InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Paper Doll ❯ Can I Stay With You? ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Paper Doll
Part 7: Can I Stay With You?
Arashi absentmindedly stroked the sleeping hanyou's head. They were back in his castle. He was sure that Sesshoumaru would come back for his little brother. After all the more you hate something the more you begin to like it. Then when it's gone you regret not taking the chance to take it because sometimes if you do something bad would always happen. Well Arashi always takes those chances. After all he never really was in the worst end of it, at least to him. It would just be taken away instead. He never did stay close to all of his possessions before. He just liked to play around.
But his is something he enjoyed playing around much more. And seeing the demon lord suffer greatly was a priceless possession. Though he doubted that Sesshoumaru would admit it. He loves taking things away from people and demons alike. But this was a special occasion. Usually he'd tire of a pet after a week. But he never did tire of this one. Arashi stared over the distance. He was patiently waiting for the demon lord.
----------------------
Sesshoumaru threaded through the lands not wasting any time. He didn't stop for the other people since that was not on his mind right now. The only thing important was Inuyasha. How did that half demon become his first priority, he didn't know. It just seemed to resurface after years of it being rendered a liability. The emotions came back to him. But he figured they were buried. After this, he'd leave the hanyou with the wrench, never ever to see him again. Besides it was Inuyasha who left him.
He quickly made his way to the clearing of where the castle is. He wondered why does he always come back here? He didn't like to continue this chase any longer. He was just going to go in there, fight the demon then take Inuyasha back to the shard hunters. It'll be just like it was before. As for him, he'd be alone with Rin to take care of. That was all he needed. He couldn't very well be attached to the little girl because she would die before he did. But maybe they were his reasons for making him realize his mortality.
He shook off those thoughts as he came upon the castle in his sights. He stopped and analyzed what he was going to do. Thinking to do the usual he just figured to barge in, kill anyone in his way, and then take what he came for. In this case it's Inuyasha. He'd drop him off with the miko and then go back to his palace. He couldn't think of that right now.
Sesshoumaru strutted silently to the entrance. He might as well use the front door. After all he was always an invited guest. He went in through the front door and tried to remember where the room was. Walking down the halls he was sensing for any type of danger.
He opened the double doors he ended up in front. He entered a room that was like a throne room. It was empty and cold. Not that he minded. He walked further in knowing he was somehow walking into a trap. He dodged as something narrowly almost hit him. He turned behind him to see that woman who told him where his half-brother was the first time. He growled softly in annoyance. He had no time for detours. But this woman wouldn't take no for an answer.
Sesshoumaru rested his hand on Toukijin ready to do battle with this woman.
----------------------
Kagome and the others were able to catch up with Shippo's sense of smell being a fox demon and all. They ended up in a castle not as big as a demon lord's but a fair size. It was unusually quiet but they could tell that there was something there in the fields. As they got closer to the front door demons busted out from the ground completely surrounding them. They stood ready back-to-back going against the demons.
----------------------
Back inside Arashi watched from the shadows. He wasn't too worried about this since everything was all planned out. Inuyasha was unconscious in his room. Should Sesshoumaru even beat Mika then that'd be a surprise. He wondered how would he be able to face his amnesic brother who thinks he's an enemy. This was all going according to plan. After all this was just a game and he was the player controlling his pawns.
He let it continue for a little longer and right now the demon lord was suffering a few slash marks while Mika was in perfect health. It would be a perfect time to stop. He stepped out.
“Hello, Sesshoumaru-sama, it's a pleasure to see you again.” Arashi stated with a bow showing proper respect. Sesshoumaru just glared at him.
“Cut the crap. Where is he?” he asked coldly.
“I have no idea who you're talking about. Maybe if you asked the right question I can give you the right answer.” Sesshoumaru growled in annoyance.
“Where is my brother?”
“Now that is the right question. Mika take care of the rift raft outside. I'm sure they won't be too much trouble. If you will follow me my lord.”
Sesshoumaru, against his better judgment, followed Arashi, as he was lead through corridors and various turns. This castle seemed small looking at it outside. He was led to a room. The only providing light were the candles surrounding the room, along the walls. There was a bed along the far wall. He walked in after Arashi and towards the bed. Sesshoumaru approached cautiously. What he saw made him stop.
His eyes glanced at Inuyasha who was on the bed. He was sleeping but looked positively radiant. But there was something else he noticed. There were bruises on his neck and by the way pain was etched on his face there was injuries in other places too. His sword immediately pressed against Arashi's neck. His golden eyes glared at the other demon.
“Give me a good reason why I shouldn't kill you and leave your mangled corpse to the wolves,” Sesshoumaru said coldly. Arashi just gave him an amused smile.
“You're so violent. He put up a good fight resisting my influence. I can see where your half-brother got it from, though he isn't that creative. Since you are find some reasons why.” Arashi answered.
Sesshoumaru growled in annoyance. He didn't like being played and he wasn't in the mood for games. His sword made a striking sound but missed as Arashi dodged it and landed next to Inuyasha picking him up.
