InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Our Life ❯ Chapter 6

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

`Is you watching me?' kagome was sitting on the ground looking at the sky as if she was searching for something, anything. She been like that for the last two days only time she moved was to get some water and to relive herself. `I can't feel anything, I feel empty' looking down at her toes as she wiggled them in the grass. `Tonight would be so relaxing if I didn't feel like shit'. Kagome held her nose up to the sky and a small smile came to her face, as she smelt her mate scent.
 
Inuyasha was running so fast that he wasn't really paying attention to where he was going and ran right into kagome who just laughed as they rolled down the hill.
 
“What the hell do you find so damn funny?” he grumbled as he finally regained his footing he turned and glared at her when she didn't respond. She was crouched down with her nose in the air sniffing when she got done she glared at him.
“What are you looking at me like that for” she just stood up and walked up to him and did the last thing he thought she would do pull his ear and made him come face to face with her.
 
“Who is she?” she partly growled out
 
“Who is who and let my damn ear go that shit hurt?” he growled as he finally managed to get her to free his poor abused ear. “So that's why you was so mad when you first saw me huh?” he looked at her confused and it just mad her even madder “I smell her all over you Inuyasha, do she know you have a mate, who is she and I want to know now!” Inuyasha looked down at her and couldn't help but think how sexy she was when she was pissed off.
 
“Kags there is no one and I was pissed off at you for coming to find me when I told you I was going to come back to get you when the time was right!" He was glaring at her just as hard as she was he.
“So you saying my nose broke I smell a human female on you Inuyasha don't lie to me” he stopped and thought about where he just left from and a smile came to his face and he had a far away look on his face.
 
“Oh my God you're thinking about her right now your such a jerk Inuyasha!” she turned on her heel and started to walk away.
 
Inuyasha snapped out of it and went after her.
“Kags I was helping a girl well a women out of a fire” she turned around with a glare still on her face. “Her scent shouldn't be that strong on you” he took a deep breath and grabbed her hand so he could pull her into his arms.
 
“I got her out of the fire she realized what I was and began to fight me and I dropped her on accident, she hit the ground pretty hard and passed out so I had carried her to the closest village. They got mad that I touched her and proceeded in chasing me out of the village then I ran into you.
 
She looked up at him with watery eyes and a cute pout on her face “so you haven't found a replacement?” he growled a little at her question but she gasped a little when his eyes flashed red for a second.
 
“You're the one who is suppose to be looking for a mate not me” she pushed him and put her hands on her hips and glared up at him “didn't I tell you you're my mate you baka!”
 
“And didn't I tell you to at least try to find someone who deserves you?” He said the last part a little softer but she still heard him. She took a breath and went to him and grabbed his hand before taking off running. He almost tripped but he caught his balance and ran with her. She stopped at a river and they walked to the edge Inuyasha turned and looked at her with confused eyes but she just smiled.
 
“Look in the water and tell me what do you see” he looked into the water and seen his reflection and kagome's reflection she looked so beautiful but her eyes were so sad at the same time they were so full of love. She looked like a sad angel.
 
“I see us” she got to her knees and he followed, they both lend over and looked into the water. “I see two hanyous who have been hurt, betrayed, and deserted, but I also see the love in them hasn't faded because of each other.” She turned and looked at him with a sad smile “all I have is you Inuyasha don't tell me to leave you because I can't my heart wont let me. I couldn't wait for you to come and get me because my heart wouldn't let me.” One tear fell from her eye but she continued “I love you with everything in me you are what makes me whole but if you don't want to take me as your mate right now that's fine but I'm not going anywhere.'
 
He cupped her cheek and just looked into her eyes for a while before he pulled her into a crushing hug. “How about I court you until the time is right?”
“Is it going to take another nine years?” she asked with a smirk
“Who knows?” he said grinning.
 
She tilted her head to the side where he marked her before so that he could mark her again. He licked the mark and smirked when she shivered he sunk his fangs into her neck and quickly took them out, and then he looked at the blood that was slowly making a trail.
 
“Is you going to handle that or do I need to?” Inuyasha looked up at her and smirked then he went back to the trail and licked the wound clean.
“Your turn” he sat down and took off the top of his clothing off so she could get to the mark she made so long ago. She smiled at him then kissed the mark before biting into it she cleaned the wound and looked up at him when he gasped.
 
“What's wrong did I bite to deep?”
“You bit me” she looked at him like he was crazy then burst out laughing when the passed played back in her head.
 
~+~+~+~+
 
 
Inuyasha had gone hunting and they sat under a tree in a peaceful silence. They were both looking into the fire that kagome used to cook their food. Everything was fine until they heard something moving in the bushes close by them.
 
“Kagome stay here let me go and cheek it out” she nodded as he walked over to the bush and a big ball a fire came out. A little bundle of orange followed behind it and ran towards the food they had left over but before he could touch it Inuyasha grabbed him by his tail and held him up to eye level.
 
“And what do you think your doing” he growled at the little guy who looked like he was trying not to cry.
“Let me go you mean dog” he wiggled trying to get free but it wasn't working so he just gave up.
“I'm mean and you tried to steal my food why I should” kagome cut him off by taking the kit away from him “hey little guy what's your name” he looked up at her and smiled. “I'm shippo”
 
“It's a little late where are your parents?” she asked but regretted it as soon as it came out of her mouth because tears start falling from his eyes.
 
“They were killed I guess whoever killed them figured I wasn't worth killing since I'll probably starve to death.” He jumped out of her arms and sat down on the ground.
“Inuyasha he have to stay with us he's to young to be alone.”
Inuyasha just walked back to the tree he was sitting under and she took that as an okay.
 
“Shippo would you like to stay with me and Inuyasha?” He smiled and nodded his head. “Good because I would have hated to have you wondering around.”
 
Kagome went back to Inuyasha side and snuggled up against him with shippo in her lap.
 
~+~+~+~+~+~
 
“Kagome get your ass up so we can go”. Inuyasha hadn't want to wake her but last night a flea that claimed to be a friend of his dad's told him he needed to go find this sword maker or his and the life of his mate was doomed.
 
He picked the non-responsive girl up by the arm and made her stand. Kagome shook her head and glared at Inuyasha for waking her up in such a way.
“What am I getting up for” he gave her an apologetic smile before explaining what happened last night.
 
“So we are looking for a old sword maker because a flea told you we will die if we don't,” she asked as they walked in the direction the flea told him to go.
“Yes and even if it sounds crazy there isn't anything better we have to do” she shrugged and continued to walk with shippo on her shoulder.
 
As they walked they felt a miko presence coming toward them, Inuyasha pushed kagome behind him as he prepared to take care of whoever was planning harm to them.
 
As the miko came closer she stopped six feet in front of them and smiled.
“Who are you and what do you want,” Inuyasha growled
“Inuyasha you have grown since I last seen you” she was about to take a step forwarded but stopped when she heard a growl coming from behind Inuyasha.
 
“I see your friend is still alive,” she said a little coldly which made Inuyasha growl again a little louder “I asked who are you”
 
“I'm Kikyo don't say you don't remember me” she said with a smirk.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I know I took forever and a day and I apologize but please R&R thanks love you all!!