InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Punishment ❯ Punishment ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

This is my second fic and again a song fic…. I can't believe it. But these songs just uh well sang to me so enjoy
 
 
 
By the way I in no way own inuyasha or shedaisy….really if I did would I be writing fanfiction?
 
 
 
Punishment
 
 
 
 
Kagome dragged the over stuffed back pack through the well house door. Sighing she thinks back to the fight that happened just two days ago. He had run off again when kikyo's soul stealers came floating around, of course this was no new surprise to kagome. No she knew he was going to go but what really hurt was the fact that he just dumped her off of his back as soon as he had seen it and took off with out looking back. He had cast her off as a child would discard a favorite toy when a new one came along. She knew that she was in love with the hanyou, no matter how he felt about her. A small tear slid down her cheek as she jumped into the well, he would be surprised that she was back a day sooner than expected after a fight but she had finally just given up. Climbing out of the well and stepping into the sun of the feudal era, kagome started down the path to Kaede's hut. The scene was almost picture perfect to her Sango was playing with Kiara, unaware of miroku's wandering hand drifting ever closer to her. Inuyasha pouting in the tree with shippo standing at the bottom yelling at him to bring back kagome. “Shippo” she called causing the kit to stop his nagging of the poor hanyou in the tree. Running at top speed he jumped into her arms, smiling she set down her back pack and handed the kit a sucker. “Inuyasha, I'm back.” She called unsure “feh” was the only reply, in fact he wouldn't even look at her, she sighed and set shippo down why did she deserve this type of punishment. They day flew by since they had been expecting her back so soon no one was ready to travel much to inuyasha displeasure. Night had fallen and kagome decided to sleep out side on such a warm night, she also just wanted an excuse to stay near inuyasha even though he still had yet to talk to her. Settling underneath inuyasha's tree she climbed into her sleeping and pulled out a note book and a flash light. Glancing down at the dark haired girl below him, inuyasha let a small smile grace his lips but just for a second. He had realized weeks ago that he no longer was in love with that walking clay pot but in truth deeply in love with the future beauty. `but she could never love me' rolling his eyes as she turned on the light and began writing. Suddenly her scent began to change the more she wrote in that notebook she smell depressed “wench, what are you doing?” not bothering to look up at him she replied “I have music homework”. “keh, your writing music” “yes inuyasha we have to write a song about how we feel about some one close to us.” His ears perked up at this jumping down form the tree he crouched next to her “who are you writing about?” he needed to know so he could pummel them for making his kagome sad “none of you business” she still wouldn't look at him “keh” jumping back in to the tree he decided to wait until she was asleep to read the book and find out what was upsetting her. Not long after she turned off the light and tucked the notebook under her pillow and fell into a deep sleep. Inuyasha jumped down as silently as possible listening to her breathing as it became deeper and more even. Belly crawling to her, he slowly slid his hand under her and carefully slid the notebook out. Grabbing the flash light he made his escape back up into the tree and settled down for a good read.
 
 
 
Music class period 2
Kagome Higurashi
 
I have chosen to write my song about my hero, who I love but will never love me back. He is my best friend and protects me not matter what the cost, and even though he gets jealous over any guys that talk to me, I know that he will never be mine. I do know though that this must be my punishment for my past life, because I believe that my past life was not a pleasant woman. So I will take my punishment and let the man I love, be with the woman he loves, no matter what it means for me.
 
Punishment
I thought that this was supposed to feel good
And if you were really mine
I guess it would
I didn't fall in love
'Cause it was the right thing to do
I just went ahead and fell for you
Oh, somewhere down along the line
I guess that love became a crime
This contradiction makes no sense
This is punishment
I feel like this is judgement day
I'll raise my hand, stand up and say
I don't believe I'm innocent
This is punishment
Truth is your heart was never mine to take
Now I'm stuck in a feeling
That I'll never shake
I prayed for it to go
God knows I want it to stay
But here I am loving you either way
Oh, somewhere down along the line
I guess that love became a crime
This contradiction makes no sense
This is punishment
I feel like this is judgement day I'll raise my hand, stand up and say
I don't believe I'm innocent
This is punishment
You'll never feel all the things I can't say
And I'll never know if it's better this way
Oh, somewhere down along the line
I guess that love became a crime
This contradiction makes no sense
This is punishment
I feel like this is judgement day
I'll raise my hand, stand up and say
I don't believe I'm innocent
This is punishment
Oh, somewhere down along the line
I guess that love became a crime
(This is punishment)
I feel like this is judgement day
I'll raise my hand, stand up and say
(This is punishment)
This is punishment
This is punishment.
His eyes were the size of saucers, as he came to the conclusion that she wrote about him, he was almost positive. Did she really think that she was being punished for what kikyo had done because she didn't think he was in love with her. He jumped back down and pulled kagome into his lap. Brushing some hair out of her face, he smiled just before kissing her on the lips. Watching as her eyes fluttered open slowly revealing the confused depths when she realized the position she was in. “inuya…” was all she could say before he kissed her again this time she responded softly. Pulling back he stared into he eyes , “Kagome, you are innocent, and you don't deserve punishment.” She looked at him then noticed her notebook laying open on the ground next to him. “You saw the song, you weren't suppose to see that. What about kikyo? Inuyasha you love her not me.” “Kagome I don't love her any more, I left to tell her that I could not go to hell with her. Because I love you, only you, and no one else, Kagome will you be my mate.” Her eyes widened “Your mate?” his ears began to droop “ You don't have to, I mean if you don't want to, Inu yokai mate for life. Before you ask no I never mated with kikyo, I wanted to at firist but realized that it was not something that was meant to be. At first I thought that it was because I was a hanyou, that it was Punishment for being who I was but now I know it was because I was waiting for you even if I didn't know it until recently.” She was stunned by his speech but smiled at him reaching up to gently scratch one of his ears she nodded “I would love to be your mate.” Wrapping her arms around his neck she kissed him, her touch full of passion and love. Suddenly clapping and whistling started blushing they looked to see their friends smiling at them. Little shippo not knowing quite what was going on groaned from his spot next to kirara “Go to sleep, it is to late for you guys to be making noise.” Laughing sango and miroku when back to bed (on opposite side of the fire much to Miroku's displeasure. Holding tightly onto his new mate inuyasha jumped up into the tree and snuggled her into his arms. Sighing she kissed him one last time and fell into a deep sleep, just before nodding off himself inuyasha kissed her softly on the forehead and whispered “no more punishment for either one of us mate.”