InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Raiden no Ai ❯ Symbolism ( Chapter 17 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Here is chapter 17...did I mention that 7 is my favorite number? Thanks for all of your lovely reviews! Your such great fans! I'm trying to make it to 100 reviews! *Yes I wrote this WAY before I get the reviews, so if I already have 100, I'll probably get a heart attack! If this is a bit short, sorry. I seem to be running out of ideas at the moment. See, I know what the ending's gonna be, but I don't want it to end just yet. So, NO SPOILERS!!! *I'm so mean* But don't worry you'll find out soon enough!

A/N: Most butterflies in Japan are shades of orange and yellow. Just FYI incase anyone wants to know. Purple butterflies are rare in the Ushitora (northeast) area of Japan.

Also a mare is a female horse that has already had a foal.

Chapter 17-Symbolism

After the two left Akina found herself alone. She walked back into the shojo and looked around at the empty room and the barren, cold walls. The red haired girl walked over to her package and took the kimono Hiten had gotten for her.

It was beautiful and it looked expensive. She had wondered where he had gotten it from. No doubt he stole it from some village that he had toppled. She smiled to herself as she held it up, gazing at the colors and the beautiful quality of the fabric and the flower design on it.

She held the fabric up to her face, it smelled musty, but it reminded her of Hiten. She had wanted him to come back, though he had just left.. Akina never felt any type of omen before his other battles, but this battle with this man, Inuyasha, she was not so sure about.

The red haired maiden walked outside, still holding the kimono close to her breast as she walked forward. She shut the door behind her as she walked slowly onto the wooden porch. The wood creaked under her feet from being wet with rain. The sky was still stormy and gray.

Akina caught glimpse of that little yellow butterfly. It was the same one the was with her and Hiten when he had fallen asleep atop her. Akina gazed at the yellow winged insect and spoke.

"It's nice to see you back, friend. I wonder what you're doing out here by yourself. You seem so lonely."

The little butterfly flapped it's wings wearily as it landed on the window seal. It stayed there for a while, resting itself from it's long journey. Akina stared at it for a while. There had always been plenty of yellow butterflies in Japan, but yet it remained alone.

It could have easily found a mate in the vast field of wildflowers, but it seemed as if none of the other butterflies satisfied it. The little yellow butterfly flew up from it's lengthy rest and flew out to the field. Curious, Akina followed the butterfly slowly, making sure not to scare or startle it.

Akina watched the butterfly, it never floated near the others of it's color. The butterfly would always fly a bit out from the group of butterflies that were there. The butterfly seemed to ignore other butterflies that landed on the flower or passed by it as it flew. Akina began to wonder if the butterfly was sick or injured.

The young girl sat there in the wildflowers and spied a red flower. She reached down and gently picked it. She held it up to her nose as she smelled it's sweet fragrance. The color was so vibrant, it reminded her of Hiten's eyes. They were a deep, blood red like the flower was.

As she studied the delicate features of the flower, Akina could see a small purple object underneath one of the red petals. She gently turned the flower upside down and saw a purple butterfly. How rare it was! Akina had never seen a purple butterfly before. It seemed so mysterious, and beautiful.

The purple butterfly stayed there for a brief moment, then it fluttered over by the yellow one. It landed on the petal of another red flower. Both butterflies seemed to sit there for quite sometime. They seemed to be studying each other, looking for qualities they fancied in the other.

The purple butterfly flew a short distance to another flower. The yellow butterfly sat on it's respected flower for a while, watching the purple butterfly.

The yellow butterfly flew over to the purple one, and the two sat at the flower together once more, the red haired maiden was still watching in anticipation. Butterflies had always interested her, and its not everyday you saw a purple one. It was so unique and different, not another one like it's kind.

