InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Past Best Forgotten....Future Most Looked For ❯ A Horrible Means to an End ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

She closed her eyes praying he would return to his normal self. As she aimed the arrow to end the monster's life, a tear fell to the ground. She opened her eyes again to see that he was after Sango and Miroku.

*I'm so sorry, she thought, *But it's the only way. I've tried everything else and if I don't do this then we will all die*

She felt the tension of the arrow release and watch in horror as it zoomed towards its mark. He fell to the ground in shock as his eyes turned amber once more. He couldn't believe his eyes as he saw it was Kagome who shot the arrow at him. He looked in front of him to see sheer terror in the monk and demon slayer's eyes. He looked down at his hands and saw they were covered with blood. He once again looked at the young woman who's belly was swollen with child.

"I'm sorry……..my..my love…", he said barely audible. His body went limp. He felt himself slip away from the world as everything turned black. He could barely hear Kagome screaming. He was praying that his wife and child be cared for.

"INUYASHA!!!!!", was all Kagome could say. She dropped her bow and arrow and fell to her knees as her companions came running to her aid. How could she kill her own husband?

Miroku walked over and took the jewel from the lifeless body. Sango knelt beside Kagome and embraced her as the small figure shook violently in her arms. Shippo walked toward Miroku with tears in his eyes. How could Inuyasha be dead?