InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Peasant Life ❯ The Plan, The Marrage, The Messups ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

*Chapter 1*

Kagome's POV

`Wow… I wish I were out there with all those people' I thought as I stood at my balcony. My name is Kagome Higurashi. Princess Higurashi. I want to see the world, but I'm always being kept away from it. Never allowed to step one foot outside of the Palace.

Authors POV

Kagome sat there by the balcony for a short will until she heard a knocking on her door.

"Ughhhh….Who is it now?" she asked

"Is that anyway to treat a friend?" said the voice out side the door.

After hearing that Kagome rushed to the door. She opened it behind it she found her one and only friend. Sango.

"Hi Kaggy What you been up to in this room?" Sango asked

"The usual" Kagome replied.

"Aha! I knew it you were trying to get a look from you balcony at the people in the market!" Sango exclaimed.

"I just want to know what it's like down there. Not being caged in a room all day! I know I sound whiney Sango…but I just want to know what it's like! Be free for even just one day!" Kagome said.

"Well what if I said we could do that?" Sango said. Giving one of her grins that usually means she's about to do something really really really stupid.

"What do you have in mind?" Kagome asked.

"Weeeeeeelllllllllll. I just asked a maid to bring up some regular kimonos, you know the kind that most of the peasants wear! We're gonna dress up like them and sneak out! It'll be great and well be back by the end of the day! It's as easy as that!" She said while walking around Kagome's room.

"I don't know Sango…Your plans don't usually work" Kagome said with a sigh.

"Awwwww….. Come on Kaggy! PLEASE!! It'll just be one day, and we'll be back by sundown! Do you want to stay trapped in here forever and ever!?!" Sango practically shouted.

"Um….. okay, but if we get caught we are going to be in sooo much trouble!" I said a little unsure about how this plan will work out.

"Chill Kaggy the maid should come in about..." Sango was interrupted by a knocking on the door.

"Milady the kimonos you ordered are here" The maid said from outside. Kagome went to the door to open it. The maid gave her the clothes, while Kagome thanked her.

"See we've got the clothes now all we have to do is climb the wall!" Said Sango happily.

Kagome's POV

"WERE GOING TO CLIMB THE WALL!?! DO YOU KNOW HOW HIGH IT IS?!?....." I screamed as Sango covered my mouth blocking out the rest of what I was going to say.

"Kaggy Don't worry I got……. a ladder!" Sango said as she uncovered my mouth.

"Ummm….. I'm still not too sure about this….but it's worth a try." I said feeling a little nervous.

"YAY! Okay we'll do it when ever you're ready. Oh ya! I just remembered your father wanted me to tell you to go to his office. At about um….. Hold on" Sango paused to look at her watch "He said go to his office like about 15 minutes ago. Um….. Oops I'll come back later when you're done talking to your father." She said as she ran out of my room.

`OH MY GOD' `I'm late again!' `Wait a minute…it's not my fault this time.' `oh well' I thought as I ran towards my fathers office.

Well….I'm here. Now what?

I knocked on the door waiting for something to happen. I waited for about a minute or two before I heard a gruff voice saying come in.

I walked in the room and saw my father, Lord of the Northern Lands, sitting at his desk that was a couple feet away.

"Please take a seat, dear." He said

"Okay" I responded as I walked over to the seat right across from his desk.

"It has come to my attention that you are now 15 and there for the ready age to be married." He stated as if it were a fact.

"There will be a Ball where all the valley princes from every where will be there you will have until then to chose a husband to rule over the kingdom." He said

"…." I was speechless. How could he just marry me off like that! I don't want to get married yet! Not now! I haven't even seen the outside world! How does he expect me to marry?

"The ball will take place next week on Thursday. During that time royal families will be visiting here to show off their sons. You will have until next Thursday." He stated.

"I don't want to marry!" I shouted "I haven't even seen the outside world!"

"That's something a princess of high standards to see, and you will marry by next Thursday. You are dismissed" He said with command hanging in his voice that meant conversation over.

I don't want to get married! I'm too young! I thought while running to my room. I ran into Sango, and we tumbled down the stairs.

"Wow! Kaggy I've never seen you run so fast!" Sango said.

"Were doing your plan tomorrow night, and were coming back on this Sunday. Hm…today is Wednesday. Yes we'll come back on this Sunday." I said in a rush

"Wow… I didn't think you would decide so easily" Sango said

"Come with me" I said as I started run walking into the garden. I hide behind the trees and becond Sango to come.

"I have to get ……………………… married" I said the last word as softly as I could.

"Now?!? Why? So you want to?" Sango asked

"I don't want to" I said as tears had been holding back ran down my cheeks.

"Come on Kaggy…. We'll be gone tomorrow night to get out and have fun don't worry." She said trying to comfort me.

"Okay" I said feeling a little better.

`Tomorrow I'll be free all I have to do it wait.'