InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Persistence ❯ Tutoring ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Me no own Inuyasha… if me did, me would have lots and lots more peoples mad because of my lack of updating. Sorry! The only person me owns is Eidan…

Chapter 4

"I'm going to kill her. Kagome will die. No more fights with guys, no more brain stimulating arguments, no more near death experiences. That girl's more trouble than she's worth. I swear she's gonna give me a fucking heart attack," Inuyasha ranted, talking to himself and walking down the street, avoiding stares and attempting to ignore the newest growth on his arm. All the while he heard Kagome's voice in his head, complimenting him on his widening vocabulary and newly found ability to string more than two sentences together. Rieko tugged on his arm and started chatting again.

"Inu-sama, where are we going? I want to go to… um… the carnival! There's a carnival in town! Let's go Inu-sama!"

Inuyasha continued to ignore her as he contemplated the one girl who always managed to make his life a living hell, and he couldn't even remember how they had become friends. He wasn't idiot enough to think he could beat his brother in a fight, but he also knew that Sesshoumaru wasn't good enough for her. It really sucked.

By this time Rieko had noticed that his concentration was not focused on her. She quickly released his arm, which was purple from loss of circulation, and proceeded to jump on his back. Inuyasha was jerked from his deep, meaningful thoughts as Rieko decided to kill the few brain cells he had clung to. Each word she said was punctuated by another blow in the head.

"Inu… sama… are… you… listening… to… me? … I… want… to… go… to… the… carnival!" All the while she ignored the sound of growling and gritting teeth. Before she could even grasp what was happening, Rieko landed on her ass, on the sidewalk, staring at Inuyasha's rapidly retreating back. It took another minute for her to collect her bearings before she was after him again.

"Inu-samaaa! Wait for me!" In the distance, Rieko could be seen leaping on Inuyasha's back, sending him face-first into concrete.

***

Sesshoumaru sighed as he read his book, trying his best to ignore the little girl who seemed fascinated by his room. She had been in his brother's room when they arrived home, soon abandoning that two scour his.

Her name was Rin (his parents had adopted her and a boy named Shippou), and she was mute. That did not, however, affect her boundless energy, insatiable curiosity, and eternal joy. She would sit behind him on his bed for a few minutes before hopping off and shifting through his things. After utterly destroying his room, as he continued to attempt to ignore her, she returned to her spot on the bed behind him. At least, that was how things went until Sesshou felt a tugging on his hair. Setting down his book, he fought the urge to growl.

"What… are you doing?" he gritted between clenched teeth, his voice maintaining the necessary monotone.

"Rin is braiding Fluffy-sama's hair!"

He growled, pulling his hair from the startled child's grasp and running his hands through silver strands to rid himself of the dreaded braids. He mentally kicked himself for letting her get that far. He usually paid extra-special attention to his surrounding to avoid surprises like that. Another minute passed before he kicked himself again.

"You spoke." Another kick. His voice betrayed him, as did his face as the surprise was evident in both. He knew there was some reason he dreaded moving to this place, and now he realized it. It was the women. They all had the unnatural ability to both vex and confuse him. He gave up. At least for that time he would allow his emotions free reign. "Wait… Fluffy-sama? Where'd you get that from?"

"Dogbreath," she answered, giggling and pouting all at once. "Rin doesn't like Dogbreath. He's not very nice, so Rin only talks to Fluffy-sama." Well, at least she had good taste, but that talking in third person thing was really going to wear on his nerves.

"When you talk about yourself say I, not Rin. And how is it going to work when you go to school? They're going to expect you to talk sometime." The girl laughed and shook her head.

"Ri- I's not going to school. They said it would be too hard for I 'cuz I's a… a… ummm… a mute!" He shook his head, returning to his book and allowing his new sister to continue her task of braiding his unbelievably long hair.

"This is going to be harder than I thought," he sighed.

***

"Miroku," Sango gritted, hands clenching as she walked. "What in seven hells do you think you're doing?" Miroku smirked, thanking whatever was up there for not having her turn around and catch him staring at her ass.

"Not a thing, my dear Sango. I merely figured I would be a gentleman and walk you home." Kohaku stared between the two nervously as his sister's eye had begun to twitch and Miroku's hand was drawing ever closer to her bottom.

"Yes, well, you'll keep your hands to yourself if you know what's good for you." She slipped her backpack off and was getting a good grip on it.

"My dear Sango, I'm appalled that you think so lowly of me," he said, attempting to force a hurt voice from a smiling face. "I'll have you know I plan on becoming a monk!" Sango snorted.

"Forgive me, houshi-sama, if I can't imagine you swearing off women for life." Miroku laughed, his hand drawing ever closer to her.

"Who ever said anything about celibacy? I merely said I wanted to be a monk." He made contact, Sango twitched, and the next thing anyone knew she was walking away, back turned on an unconscious Miroku. Kohaku knelt by the teen, poking him, then turned to his sister, who had come back to get him, before giving his diagnostic.

