InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ One Dark and Stormy Nights ❯ Dreams ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ugh, meant to update on Friday. Oh well. Expect and update on Thursday too. If I don't, too bad.
One Dark and Stormy Night
Chapter 2: Dreams
Miroku blinked as he looked up. The sun was shining, the sky was clear, and he and the others were walking down a dirt road.
“You okay, Miroku?” he heard Sango say next to him, “You like you're kind of out of it.”
He glanced at her, startled. “Uh… yes… I must've gotten distracted.”
“It is a pretty day,” she smiled, “But something tells me Inuyasha would leave us behind if we don't keep up.”
The monk was missing something.
“How did- ow!
He bent down, grabbing his wrist. Pain was climbing up his arm slowly, like nails being dragged across his skin.
“What's wrong?” he faintly heard Sango ask.
All he could do was watch in horror as the Kazaana began to open.
><><><><><><><><< /div>
Kagome groaned as she sat up.
“Where am I?” she muttered to herself. The last thing she remembered was the rain and the house…
And now she was in the middle of a field at night. Alone.
“Well this isn't weird.”
There was a rustling behind her. She turned to see, but was faced with nothing but darkness.
“Anyone there?”
A low growl.
“Anyone?” Her tone was near-pleading.
Something coming closer.
“Please?”
Something grabbed her.
She screamed.
><><><><><><><><< /div>
It was all so familiar…
Sango's legs were frozen. Her whole body was rigid as she watched it all.
Her family…
Her village…
Everyone dead…
She slumped down, flinching as blood splashed against her. A figure loomed over her, raising his weapon above his head.
“Kohaku…” she whispered.
And he struck.
><><><><><><><><& gt;<
`Well this is just great…'
Inuyasha had no idea where he was, why he was there, or how he got there. All he knew was that he was stuck there.
Literally.
He had found out quickly that he couldn't move from the spot he was sitting in.
It was really annoying him.
There was something about sitting around and doing nothing that he absolutely hated.
He sat there, glaring ahead, watching shadows move.
Something told him this was gonna suck.
><><><><><><><><< /div>
Shippo rolled over, blinking his eyes open.
It was oddly familiar…
The tall grass, the sunny sky, the loud shouts only a few feet away…
The kitsune's eyes went wide and he pulled himself up into sitting position. He pushed aside the grass, hoping to get better look at who was fighting.
Why did this seem so familiar?
Ah…
Now he remembered…
But it was already too late to turn back…
He peeked through the large grasses in time to see it…
How long had it been since that day?
Since the day his father was murdered?
He'd nearly forgotten.
But not anymore…
He watched, frozen in horror, as Hiten of the Thunder Brothers tore his father apart.
><><><><><><
Tamae glanced behind her as she added the final ingredient. She was always paranoid when she did this, but the master had other things to do besides watch her.
Fear, pain, sorrow… All of it just pooled together and ready for devouring.
It was time she put a stop to this.
Author(ess) Notes:
Isn't it a surprise, the servant girl plays a bigger part than once thought.
I didn't know what to do with Shippo, so I stole the idea from the episode where they were caught in their nightmares. Don't worry, this story will be different. I know better than to steal something that's been broadcasted across America and Japan.
Short, I know, but I'm not very good at long chapters. You'll learn to live.
Inuyasha's little segment was very scary. Don't worry. I've got as much torture in store for him as the others.
I've heard that Miroku's wind tunnel was the Kazaana. If it's not, please correct me.
/Tender lumplings everywhere/Life's no fun without a good scare/