The two butterflies flew around the flower patch a while, seeming to enjoy each other's company. They fluttered together in little circles and decorative paths in the air. The interesting insects did this for quite sometime, after a few flights the yellow butterfly landed on a pink flower, exhausted from it's flight. The purple butterfly, however, was still full of life and flew around several more times.

After a few more rounds, the purple butterfly seemed to grow weary as well. It landed on a tree branch to reprieve itself. Akina watched the weary butterfly as it rested it's wings, sunning itself on the tree branch.

Suddenly, a black bird of sorts swooped down and pecked the butterfly off of the tree branch, killing it with it's beak and flying off to claim it's victory and it's meal. Akina's face to one of freight and surprise. In a flash the butterfly's life was taken, just like that.

Akina got up and ran a short distance, breathing heavily. That little butterfly reminded her of Hiten for those few seconds. Could this be a premonition of things to come?

"No.." She said faintly to herself. She had to go to the battle, the pain and worry was tearing her apart inside. She had to know if this was truly to be Hiten's last battle. Akina had always had a feeling deep in her heart that Kagome was lying. If only she had told her that she truly did feel for the red-eyed youkai, but she was cut short.

"Hiten can't..." She trailed, a single tear running down her cheek.

Akina ran through the field as fast she could. She had kind of wished that she still had the Raigeki-jin, but was glad she gave it to Hiten. She was, after all, more concerned for his safety then hers. He had always been arrogant about the way he carried out battles. He was a grand fighter, as was Manten, so he had virtually no worries when going up against an enemy or stealing Shikon shards from them.

**Wait! ** Akina's head snapped up, coming to a sudden realization. ** Those things in Hiten and Manten's heads....They're jewels of some sort....The Shikon Shards...they have them in their heads, but if this other guy wants Shikon Shards and they are in Hiten's head....Oh no! **

The young girl took off faster through the field. She wanted to get to the battle field as fast as she could. As she ran through the trees, a few branches hit her in the face.

"Ouch!" She whined, but didn't slow down. What's a few scratches to the face if she could save his life?

She found a small dirt path and ran on it. She was beginning to run out of breath. She stopped for a minuet and caught her breath. She didn't make it anywhere near the battle sight, Hiten was flying and was probably tons of miles away from her at this moment. She decided to go to the next town to get a few rides so she could make it a decent way to the battle.

She wondered where Hiten were and if they had found Inuyasha yet. She wondered if he was fighting or if he had already been slain. She clenched her eyes shut and shook her head. She couldn't bear to think of it.

The girl could see the tops of buildings. She had made it to the town and walked up the main road into the town. It must have been market day, there were merchants everywhere, trying to sell things and people were everywhere buying and bustling.

A little boy was walking in the town. He had been sent on an errand for his mother. The child looked up at the sky and his eyes widened. A shadow befell the village and the sky turned a ghastly black. The boy put a hand at his eyebrows and called out.

"Wow, looks like a violent storm is coming."

Akina turned her head. **A storm? ** She thought. ** A violent black storm always happens when the Raijuu Brothers are in battle. This must mean that Hiten and Manten are battling somewhere nearby. I must go to them!**

A merchant had his supplies loaded up onto a beautiful black mare. Akina looked at the man, who was untying the bridle from a large beam sticking out of the ground.

** Well, I'm a murderer, might as well be a thief too. ** Akina thought as she ran over and pushed the man down.

" Ah! Hey!" He shouted, from his sitting position on the ground.

"Sorry, I need this." Akina said, dumping his things off of the horse and grasping the straps on the bridal. She turned the horse around and took off through the town, the little boy watching her leave.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~

Will Akina make it in time? Have I already asked this question? Is this chapter boring? ( Probably so) What do you think will happen next? It took me three days to finish this little story fragment. I think I'm going to go and watch some fansubs, to get me into the fanfic mode! AHHH FEAR THE PLOT BUNNIES! >_@ Anyway, please R&R!

"My medication! Quick! Before I go insane!" *pulls out hair*

"Too late." -_-;