InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Raiden no Ai ❯ Suffering ( Chapter 29 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Well, it’s been long, hasn’t it?  Sorry about the wait, but I’ve been wanting to post the alternate chapter of 28 up on the net, and I finally have, so for all of you lemon readers, here is the link, just remember to remove the spaces. ;

http: /Fanfiction/Melissa /RaidenNoAiPart28.htm

Anyway, here is chapter 29 of Raiden no Ai the next to last chapter before I go onto the sequel!  Hooray for sequels!  Anyway, without further a due, here is my chapter 29 for you!

Oh, on another note, this fanfic was nominated by Inuyasha Fanguild for best Alternate Pairing!  It’s a great honor to be a nominee of such a prestige award!  Thanks to Inu-Inu, who nominated me, and I wish much luck to all who are running for the same award as I!  Good luck everyone!

I had to change the dividers, because loves to eat them out of my fanfics.

………………

Rai den no Ai

Chapter 29:  Suffering

………………

Hiten lay there, almost motionless.  His red orbs closed to the world as he lay there in a fitful sleep.  Every now and then, he would go into a fit of pain, his body shaking and trembling with much pain.  The thunder youkai would let out a cry of pain every now and then.  Akina would try her best to help quell the youkai’s pain, sometimes it would work and sometimes there would be nothing she could do but watch and try to make Hiten as comfortable as possible.

Ever since Hiten had been injured in battle, Akina had thought she was experiencing a change in the youkai, not only for the better emotionally, but for the better physically.  She had tried many herbs and potions to try and help the braided man regain his perky edge, but none have worked so far.  He was still in the same shape and didn’t seem to be improving.

The fiery haired maiden looked into the slumbering face of the man below her.  He was her mate.  She wasn’t quite sure of what that meant to a youkai, but she was willing to find out.  Akina was willing to go that extra mile for him.  The maiden’s point of view, since she met the Raijuu Brothers, had drastically changed.  It went from sheer fear of their strength and power, to a gentle love and understanding of the brothers.  They were misunderstood, and not nearly as bad as they seemed.  Sure, they were youkai, but they were people as well.  They had feelings and emotions, capable of being broken.

They were killers, and they slaughtered thousands of the innocent, but that was only one of the vast differences between youkai and human.  When she thought about it, wasn’t that the reason they were misunderstood?

The maiden moved a few strands of hair from Hiten’s face and gently ran a hand down the side of his face, feeling his soft flesh.

He was suffering.

The two resided there, in complete silence for a few moments, as the maiden pondered to herself.  Did Hiten really deserve this?

No, he didn’t.

No one did.

Feudal Japan was a harsh time, she knew, but when people themselves didn’t take the time to figure out things about other beings, it was a great cause for misconceptions.  It would be great if youkai and human could co-exist, but the dream was but that, a dream. 

‘Hiten-sempai…Don’t give up on me now.  You’ve come so far, and yet, you have a way to go.  I hope you recover, and when you do, I’ll be right here, waiting for you.  We can live together, facing the cruel world, with each other to fall back on as comfort.  Youkai and human, together…’

Akina smiled and place her hands on either side of her face at that thought.  She liked that idea.

‘Don’t give up on life, you have yet to truly live!’

Akina kept thinking about the youthful youkai.

Ever since she met him, she had always feared him.  The very thought of his dark figure hovering above her small, weak presence sent chills of fear down her spine.  It was true, the Thunder Brothers scared the life out of her, and during her course of time as their servant, she had learned to understand them and get to know them – especially Hiten, the elder of the two.  Manten wasn’t so bad and Aida was tolerable at least, until she tried to kill her. 

Were all female youkai that mean?

She supposed that she did kind of steal Hiten from her.

She was cut from her thoughts as the youkai below her let out a few, gurgling noises below her.   The maiden snapped into reality and looked down at the man below her.  Akina took quick action and began to gently massage his chest.  His breathing slowed a bit, and the sweat seemed to die down as well.  After a few minuets of pain, Hiten finally calmed down and only a heavy panting was heard as he lay in his fitful sleep.

Suffering…

He was suffering…

It was all Inuyasha’s fault…

All Akina could do was watch from her short distance and assist Hiten in any way she could. 

‘ Oh Hiten-sempai…’

She made a face of worry and concern.  Hiten was hurt a lot worse then she had previously thought.  He might even die.  The red haired maiden shook her head, trying to rid all thoughts from her head.  Hiten can’t die!  He just can’t!   Akina would save him, that is the vow she took, and she would try her best to make absolute sure that the thunder youkai boy was going to live. 

Akina had wanted to have a family with the thunder youkai. 

But she was beginning to think that that idea was beyond all comprehension.

Nonetheless, she still had hope. 

‘I’ll protect you, my sempai.  I’ll always be there for you, no matter what and I’ll never give up hope.  I know you can pull through, I know you can!  You’re suffering now, but if you pull through, then everything will be all right from here on out.  We can live together and hopefully have a family, sure it might be hard at first, but I know we can pull through.’

Akina smiled to herself at the thought of Hiten living and the confidence she was giving herself.

‘All Hiten has to do is get well………if he can…’

………………̷ 0;………..

Well, the last chapter will come up in a while, but be warned, it will take a while because I have to write for the sequel, which will be called ‘Fragment of Life II’ Sorry for the wait, but I had to wait until the website updated so that I could put this chapter up.  I had to have the link to the alternate chapter so I could post it for the more mature readers of my fanfic.

Anyway, as always read, review and enjoy!  This is dedicated to all of those Hiten fans out there.  Oh, if you want to join a Hiten mailing list, here is the address.  Just remove the spaces.

Ragekijin   

Thanks for over 1,000 reviews!  You guys are such great fans!  Review!