InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Please don't ring! ❯ Pt. 1 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I like to say thanxs 2 those who left reviews. I'm glad to know that I'm not so bad at writing. It took awhile to figure what Inuyasha's future job would be, and I finally decided on fireman cause if this one episode I saw that I can't remember the name.
 
Chapter 4
Inuyasha's Outburst Pt. 1
 
Downtown, a cloud of black smoke spiraled towards the mid day sky. People pointed and stared at the spectacle of hells flames close to engulfing an apartment complex. They gave off the presence of burning death as the sounds of the crackling element, and wood cracked under the pressure. Residents could be still seen rushing out of the buildings trying to escape the fire.
 
Policeman secured the area off to a safe distance, and citizens gathered to see it all. Fireman, dressed in proper attire, hosed down the building trying to keep the fire from expanding to others buildings. The pressure off the sandy water came out in bucketfuls spewing out onto the complex.
 
Ambulances were scattered among the secured area, and paramedics were scurrying back and forth helping those who only needed some oxygen after breathing in the fumes, or needed serious medical attention from unfortunate burns, or fallen debris.
 
“So what was the cause?” a police officer shouted over the noise.
 
The second police officer strained to hear, but heard it, and answered back, “A freak outlet accident! Someone's outlet caused a shortage; sparks fell on the carpet, and spread to the drapes, and so on!”
 
People were still gathering around the safety zone seeing this all. Once in a blue moon do you ever get to see an actual building fire, and this was there blue moon. While others would talk about it being on the news, they can personally say the say it live, and up close. Just like a huge concert.
 
“Cut the water off!” a muffled voice commanded. Chief Jido came over, taking his mask off as the man in charge of water supply cut off the main valve. He was bald, with a brown burly mustache and a bulldog face.
 
“There's nothing more we can do. The buildings foundation is crumbling, and the fire is spreading.” He shouted over the noise.” We have to evacuate the other buildings, and try to stop the fire from spreading after that.
 
The one holding the hose took off his gas mask, and helmet revealing long black hair, and stone grey eyes. Of course this is Inuyasha, but in human form due to a spellbinding ring hiding his true appearance.
 
“Dammit!” he exclaimed in anger over the situation. He dropped the helmet, causing the eye protection shield to crack. He threw the hose away making the metal corklike top clanged on the wet cement.
 
“Is everyone outta there?” he asked feigning exhaustion from controlling the powerful hose. Even though his appearance was altered, his demonic strength was in slight affect during the time he has the ring on.
 
“Yeah, we think so” he answered from his actual exhaustion of going in and out of the burning building getting people out.
 
“Chief we have a problem” a panicked paramedic panted after running up to them.
 
“Damn!” he exclaimed in disappointment. `Spoke too soon' Inuyasha mused to himself.
 
“What is it?” the chief asked gruffly. Inuyasha knew something was up from smell of the young man's fear. To be honest, all of his senses were somewhat in affect.
 
“A… lady… back in the… ambulance said-“he huffed out trying to catch his breath, and from all the excitement. “Is screaming… about… her son… on the third floor. He's still in there sir” his last sentence where he his breath returned to normal.
 
There was proof from the shouts Inuyasha could hear a woman screams from an ambulance truck over all the noise of the crowd jabbering about the spectacle, and the sirens of the fire engines, police cars, and ambulances.
 
He also trained his ear to the inside of the building, and they received a child's' scream of fear. He winced, covering his ears at the sound of the windows on the third floor busted from the heat and pressure. Glass sailed down, and they took cover by using there armor sleeves to cover their faces and necks.
 
Inuyasha received a small slice of glass on the cheek, but that would heal. He peered back up seeing more flames spewing out
 
The audience also back away protecting themselves from the shattered glass even though they were somewhat at a safe distance. Some had fallen since the eruption shook the ground furiously.
 
Inuyasha went running straight to the engine he rode on the way here, shoving and dodging through people. When he got there, he opened a special box he had hidden, and lifted the top reaching inside until he felt what he was looking for.
 
`Like old times' he reminisced.
 
The chief meanwhile, placed only his helmet on, using a free hand to hold up the mask to filter the fumes.
 
He was denied entry when a part of the framework collapsed in. Fire erupted out followed by thick smoke. The crowd, and rescue teams all gasped from the sudden eruption. The sighed relief seeing the chief coming back gasping for air. Paramedics rushed over with an oxygen tank giving the Chief air.
 
After taking a few breaths, he coughed out “The whole place is going down! There's nothing more we can do!”
 
“Like hell” a voice mocked as it went straight into the flames, with some sort of folded red cloth under his arm. After picking up the cracked helmet, it disappeared into the flames, only becoming a fading shadow in the fires smoke.
 
The Chief knew exactly who it was,”Inuyasha, you crazy BASTARD!” he cursed, only causing him to have a slight coughing fit.
 
