InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Raiden no Ai ❯ Heartless Bastard ( Chapter 15 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Here is chapter 15 and I'm still not finished!! The action has been delayed for a little explanation scene.

Japanese Dictionary

Ie-No

Doushita no-What's wrong? What's the matter? What is it?

Ronin-A young, master less samurai who holds to ties to a feudal lord.

Chapter 15-Heartless Bastard

 

Akina was happy that Hiten was willing to listen to her at least for a minuet. She put her hand on his shoulder.

"I don't want to be nosey or anything, but could you answer a question for me?" She asked.

"What question?" Hiten asked, knowing that she didn't understand a thing that went on in the room between he, Manten and Kagome.

"What is a "Shikon Shard?" She asked. "You sure talk about them a lot."

Hiten seemed to freeze in position. His eyes widened and he tensed up. He hadn't been telling her why he was destroying villages. He remained silent for a few minuets as Akina waited for her answer.

Hiten finally let out a sigh.

"Do you not want to talk about it?" She asked. "Is it something bad?"

"Ie."

" The Shikon no Tama is a powerful jewel of four souls. Once all of the shards are obtained, one can acquire anything they desire." He informed.

"What do you desire?" Akina asked, curious of what Hiten had to say.

" To become the strongest and topple all who stand in my way." Hiten told her.

" Your mind may desire strength, but I feel your heart desires something more."

"Nani?"

" I think that you desire company, love, understanding..."

"I don't desire your pity." Hiten huffed.

"Love isn't pity." Akina told him. " Love is something everyone needs. Love is to feel appreciated, to feel excepted, to feel...More then just a killer.."

Hiten's face softened as he looked at Akina. Akina put her hand on Hiten's gently.

"I know you have it somewhere. You spared Manten's life a while ago, and you said you wanted to protect me. Is that because I'm more then just an indicator?" She asked.

" You've always been more then that, Akina. I was just to stubborn to believe it." Hiten looked out at the stormy. black sky. " Truly beautiful..."

"Hai.." Akina smiled.

"I thought you liked sunny weather." Hiten turned to her.

"Storms are nice too, so calming and the rain can wash away one's sadness and purifies one's soul." She said.

Hiten looked surprised. He had never thought of it that way before.

"I guess.." He turned his head back to the storm.

Hiten arose from the wall and walked back inside. Akina followed. He stopped under the shojo door and turned slightly and looked at Akina out of the corner of his eye. He stopped for a moment and turned completely around.

"I have something to admit." Hiten told her.

"Yes?" Akina asked.

Hiten just stared at her with a saddened face for a while.

"Doushita no?" Akina asked.

Hiten walked up to her a bit and let out a saddened sigh and whisper.

"Onegai...Comfort me..."

"Nani?" That was all she could say as Hiten's strong arms wrapped around her.

"Oh Hiten." She hugged him tightly. She could feel his trembling form him her hands, beneath the mass amount of armor and clothing. Hiten grasp the back of her kimono firmly. After a while she could feel a small wet spot on her kimono. It was Hiten.

Hiten?

Hiten was...

Crying...

"Hiten...What's wrong?" Akina asked, stroking the back of Hiten's head.

Hiten released the grip on his hug and looked at Akina for a minuet, and turned his head quickly in shame. He didn't want Akina to see him reduced to a small crying boy who longed for an answer.

"Don't feel ashamed. Everyone cries." She said comfortingly.

"You don't understand." Hiten said, refusing to look at Akina, his eyes hide behind the tuft of bangs that befell his head. A single tear ran down his cheek. Akina reached up and gently wiped it away. Hiten's eye twitched at the contact. He turned his head slightly around as Akina began to wipe his tears.

"Am I....heartless?" he asked in a small voice.

"Of course not. Why?" She caressed his wet, hot face with her gentle hand.

"I've been told that...more then once..." Hiten told her. "I assume it must be true."

