InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Once Upon a Tree ❯ Once Upon a Tree ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I still don't own InuYasha or any other characters from the manga/anime. They belong to the creative genius of Rumiko Takahashi.
 
 
 
This was written for iy_themes, the brand new oneshot/drabble writing community at LiveJournal. The prompt was “Tree” and the limit was 200 words.
 
AN: Takes place shortly after InuYasha returned Kagome to her era at the end of the manga.
 
 
Once Upon a Tree
 
The jingling of the shakujou warned the hanyou long before he could see the monk as he made his way towards him. However, another familiar sound made InuYasha leap out of the tree and grab Miroku before jumping back up to his perch.
 
Miroku just grinned. “Why, InuYasha, if you wished to be alone with me you only had to ask.”
 
“It ain't like that, bouzo,” the annoyed hanyou replied.
 
“In that case, it's time for you to stop moping,” Miroku stated as he jumped down and walked away.
 
“I wouldn't do that…” InuYasha warned.
 
Miroku rushed back, followed by loud squealing. InuYasha ended up dragging him to safety as a huge sow circled below.
 
“Why don't you just kill it?” Miroku asked.
 
He was answered when a dozen piglets came chasing after their mother. Grunting, she continued on her way, followed by her brood.
 
“She has a family,” Miroku observed.
 
“Keh.”
 
“You do, too, you know,” the monk said. “We know you sacrificed your happiness to return Kagome, but you're not alone. We consider you family - it is time for you to come home.”
 
Miroku hopped down and motioned for the hanyou to follow.
 
InuYasha silently joined him.