InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Ours ❯ Jaken 2 ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
When we woke up the next morning, the first thing we heard was Inuyasha's ranting as their group happened to walk by us.

"Goddammit, what is with him?!" He shouted angrily, holding his bloody side. "What did I ever do to him to make him come at me like this all the time?!"

"Inuyasha, calm down." Kagome said, motioning for him to sit down. "You're not doing any good for your injuries."

So that was where my Lord went last night. To fight his brother. So typical of him. But hadn't they noticed me, Rin and Ah-Un? Why are they settling down here? I don't wanna hear his complaining!

I prepared to walk up to him and scream at him, but then I noticed that Rin had beaten me there. She was standing there watching them silently.

"Oh, Rin!" Kagome said, seemingly startled. "Are you looking for Sesshomaru?"

Rin didn't answer. Instead, she approached Inuyasha with an expression on her face I didn't understand.

"Did...did Lord Sesshomaru do this?" she asked.

The hanyou scoffed. "What do you think, kid? Hells yes, he did."

Rin paused before speaking. "Why?"

"What do you mean, why?" Inuyasha raised an eyebrow. "I don't know, because he's an asshole! He's always doing this kind of shit."

"Inuyasha! Don't swear in front of her!" Kagome scolded him.

"Well it's true!" He retorted. "Have you forgotten the numerous times he's tried to kill you, Kagome? Even when you first met, and he didn't even know you!"

Rin interrupted his rambling. "...Lord Sesshomaru...tried to kill Kagome?"

"He has this thing about humans." Inuyasha replied. "He hates them, always says they're weak and whatnot. He's always on my case about being half-human. But what confuses me though, is that he travels with you!" His eyes landed on Rin. "And yet, towards any other human, he's still a complete monster. Hell, not just humans, actually-any and everyone he meets!"

"Um, Inuyasha?" The monk cleared his throat. "I don't think she's aware of this."

I looked at Rin; her face was getting more and more twisted by the minute.

"What are you talking about? She must know; she's always with him!" Inuyasha replied. "She's had more than enough time to witness it! Or does he only act like an ass when she's not around? What, does he play hero or something and act like all the people he's killing are villains?"

"Inuyasha, stop." Kagome seemed to have caught onto the way Rin was acting. "I think-"

"What the hell, he is the fucking villain!" the hanyou continued. "He used my mother's memory to torture us just so he could get the jewel in my eye, and then when the nothing woman tried to help me, he killed her! He killed her just for having compassion, I still can't-"

"Inuyasha, sit!"

He plummeted face-first towards the ground. At this point, Rin looked like she couldn't take any more. She turned and started to run. I had no idea where she was going.

"Rin!" I shouted, running after her. She didn't answer. "Rin!"





Rin came to a stop at a village; Moriko's village to be exact. Thank God she stopped, though. I was starting to feel like I was gonna die.

"Rin!" I scolded her when I caught up. "What do you think you're doing?! Running off like that!"

"Master Jaken." She addressed me with a whisper. I felt my body stiffen. "Did you lie to me yesterday?"

My jaw dropped. I looked away from her. I tried and tried to think of a good response, when a small voice interrupted my thoughts.

"Lie about what, Rin?" It was that kid, Moriko. She had come out of her hut after hearing all the commotion.

Rin ignored her presence entirely. "Master Jaken, please! Look me in the eyes! Tell me!"

Just then, a glowing ball of light came down and landed beside us; the light dissolved and it was none other than Lord Sesshomaru. He had come looking for us.

"Jaken. Rin." He commanded after briefly surveying the scenario before him. "Let us go."

Imagine his surprise when no one budged. We all ignored his command; there were more important issues at hand.

"Yes, Master Jaken." Moriko spoke up, looking at me with resentment in her eyes. She knew. She saw me there with him when my Lord killed her father. And I had lied about it in front of her. "Tell her. Tell her the truth."

My silence alone was enough of an answer. Rin closed her eyes to blink away tears.

"Why aren't you talking, Master Jaken? It can't be-"

"Or better yet," Moriko cut her short and looked at my Lord. "Why doesn't he tell you himself?"

We all turned to Lord Sesshomaru, who still seemed a bit confused. As confused as he could seem, that is.

"Oh my God, it's true." Rin grabbed her head like she had a massive headache. I don't blame the girl.

"Yes, it's true, Rin." Moriko said to her. "You wanted to know, so I told you. The person who killed my father is the man standing behind you. That's why I didn't want to play near him."

My Lord's eyes widened a bit. He must have caught on to what they were talking about.

"How could you doubt me, Rin? Why would I lie about that?" Moriko's voice was breaking. She herself was forming tears. "I thought you, out of all people, would understand! You've had the same thing happen to you!"

"B-but, Lord Sesshomaru is not like-"

"Rin, stop denying it!" Moriko shouted. "He's no different from the bandits that killed your parents."

Rin had no reply. Her only response was to sob, not holding back anything anymore.

"Why are you taking his side, Rin?" Moriko also started to bawl. "People like him are the reason people like us have to suffer. You should know that! You've been through the same thing! Or are you in on it with him, huh? Is that why? Are you the kind of person he is, too? Are you the same as him? Cause that would explain a lot! Did you know him back then when he killed my father, Rin? Were you planning it with him?!"

The child seemed to have lost her mind. She kept shouting endlessly, babbling on and on about any and everything. At that moment, Rin started to run off again, leaving the other child to her sorrow.

"Dammit, Rin!" I took off after her. "You can't just keep running off every time!"

"Rin!" Lord Sesshomaru's voice was firm. I think, for one of the very few times in his life, he didn't know how to react to a situation. "Stop."

Rin did stop; only to turn around, glance at my Lord, and then run off again, still crying. Of course, I followed.

"Yo."

We didn't have time to get very far. Dung Beetle teleported himself right in front of us.

"Who heard the voice?"

I nodded, too distraught to say anything.

"Alright, the enemy is here. Time to go."

Time to go. Time for me to die.

Why? Why at this moment? Why now?