InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Please don't ring! ❯ You called my husband before Me? ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The next three chapters will be the parent's reactions. I tried to do them all in the same chapter, but that was taking to long. The next one will be of Inuyasha's; after watching this one episode of the anime, I think he could be the perfect fireman. Tell me otherwise of other jobs he could do.
Disclaimer: Copyright@ Rumiko Takahashi
 
Chapter 3
Kagome's Reaction
 
Earlier on before the parents were zooming towards the school they were busy with there jobs.
 
Kagome worked at the `Kooma' restaurant going about, back and forth between orders. Since it was only mid day, the restaurant capacity was pretty mellow. She was in a pretty good mood. Not a lot of cooking done except for a few sushi orders, and noodles.
 
Her ebony bangs slightly stuck to her forehead, and she took out a rag to clean her brow. Bending down towards the seasonings, and fish entrails she rummaged around for a handkerchief to keep her hair back. It was a little heated in the restaurant, and she opened up her chef's outfit to vent a bit.
 
A shy, young male employee was struggling with a box of Soy, and teriyaki sauce. Seeing this she walked over, helping him with carrying it.
 
“Here let me help take a load off” she said grabbing the top two boxes.
 
“Oh thank you Mrs. Youkai!” he exclaimed with relieved gratitude. He accidentally looked down seeing her open chef outfit, blushing seeing a part of her cleavage.
 
“Where do you want them taken to?” she said coyly knowing full well what the blush was about.
 
He turned quickly around, and stuttered,” Only b-by the c-co-counter!”
 
“All right.” She walked over dropping the boxes, and turned back around,” And relax! It was an accident.” She explained.
 
This time his whole face turned red with embarrassment.
 
`Boys these days!' she thought.
 
Smooth atmospheric music played over the speakers set up in each corner of the restaurant. It was only making her tired. But then she noticed it changed from Enka to beeps, and chirps.
 
Someone's cell phone was ringing loudly.
 
At first she wondered whose phone was ringing. She looked around the restaurant seeing who took out there cell phone, but then it ringed with vibration in her pocket. 'Duh!' she thought about her slight delayed reaction.
 
She wiped her hands off her cleaning rag before she reached in for her Nokia. Nothing worse than a greasy phone! She had a thing for phones that light up as they rang so the slightly dark restaurant, due to all the wood paneling, reflected the changing greens, blues, reds, and whites of her phone pad.
 
Looking at the caller ID, it was a school number, `Oh no!' she thought in disdain. `This can not be good!'
 
Picking up the phone during a seventh ring, she slowly brought it up to her phone, and asked,” Hello? “In a quiet, faking cheer voice.
 
“Hello Mrs. Youkai?” the man on the other line static voice asked.
 
“Yes who is this?” a little worried this wasn't a school persons.
 
“This is Dean Tarawa…from your daughter's school?” he asked seeing if she remembered him from open house. Who couldn't forget that day!
 
“Oh! I remember you. Are you still made about…that?” she asked nervously tapping on the grill with her nails.
 
“No, that's in the past!” he said wryly `And I will forever have an emotional scar!'
 
`You're so lying!' she accused in her mind. “Is something wrong?” she asked trying to keep the conversation light.
 
“Well I came to call on account of what your daughter and her companions did this afternoon.” He said in a slightly upset tone.
 
`Why can't you just say they broke the rules like all other Deans?' she bluntly stated in her mind. She started to rub her temple wondering what they did this time.
 
“What did they do that was so horrible?” she asked not wanting to really know what they did.
 
“Your daughter jumped off the school roof.” He said. He waited for an answer, and as it came he had the receiver a foot away from his ear.
 
“WHAT?!” she screamed causing all the other workers, and customers look up at the sudden shriek. Some employees in the back storage room peered out from behind the open door.
 
Also, it was strange that the atmospheric cut off at that instant to leaving only the sounds of a concerned woman screaming into a cell phone.
 
Realizing what he said, he panicked. “I'm sorry, that's not what I meant to say!” Now he could bring the phone closer to his ear, but still a few inches away since she was still shouting.
 
“Then what did you mean to say?” she asked angered by his mistake. “From what you said, it seemed like you said my daughter committed suicide!” she screamed much louder causing even more stares. With her situation, she didn't really notice all of the pairs of eyeballs glued to her.
 
“No, ma'am! Um…I meant to say that she bungee lumped off the school roof.” Hesitating wondering if what he said wouldn't cause another ear splitting shriek.
 
“Oh well that's okay then…wait, WHAT?!” she screamed at what he said this time.
 
His phone was once again an arms length cringing at Kagome's screams.
 
After she was done with her rant about the situation, there was silence, and he cleared his throat to add more information. As he brought the phone to his ear, he stated calmly, “She proceeded in jumping off the school roof by bungee chord, while her other friends videotaped he stunt. Also the boy, Masaru I believe stole my megaphone I use on special events from my office.”
 
“Really now?” she asked her face in showing irritation of the Dean's attempts at telling her this news. Also, she shifted her weight back and forth on her legs
 
“I've already got in contact with your husband, and-“
 
“Hold on! You contacted my husband before you contacted me?” she asked in pure fear of what the Dean just did
 
He noticed the hint of worry in her voice, and answered “Yes?” sounding more like a question,” Is there a problem?”, he asked.
 
“I'll be there as soon as I can!” she assured getting prepped up for a sprint towards her car. She ended the call on the cell phone
 
`Strange-`
 
“Hey! Kagome why are you leaving? You're not leaving early are you?”
 
“Yes I know I'm Sorry! But I really need to get to my daughters school before my husband does!” she rushed throwing her bag in
 
“Why?” she asked in confusion grabbing Kagome's chef's jacket, and hat.
 
“He's going to kill her” she stated not wording her words correctly. “Watch out for the restaurant for me while I'm gone. She drove out of the parking lot leaving a very stunned Mimiko.
 
She drove through traffic, crossing paths trying to make it before each streetlight turned red. But luck was not on her side, and she was caught at a four lane intersection, and she was stopped by the beaming red of the red. She felt it mocking her about her.
 
“Come on pick up!” she murmured gripping and re-gripping her hands on the steering wheel. As the sounds of dial tones beeped for every number punched in, she bobbed up and down in he drivers seat.
 
After the tones dialed, the disconnection line blared in her ear followed by a monotonous, woman's electronic voice, and “We're sorry! The number you have reached has been temporarily disconnect-“
 
She hung up the phone with not such surprise about getting the disconnection tone.' He crushed the phone.' The light changed green, and she sped off passing block after block until she saw the sign showing visitors parking lot for Sengoku-Jeidi High School.
 
As she parked her car, and got out she noticed her husband's car parked a few spaces down. Tire marks trailed from his wheels still smoking from the tread. As she closed the door, “Oh this is NOT good!”