“Put him down,” Sesshoumaru ordered while holding out his sword threateningly. Though he couldn't make a move anyways when Inuyasha could be used as a shield. Arashi laughed.
“Oh, my this is amusing. If you make me drop him then I'll back off and you could leave otherwise you'd have to try harder than that.”
Sesshoumaru accepted and didn't hesitate to attack. He knew what to watch out for.
Slash! Hit! Block! Jump!
Slash! Block! Jump! Hit!
They continued for a few more minutes before they stood in a standstill. Sesshoumaru was suffering a few minor injuries while Arashi was still healthy as ever. How Arashi had managed to even accomplish that was really unbelievable. Inuyasha still lied unconscious in his arms. Sesshoumaru dashed towards Arashi again this time hoping to achieve what he was trying to do. Arashi sidestepped the attack but didn't count on the other swing.
Time stood still for the two. The sound of a splash echoed, cutting the silence that has been spared. A `thump' was heard through the room.
“Well, well, nice try. I would have to say I underestimated you Sesshoumaru. But by next time I doubt I'd forget this transgression. Till then he belongs to you.”
Arashi claimed before disappearing, leaving as he said he would. Sesshoumaru sheathed his sword before picking up his brother. He disappeared before the human group came and saw him.
----------------------
It has been a week. And still no sign of Inuyasha. Kagome and the others were waited. They got no reinsurance if he was okay or not because when they entered the castle no one was there. They were getting worried. Either Sesshoumaru took him or he was somewhere dead. They couldn't help but fear for the worst. All they could do is wait. Kagome went back to her time so she could change.
----------------------
Sesshoumaru watched over Inuyasha's sleeping form. It has been a week. Inuyasha didn't remember anything he was lost. He didn't remember his mother or father, what he was, even Sesshoumaru. He then thought back to two days ago when they talked after he woke up.
Flashback-------
It's been three days. Inuyasha has yet to wake up. Sesshoumaru walked up the steps to his room. He would've put his half-brother in another room but something might happen so he just left him in his room. When he opened the door he stopped for Inuyasha was awake already.
Except there was something about Inuyasha's reaction. When he went to stand by the bedside Inuyasha just looked confused and a bit frightened. So he kept his distance and the hanyou looked around the room trying to probably remember things. His eyes met his.
“Who are you? What am I doing here?” Inuyasha asked. This time it was Sesshoumaru's turn to be shocked. Inuyasha didn't remember him. Then he found his voice to answer.
“I'm Sesshoumaru lord of the western lands. You are my…brother.” He stated a bit hesitantly. He didn't know whether to decide brother or lover?
“I'm your brother?”
“Yes. Do you remember anything?”
“I remember my name then there's this image of this girl and you. Well now I know who you are but do you know her, the girl with the black hair?” Sesshoumaru felt a pang of bitterness. He remembered the priestess. He felt a twinge of jealousy but answered anyways.
“She's your lover.” It hurt to say that.
“She is? Is she here?”
“No, she's in a village. You can go see her and stay there if you like.” Sesshoumaru dammed himself for suggesting a thing like that.
“But don't I stay with you? After all we're brothers aren't we?”
“No, you come from time to time.”
“But how come I don't remember any of it? If I had a strong connection won't I remember you and her?” This memory thing was like teaching a kid something new.
“No. You have amnesia. Your memories will return to you when the time comes. I'm sure if you're around familiar territory it would let you get accustomed so I'll take you to the village where the miko stays. You can be with your friends then.”
Sesshoumaru's fists clenched as he said that. His back was turned so his facial expressions could be read. He was sure it faltered. Half of him wanted the hanyou to go but the other…wanted him to stay. He was surprised as he felt arms encircle his waist from behind. He didn't bother to turn around because he knew who it was. Inuyasha buried his head on the back of his brother. For some reason he wanted to stay not go back to the village because he would be lost and Sesshoumaru was the first he saw. He felt the faltering icy tone in his brother's voice. And it hurt him inside to even think of passing it over.
“Can…can I stay with you?”
End Flashback------
Sesshoumaru sighed as it replayed in his mind. He never did give a straight answer; instead he just left the room and only brought up food since Inuyasha might get lost. He stared once again at Inuyasha's sleeping form then sighed again. He brushed the silvery bangs from his half-brother's face before backing away as the hanyou shifted.
“Sesshoumaru…” He heard Inuyasha mumble in his induced sleep. He was surprised. Before regaining his composure and getting a hold of his emotions he bent down and kissed his forehead.
Yes, he would stay with him and this time maybe things would be different. He would be a better brother than before then maybe in time they could be lovers again just like before.
+Owari+
Kinshin: Sorry folks no lemon. I just couldn't put it in. But anyways I was thinking of a sequel since this story didn't turn out the way I wanted or planned to. I hate it when that happens. Thanks for your visits! And if you want a sequel tell me in a review!
Like it? Review!