InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Ours ❯ Kohaku2 ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
From the cockpit, I could see the enemy better. This one looked almost exactly like Zearth, except that it was white.

"Kid, you look like shit." I heard Dung Beetle comment. "Low on sleep?"

I nodded silently.

"What, did you take time to make some final memories instead of getting rest?" he scoffed. "How stupid."

Suddenly the enemy took a step backwards, catching everyone by surprise.

"What is it doing?" Koga asked no one in particular. "Is it giving the people time to escape?"

"Now why the hell would it do that?" Hakudoshi snapped at him. I tried to ignore them, but Koga's words kept ringing in my mind. After all, we were the ones controlling Zearth; it did what we wanted it to. Was it really giving people time to escape?

It was very possible that our opponents were biding to someone's will. What was controlling the enemies? The other "robots"? Did they move on their own? Did they have consciousness? If not, what made them do the things they did?

Or perhaps, were they controlled by someone else's consciousness like Zearth?

I shook my head; I didn't want to think about that right now.

"Has anyone else noticed this yet?" Miroku's voice interrupted. "This thing's face."

"What about it?" asked Inuyasha.

"I'm talking about the white lights." the monk continued in a grim voice. "There are fifteen slits on Zearth's face; each one has a light inside. And of those lights, two of them have disappeared. Which means those lights represent-"

"-Our lives?!" Hakudoshi screamed, interrupting Miroku. "What kind of sick fucking joke is this?!"

I felt something abruptly hit me-no, Zearth-on the head and turned to look. The screen showed a small bird demon throwing punches at the robot.

I am being...attacked?

"Most people don't know what's going on." Sango explained to me. "All they know is what they saw. Right now, this thing...Zearth...has a lot of enemies because it's gone around killing a lot."

I screamed as I felt another blow; this one was much more painful than the first. It came from a bigger bird demon that had thrown some sort of sword at Zearth.

"Don't worry. Nothing from this Earth can harm Zearth, no matter how strong it is. They're wasting their time." Dung Beetle clarified. But that did nothing for the fact that I could feel the pain of every attack they unleashed on Zearth.

The enemy robot chose this moment to take a step forward; I ignored the pain of the bird demons attacking me the best I could and charged at it rapidly. It punched Zearth square in the chest, knocking off several pieces of armor.

I gasped as I felt like air was being knocked out of my lungs; like someone had puched a hole through me or something. But it was okay; I'm a trained demon-slayer. I can still fight while in pain. I attempted to punch it the same way it punched me, but to no avail.

"I can't hit it, the arms are too long!"

"In that case, detach them." Dung Beetle answered simply. Of course; back when Naraku was fighting, he had used a detached leg of Zearth to win.

I willed the arms to detach their forearms, and they did. They were considerably shorter now.

The opponent hurled another punch my way; I sent a punch back and our "fists" met. However, its arms had blunt ends while Zearth's had sharp, pointy ends. Zearth's arm pierced through the other robot's and connected to it. I used this to my advantage by hurling it around and throwing it into a mountain like Kanna had during her fight.

As soon as it was down, I wasted absolutely no time in piercing its chest.





Third Person POV

Sango returned to the flower garden that evening. This time, she was alone. She started another fire and cooked another meal, and set places for both her deceased father and brother.

She and Kirara danced along to a rhythm only they were familiar with; but this time, she could not continue long enough to finish the dance.

Instead, she broke down to her knees mid-way and sobbed the rest of the night.