The memories flew back to Hiten's mind as he explained his story.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*

The village was burning, and there seemed to be no one alive as the flames raged throughout, engulfing all that lay in their path. Hiten and Manten stood on a cliff above, looking down on the village. They had been very pleased with themselves, acquiring yet another piece of the Shikon Jewel. They were another step towards gaining power.

The dark woods of feudal Japan lay behind them, completely untouched by the flames and rage of the Raijuu Brothers.

A man lay in the deep forest, holding his wounds. The man had crawled away to the cliff and into the woods, wanting nothing more then to die in peace after being wounded by the Raijuu Brothers' attack on the village.

He caught glimpse of them as they stood upon the cliff. He drug his bleeding, weary body towards the two. Hiten turned around when he felt a firm grip on his ankle.

He saw a man there, he seemed to be a young ronin. He looked at Hiten, with those cold earth colored eyes.

"You.." His bitter, cold, unmoving voice came out.

Hiten stared down at him and said nothing. He held the grip on his Rageki-jin tightly.

"You heartless bastard. How could you kill so many and feel no remorse?" He asked, seeming to choke on his own blood.

Hiten's eyes widened.

**Heartless?....I'm...heartless? ** He thought to himself.

Manten gazed at the man as he coughed up yet more blood. Hiten was still thinking to himself.

"Why don't you kill me, like you've killed my family!" His grip tightened on Hiten's ankle.

This seemed to snap the young youkai out of his thought process for a moment.

**Heartless?**

"How dare you?" The blade of the Raigeki-jin flew down, protruding through the man's head. Blood, spilling out of his ears and mouth as his body succumb to death. His hand let go of Hiten's ankle, as he lay there.

Manten kicked the man to the side. "Worthless human." He spat. "Come on An-chan."

"Manten..." The lizard heard. " Are we......heartless?"

"Don't be silly An-chan." Manten replied. "Don't listen to that filth. He has no idea of what he's talking about."

Manten gave a smile to the still confused Hiten.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *

"That's not true Hiten.." Akina told him, as she held his hand tightly and sunk into his body. She kissed his lips. She longed to make him feel as if he belonged.

Hiten seemed so sad. He thought he was heartless. Perhaps all of those years of being told such a lie had turned him into a cold snake, opposed to the warm caring person she now saw. He was more then a murderous youkai, now he was a sad, lonely person who longed to be loved.

She held him in her arms there.

" You don't have to be afraid. I'll always love you, my Raijuu youkai. "

Hiten's face seemed to light up as Akina wiped away his tears. Hiten let out a whisper, calling her name. Akina kissed him again, assuring him of her love. Hiten kissed back this time. He had longed for companionship and love. He had gained that in the young maiden.

Akina comforted the youth, wiping his tears and trying to settle the soul of the youkai. She stroked his raven hair and provided the love he so needed. The fact that he had killed Aida did not scare her in the least bit. She was certain of the fact that he would not hurt her in any way.

He had more pain then she did after all. Sure, she had endured pain from heartache, but to lead the life of a killer, Hiten thought, was to lead a life alone.

"Ai shiteru.."

"Forever and always...."

"Always?"

"Forever.."

"Even if I am heartless..."

"Even if you had no feeling and shed no tears. Even if you hated me and devoured me as you do all of the other maidens."

"..."

"Hm?"

"I would never..."

"Hiten."

"Akina..."

The two of them stood there, not seeming to care who watched them. Hiten seemed vulnerable now, he had finally opened up to her. He wasn't Hiten the killer, the malicious heartless bastard. He was Hiten, Hiten the lonely, sad youkai who only wanted love. Hiten the hot headed youkai who hides his true feelings behind a mask of anger and seeming unmovable feelings.

 

 

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

 

 

 

Tadaa! Chapter 15 is complete. Back to the action in chapter 16! Do you think Hiten's love is true? If so then R&R and tell me so!! Oh yeah, forgot to apologize for not putting what An-chan meant until chapter 14. I'm such a baka sometimes. ^^; Well R&R and tell me your ideas someone's got to be creative here!

~R&R~

Onegai?

Pretty please?

With sugar and bishies on top!