconscious, because he just grouped Sango.
"HANTIE!!!" she yelled at the unconscious Miroku.
"Well are you going to tell us or not?!" Shippo asked getting impatient.
"Keh, I'm goin' for a walk fallow and I wont hesitate to kill you!" he barked just before running off in to the dark forest.
" Kagome? He wouldn't really kill us would he?" Shippo asked
"no, Shippo he wouldn't" Kagome replied
"well then lets follow him" he said, everyone got up to go.
"No," Kagome said
"but why not Kagome?" Shippo asked
" because he needs time to be alone, that dream really must have done something to him, give him time ands when he comes back we will ask him about it again ok?"agreed and waited for Inuyasha to return, so he could explain what happened.
hours later
"Look here comes Inuyasha" Miroku said pointed to him.everyone turned around they noticed that Inuyasha was walking slowly, with his head down, with his bangs covering his eyes.
"Hey Inuyasha whats wrong?" Sango asked a little concerned.
"Nothing" he snapped "there is a village near by that way," pointing North,
"but Inuyasha the jewel shared is East" Kagome said pointing in that direction.
"I DON'T CARE!" he snapped "we are going to that village, what I have to do is more important then a stupid jewel shard" he said walking towards the village. Not bothering to look at the stunned looks on their faces.an awkward moment Miroku broke the silence.
" something more important then jewel shards?! What could be more important to Inuyasha then collecting jewel shards?"all shrugged and started following Inuyasha hopping to get answered.