InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Part Of The Pack ❯ Flashback ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
“Miroku, where's Kagome and Sango?” Inuyasha said as she he cut through more demons that were charging him
 
“They led some demons off so they could deal with a smaller group and take some off our hands.” Miroku said as he took out a group of smaller demons that were all trying to jump on him.
 
“Inuyasha/Miroku!” Kagome and Sango screamed as they ran back to the clearing a giant bird like thing flying after them.
 
“What a beautiful sound.” Inuyasha said as he looked over at Miroku who nodded his agreement. Then they both jumped up and tore through the flying demon with their weapons.
 
The flying demon had scared off the other demons, and they all collapsed on the ground after the confirmed it. They had been at it for more then an hour. They had been heading to check there next lead after their three day break, though Sango had almost talked Inuyasha into a fourth.
 
“I've never fought so many demons…” Kagome said as she leaned against Inuyasha.
 
“Me neither.” Sango said shaking her head.
 
“We have.” Inuyasha and Miroku said with a shrug.
 
“All though we picked that fight.” Inuyasha said putting his arm around Kagome.
 
“You would.” Sango said as she fell back into a laying position. “Where did Kee run off to, by the way?”
 
“Dunno, he disappeared a while after I tore his arm off…” Inuyasha said holding Kagome closer to him.
 
“I guess we're heading in the right direction if he's sending things to slow us down, and joining them, unless that was a puppet.” Miroku said moving Sango into his lap.
 
“Where'd he get all those demon followers?” Sango asked no one unparticular.
 
“Dunno, but I sure hope that was all of his miny army.” Inuyasha said as he let go of Kagome and stood up. “Other wise I'm going to loose all faith in the demon race.”
 
“So where are we headed again?” Kagome asked as she watched Inuyasha stretch.
 
“A small village by the name of Sento.” Miroku said looking over at Kagome. “It should only be about a half a day's walk from here. Apparently a demon has taken over the village.”
 
“And no one could tell us anything but the fact that he was wearing all black.” Inuyasha said shaking his head.
 
“And it's the only lead we have, but god knows how many demons are running around in all black.” Sango said with a yawn.
 
“We'll leave tomorrow.” Miroku said with nod as he stood up with Sango in his arms, and walked over to a tree and then sat down and leaned back against it.
 
Inuyasha was about to object, but a large yawn from Kagome put a stop to it. “Tomorrow morning.” Inuyasha said as he picked up Kagome and walked over to another tree and sat down under it.
 
Inuyasha looked down at Kagome as she nuzzled her cheek up against his chest, and the yawned again. Maybe he should have just taken this journey on his own. Maybe he'd be done by now if he had. Then again, maybe he wouldn't be alive right now.
 
~A little more then a week into their quest~
 
“Inuyasha you shouldn't move!” Kagome whined as she pushed Inuyasha back down onto his back. “Please don't get up. You'll only hurt yourself more.”
 
“Kagome I'm fine.” Inuyasha said as he tried to get up. Ok so he wasn't fine, he hurt more then he would ever admit, but he wanted to kill Kee, and the only way was to stay on track and get him now while Kee was still hurt. It was his fault he was in this position, and he was a threat to his mate, and he would pay for every thing. “We just need to move.”
 
“No.” Kagome whined her ears back, as she held him down. “Miroku tell him, he can't move yet.”
 
“Inuyasha she's right.” Miroku said with a nod. “You're in no condition to fight right now. None of us are.”
 
“Inuyasha listen to you're mate.” Sango said as Kagome sat on his stomach carefully picking a spot that wasn't injured.
 
“Inuyasha stop trying to leave.” Kagome whined. “I won't let you.”
 
“Kagome get off me, so we can leave.” Inuyasha insisted.
 
“Inuyasha the only way you're going to leave is without me.” Kagome said as she tried to keep her tone even, and calm. “I won't follow after you.”
 
“You wouldn't make it. We haven't been mate's long enough for us to spend to much time from each other.” Inuyasha growled.
 
“Then I'd die!” Kagome cried as she got off him, and moved about a foot away from him. “It's your choice Inuyasha…”
 
Inuyasha made it so he was raised up a little on his elbows and looked at her. She was serious. She was covered more in his blood then her own, and she was crying. His mate, his Kagome was crying because she feared for his life. “I'll stay.” Inuyasha said as he laid back down.
 
Kagome smiled and moved back over to him. “Really?”
 
Inuyasha looked at her and nodded, “I won't go anywhere till I'm capable.”
 
~Present~
 
“With out her I probably would have killed myself from being stubborn.” Inuyasha thought as he ran his fingers through Kagome's hair.
 
“Inuyasha are you ok?” Kagome asked as she looked up at him.
 
“Yeah I'm ok why?” Inuyasha asked as he looked down at her.
 
“You looked so sad and serious.” Kagome said as she kissed his cheek. “What were you thinking about?”
 
“Nothing important.” Inuyasha said shaking his head. “We're ok now.”
 
“Ok…Goodnight Inuyasha.” Kagome said nodding her head as she laid against him, and fell asleep.
 
“Goodnight.” Inuyasha said kissing her forehead.