"I think you killed him."

***

"Ack! I'm never going to get this!" Kagome screamed, trying to work out her current math problem. It wasn't that she was a horrible math student, it was that… well, I guess it was because she was a horrible math student. "Wait! If this equals this, divided by three, minus this and this then… I'm still lost!"

"Kagome! Souta! We're home!" Her mother's voice called from the doorway. She and Jii-chan had been out all day, visiting some relatives. Glad to escape from her work, she stood, stretching her legs. "Kagome? Is Shippou here?" Kagome knitted her eyebrows, making her way down the stairs.

"Yeah. How did you…" In an instant Kagome's glee vanished as she stood into the room and noted their guest, "know? Mom what is he doing here?" Her mom waved her off as she went about her way, pausing a moment to study her daughter.

"You're doing math, aren't you?"

"Mom-"

"Kagome…"

"Fine, yes, I'm doing math, now what is he doing here?" Kagome sighed, preparing for the argument that was on its way.

"He's here to pick up Shippou. Kagome, I know you're having trouble, I can tell. Why won't you get a tutor? It would make it so much easier."

"Mom, seriously, it's not that bad. It's not like I'm failing or anything. I'll get by, I don't need a tutor…"

Rin giggled in his ear, looking over his shoulder at the verbal war that waged.

"Does Fluffy-sama know the lady? Ri- I thinks she's pretty. Does Fluffy-sama think so to?" she whispered excitedly as he tried to ignore the tingling that came from her blowing in his ear.

"Her name is Kagome, and yes, I do think so too."

"Pretty lady's funny. Does Fluffy-sama think so? Her face is all red. Is it supposed to be that way? What are they fighting about?" Straining his patience, he started to answer her, but was interrupted by a few strips of paper plastered on his face and shoulders, followed by a cry of "Demon begone!"

"Jii-chan!" the women cried, exasperated. Kagome's mother went and pulled the old man away, shoving him in the direction of the kitchen as Kagome pulled the ofuda off Sesshoumaru, apologizing quietly and thinking to herself, 'Is he wearing breads?'. The slight distraction, however, did not keep the pair from continuing their argument. They went on as if nothing happened.

"Kagome. It's not like I'm asking you to go into some stranger's house and pay them a hundred a week to tutor you. You could ask a classmate, a friend. Sango, maybe."

"Mom, that isn't the point. I don't want a tutor. I don't need a tutor, and I don't think I should burden anyone else with teaching me when I could pass on my own." Her mother's eyes softened slightly and she smiled before continuing.

"Maybe you can pass, but knowing you you'll keep beating yourself up over it until you get a top grade. Ask people, I'm sure there's at least one person who wouldn't consider you a burden." It seemed that that was the moment in which Sesshoumaru's presence was truly acknowledged, and then the question was asked.

"Would you be her tutor?"

***

She sighed, picking herself up from her long time position on her bed, going to answer the door. Truthfully, she should have been on her way to pick up her sister, Kaede, from her friend's house. It had been nearly a year since she had been home and she had no doubt that Kaede would be static when she suddenly appeared to pick her up.

"Yes?" she asked, opening the door, only to stop in shock as she saw who it was. "What are you doing here? Hurry, hurry, get inside!" she whispered, pulling the girls inside and locking the door. "What do you think you're doing? How'd you get away? What if he finds you here?" She sighed , letting herself calm down as she kneeled to hug the younger of the two as the older laughed.

"Nice to see you too, Kikyo," Kagura smiled.

***

"I now call this meeting into order… We must think of better ways to serve Ilparazzo-sama while still worshipping Fluffy-sama. Any ideas?" Eidan asked.

"No… but I have a question," Jen stated, standing up. "Who put you in charge?"

"Yeah!" the other girls chorused.

"You know, I was just asking myself the same question. Whoever it was has probably already jumped from the school roof or they're in an extra-padded room… hmmm… I miss that place." The room was filled with miscellaneous shouts and overall insanity before a cough interrupted them.

"Yes, Seline?" Eidan asked as all attention was turned to a girl in the back, holding some random object as she cleared her throat again and stared at then through shaded, mysterious eyes. She was concentrating so hard that she never once blinked, squeezing the object as tightly as possible, and they could tell it was something serious, important. Something that could change everything…

"The raccoons are coming."

*************************************************************** *********

Sesshiria: Ooookay. So I finally finished chapter four after losing it twice and rewriting it from memory once… and I really shouldn't be updating yet, but I feel I owe it to you. I have started chapter five, but it's probably going to be a while till I post it, sorry. If you want to yell at someone yell at Sesshoumaru, he's my muse after all.

I'll update as soon as possible if anyone can tell me what Inu Nabe means and where it's from.

Fluffy: I did not like this chapter… You don't portray me well at all. I would not lower myself to allow my hair to be braided.

Sesshiria: not even for Rin? I think Fluffy's in denial… besides, you're my muse, if you did some work you wouldn't have turned out that way. Okiday, till next time folks. Ja