InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ One of the Boys ❯ Being Truthful ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Kill me later, read first.

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha.

Chapter 5: Being Truthful

A feeling of contentment washed over Kagome as she woke up on Monday morning, she'd felt that way ever since that oh so fateful day when her secret was exposed. Hoping for that feeling never to leave her, our protagonist stretched in her bed to wake her body. As she made her way towards the bathroom, which was to the left of her bed, she passed Inuyasha's bed and let's just say that the contentment was replaced by guilt. As much as her week had been a good one, his had been a horrible one. Kikyo, his now ex-girlfriend, had broken up with him last Sunday, and he was still feeling the effects of it.

Upon entering the shower Kagome decided that she would do everything in her power to make him smile again.

*Let the fun begin. *

*****

"Oh, come on it'll be fun."

"No."

"Please come?"

"Well…No!"

"You pig-headed moron!!! Don't make me come there!"

"Keh! Like you could make me do anything I didn't want to!"

"Oh yeah?" Kagome retorted, running out of things to say to Inuyasha. The argument was getting more ridiculous by the second. How is a girl pretending to be a guy supposed to cheer up someone who won't even step a foot out of his bedroom?

"Okay that's it! You've forced me to go all out now." Turning around Kagome yelled, "Sango!"

~A "thud" from someone falling on the floor could be heard from behind the door~

If there ever was anyone who could make Inuyasha do anything, it was Sango. The girl could handle Inuyasha better than Simon (from American Idol) can insult.

"You called?" Sango chirped from her spot next to Miroku at other end of the hallway of the boy's dorm.

"Yeah, we've got a problem. Could you please come?" Kagome answered.

"I am at your service."

"Can you get Inuyasha out?"

"Gimme two secs," she said to Kagome, then turning towards the door she yelled, "I'm coming in." She knocked down the door to get in and then put it back up as if it was the normal way to get in a room, all of this in front of the floored dog-eared boy.

As soon as Sango put the door back up the following THINGS could be heard through the cheap thinly made dorm door:

"What the #$%^^&&, you $%#@. YOU CAN'T JUST ^%$## DO THAT!"

"THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR NOT COMING OUT OF YOUR OWN FREE WILL! NOW GET OUT THERE!!!!"

"#$@^%#&^$$##@&@*#$%$$^#&@%^#$@#@^#$*$&$^ %$^$%#$$##%#&"

Silence followed by several different sounds such as "smack," "ping," "bong," and a definitive "AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH."

"Fine you $#%^@&. I'll go. $@#^#%^%$#^$#@#$%$%&^$*$%###^$(%&^"

~The previous conversation was bleeped out by the author because of its obvious lack of tact and vulgarity. Thank you for understanding.

After a few more minutes, a proud Sango came out through a miraculously fixed dorm door followed by a subdued Inuyasha.

"He's all yours, Kag."

"Thank you. Now Inuyasha let's go or we'll be late for your appointments." Kagome said happily.

"Keh."

*****

"Kagome aren't you supposed to be cheering me up?" Inuyasha asked Kagome as they were walking downtown.

"Yeah, why?"

"'Cause this ain't working. In fact I think I'm even more depressed."

"What? But I thought it was fun. And besides I've got plenty more prepared."

"It might have been fun, if I was a GIRL!!! And what more can there be? I've gone through a facial, a manicure, and even shopping for clothes! What more do you want of me? Just kill me now and be done with it!!!!!!!!!"

"Don't worry the fun hasn't even started yet. There is one last thing we or rather you have to do before we can have fun," she answered vaguely. "Ah found it. Come let's get your hair cut."

"WHAT?" Inuyasha yelled, making Kagome pause before opening the salon's door.

Kagome sighed; this was going to be tougher than she thought. If there was one thing she had known Inuyasha would never agree to, it was a haircut. The man was more protective of his hair than a mother was of her baby.

"Look Yasha, I know you've had a hard time since well you know, but maybe it was meant to be. Seriously, you could do so much better than her. And about today…I just wanted you to do something different to get you out of your dark mood. I knew you wouldn't like it much, but just try for me okay?"

"Keh!" Was Inuyasha's answer as he walked passed her/him and into the salon.

Kagome smiled and shook her head lightly before following.

*****

~The following week~

Kagome was walking to her next class when someone called her name. Turning around she saw that it had been Inuyasha and Rei.

"Hey guys, what's up?"

"Not much, we were just wondering if you wanted to come eat with everyone.' Rei said speaking up first.

"Um…We've got class."

"So?"

"Okay fine. You can go before me I'll meet you there, I just have to put my books away." Kagome said shrugging.

"I'll go with him." Inuyasha suddenly volunteered.

"Okay then. See ya later."

Exit Rei.

As they started towards their dorm room Inuyasha spoke up seeming to be struggling to find the right words. "About the other day…"

"Yeah."

"I just wanted to say thanks, for everything. I'm not saying I enjoyed being pampered like a doll but it was nice of you to introduce me to Yuki. I know you were trying to hook me up, but I'm not ready yet, and I'm going to tell her that."

"Don't even mention it. But if you really want to thank someone, thank Miroku, he's the one who made me think of the beauty parlor."

"What do you mean?"

"Heh…Well he told me the story about the time you guys were going to go to California for spring vacation and though that it would be 'cool' to wax yourselves to impress American girls. He also told me…Inuyasha?" Kagome looked around but could see nobody around.

******

~At the dinner~

"Hey Yasha! Why are looking at me like that?" Miroku asked.

TBC

A/N: I am sooooooooooooo sorry. I'll update soon… Please don't hurt me.