InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Part Of The Pack ❯ Awake ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Inuyasha looked down at the girl in his arms. She had lost control; the worst thing was that he couldn't help her. Inuyasha growled at the thought and held Kagome closer. He wouldn't loose her to Kee. Inuyasha rubbed Kagome's back thinking, I won't loose her to herself. Inuyasha wrapped her in the blanket she had discarded earlier.
 
“Inuyasha…” Sango asked attentively when she came in a few minutes later.
 
“Yeah Sango?” Inuyasha said as he looked up from the girl in his lap.
 
“Has Kagome gotten up at all?” Sango asked as she looked worriedly at the sleeping girl.
 
“She was awake for a few moments a little while ago; I got her to tell me some basic stuff, so she'll be fine.” Inuyasha said as Sango took a seat in front of him moving her hair out of her face. “Kagome will be happy for you when she wakes up.” Inuyasha said motioning to the mark on Sango's shoulder.
 
Sango blushed and nodded.
 
“Is there anything else?” Inuyasha asked raising an eyebrow.
 
“Me and Miroku suggested to your father that we should go after Kee as soon as possible, to put a stop to this.” Sango said looking back at him seriously. “He said it would be for the best, we don't want that to happen to Kagome again.”
 
“Who's we?”
 
“Me, you, Kagome, and Miroku.” Sango said with a nod.
 
“In a few days, maybe the day after tomorrow, we'll start on our way to find him.” Inuyasha said as Kagome shifted in his lap with a soft smile gracing her lips.
 
Sango stood up with a nod and said, “Ok, I'll leave you two alone.”
 
Inuyasha nodded as she left. He then looked down at Kagome and then started rubbing one of her ears to see how she'd react. Kagome smiled and leaned in to his touch. After a minute or so Kagome woke up with a yawn and smiled up at him. “You ok?” Inuyasha asked as he stopped rubbing her ear.
 
“Still kinda worn out, but I'll be fine.” Kagome said as she carefully moved from Inuyasha's lap stretching. Inuyasha put an arm around Kagome nuzzling her head. “Inuyasha…what happened, the last thing I remember is Kee holding me off the ground by my neck.”
 
“It was a puppet…” Inuyasha said hoping she would just leave it at that.
 
“I changed, huh?” Kagome asked as she pulled back from him, looking him in the eye.
 
Inuyasha nodded saying, “Yeah you did…”
 
“I didn't hurt anyone did I?” Kagome asked with big eyes.
 
“No you didn't hurt anyone.” Inuyasha said as Kagome hugged him burying her head in his chest. Inuyasha heard her sob and pulled her back into his lap.
 
“It's not fair Inuyasha…” Kagome cried into his shirt.
 
Inuyasha rubbed her back and asked, “What's not fair?”
 
“I can still smell it.” Kagome whined. “All those people…”
 
Inuyasha pulled Kagome back and wiped the tears from her cheeks. “What happened?”
 
“I was hurt and demon hunters were after me…I changed and killed them…My bother stopped me from following the last one back to the village…or at least that's what he told me, I don't remember any of it.” Kagome said closing her eyes trying to stop the new tears from falling. “I took joy in it…I remember that. I wanted them to feel the pain I had felt.”
 
Inuyasha held onto her and let her cry. “I'll keep you safe Kagome; I won't let you do anything like that.”
 
Kagome calmed down after a few minutes and moved out of Inuyasha's lap. “I'm sorry…”
 
Inuyasha lightly kissed her and then said, “No, don't be sorry.”
 
Kagome gave him a weak smile before she moved closer to him, and leaned against him. How can he still say he'll protect me after that?
 
“Kagome, are you ok?!” Squeaked the little kit as he came running in the room and skidded to a stop in front of the two.
 
Kagome smiled at Shippo before picking him up and setting him in her lap, “I'll be fine Shippo.”
 
“Good.” Shippo stated with a firm nod of his head.
 
“Shippo…” Inuyasha growled. “What have I told you?”
 
“Inuyasha stop that.” Kagome said like she was scolding a child. “Shippo can you do me a favor?”
 
“Sure I can.” Shippo said with a smile.
 
“Knock before you come in here.” Kagome said with a smile.
 
“No problem.” Shippo nodded.
 
Inuyasha growled mumbling something incoherent.
 
“Shippo go play with Sango and Miroku for a while.” Kagome said taking him from her lap.
 
“Knock first!” Inuyasha yelled after the kit.
 
“So what were you mumbling?” Kagome asked with a smile.
 
“My mate wakes up, and then I have to share her with a kit.” Inuyasha mumbling with a slight blush, knowing he wasn't getting out of it.
 
Kagome giggled before leaning up and giving him a kiss. “Well I'm all yours for the moment.”
 
“Inuyasha is she ok?” Sakura asked as she walked in, only to walk back out. “Come down to dinner when you're ready.”
 
“Fate hates me…” Inuyasha growled as they stood up.