Once inside, he placed the helmet on his head to protect it from fallen debris, and so that his head wouldn't catch fire.
 
The heat of the flames was unbearable, but he wasn't affected by it. The smell of sulfur, and gas made his nose crinkle, but he pushed passed the nausea to finish his goal.
 
There was smoke everywhere, and the walls were crumbled so that you could see the framing. Charred wood still sizzled, and furniture was deteriorated. He climbed over and under fallen beams keeping a tight firm hand on the cloth. He saw the stairs, and stumbled along the way of getting there.
 
As he stepped over the last beam getting to the stairs, the floor gave under his weight falling to the basement. As he fell, he caught himself in a crouching position.
 
`No one's around' he scolded himself. He took of the cloaking ring and his hair immediately grew longer, and shimmered into silver. His ears popped up through the tangled mess.
 
He crouched down, and propelled himself from the basement, hitting the stair wall, and landing at the top staircase. Afterwards, more of the floor collapsed inward.
 
“That would've sucked” he state after walking off afterwards going up the stairs.
 
As he got to the third staircase, more burning beams were blocking his path.
 
`These are just annoying' he growled cracking his knuckles.
 
He used his `Iron Reaver Soul Stealer' attack to clear the beams away. He up the steps, and was meet with flames everywhere.
 
`No way is the kid surviving this!' he thought covering his face up.
 
He was about to head back down, but then heard a scream. This got his attention, and his ears began swiveling trying to pick it up again. This was the time to use the cloth he brought with him.
 
Letting it fall by only holding one part of the sheet, it unfolded into a horai. It was the cloth of the firerat, and now it was going to serve its purpose. He waved it back and forth letting it land on burning sections of the third floor, and smothering it. His attention was truly focused on hearing the kid again.
 
A small shriek reached his ears from the room right next to him. There was another squeak, and a heart beat that was fading.
 
Being impulsive, he punch through the wall, and pulled it down.
 
There was a small boy that was covered with a woven blanket, and seemed top be passed out. He kneeled down, ripped off the blanket, and wrapped the boy up showing his face. `I've gotta get you out of here!' he thought in fear of the boy dying.
 
He looked around seeing there was now no way out of the place. He backed away towards the busted window with only shards sticking out. An idea formed that he could flag the guys outside the window.
 
He didn't notice the boy open his eyes seeing Inuyasha's true form, and fainted from the sight. Long silver hair, dog ears sitting on top of his head, claws that were charred from the flames but were glistening sharp. But as the mystery man turned around, he caught a glimpse of his eyes being as gold as some of the flames. Even though he looked frightening, he had a funny feeling he was going to be fine by seeing into his eyes.
 
Inuyasha put the ring back on to hide his appearance, and rushed over to the window. Outside he saw the smaller version of everybody, and screamed to get someone's attention. A police officer caught the noise, and looked up to see Inuyasha waving his arms.
 
He jogged over to the firefighters, and as they saw him they asked,” What's wrong?” seeing the officers' expression.
 
“There's a fire fighter up there!” he exclaimed.
 
They all looked up seeing Inuyasha popping in and out of the third floor window trying to say something but were blocked out by the sounds of the entire event.
 
“Hey you're right!” one with a beard concluded,”We need a ladder over here pronto!” he ordered.
 
Inuyasha checked on the kid seeing if he was still conscious, and luckily he was still breathing. He was about to go back through the window to signal more, but saw another firefighters flashlight.
 
“You okay Inuyasha?” a females voice asked.
 
“Yeah-“he answered back blocking the light from the flashlight”-I found the kid, and he needs to see the paramedics”
 
“Great job!” she exclaimed”Hand him over so we can get you both out of here”
 
He nodded his head in agreement. He picked up the bundled kid, and handed him over to the fellow fire fighter being careful not to get him cut on the glass fragments standing at were it was once attached.
 
As he handed him over, the building finally started shaking uncontrollably. It was finally going to collapse after all of the damage it's faced in an hour.
 
“GET THAT ASS MOVING!” he shouted making her climb down the ladder at a rapid speed struggling with the kid in one of her arms.
 
Outside, people were screaming in fear that they wouldn't make it. The complex went down with a thundering boom, and everything rumbled from the impact. Ash billowed out venting towards the surrounding area making everyone's vision blurry. A flurry of coughs escaped everyone's mouths, and all was silent
 
Everybody started whispering about what happened. And just as soon as it got quiet, there was a slow applaud as they saw the two firefighters, and child walking out of the dust. Now it was a full applaud filled with whoops of glee, and excitement.
 
“You're a hero today.” The woman named Ai congratulated. She handed the boy top the paramedics that had the mother of the child. She was crying hysterically, and cradling him. He heard her thank the Gods over, and over again.
 
“Now about what you said about my ass” she questioned in annoyance.
 
As they had reached his assigned fire engine, he slammed his head on the slightly heated steel. He was in for it from the fiery red head.