InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Red petals ❯ The Hunted ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Red petals
 
Prologue: The hunted
 
 
The father lifted his son up in his arms, and the boy giggled. His mother smiled at them, and he sat beside his wife.
`'I brought you a present, Inuyasha'' the father told him. The boy's white dog ears twitched, and he looked expectantly at his father with his gold-amber eyes. His father, Inutaisho, Lord of the west, gave his little son, Inuyasha, a red ball.
`'Thanks daddy!'' said the child happily to his father, and jumping off his lap, he ran to the garden, and started playing with his ball, bouncing it against the pavement.
Inutaisho kissed the beautiful human he had for a wife.
`'He's growing up happily, don't you think?'' She said.
`'yes, he indeed is...what worries me is the acceptance Sesshoumaru will have over him. I fear of their relationship...he is not fond of humans''
`'Oh, do not worry'' she said tenderly.
`'Oh, and by the way, I will have to leave tomorrow'' Inutaisho lowered his voice.
`'You can't leave! Think of Inuyasha!''
`'I have to. I am in a difficult position now, they want to take away my post as lord''
`'But, the child...'' but before she could finish, they were interrupted by a loud sobering. They looked at the door, and there was standing Inuyasha, clutching the ball fith his tiny fingers, tears trickling down his cheeks.
`'please, daddy, don't leave...''
 
Inutaisho got up and picked the boy up in his arms, and returned to sit by his wife. The boy now was crying profusely, and his mother brushed her hand in his long silvery hair.
`'Don't leave daddy, please don't leave...'' Inuyasha's sobs grew louder and louder.
`'No, I won't leave, don't worry, I won't leave....hush now, my little boy...'' slowly the boy calmed down, and he fell asleep in his father's arms.
`'Must you leave, Inutaisho?'' asked the boy's mother desperately.
`'Yes. I will return. That I promise'' Inutaisho got up, placing his son in his mothers arms, and with that he left.
 
The boy's mother rocked Inuyasha in her arms, and she fell asleep, with the young hanyou wrapped in her arms.
 
 
Inuyasha woke up, in his mothers arms. He looked around and knew his father had left. He moved in his mother's arms, and she woke up.
`'daddy left, right?''
`'Yes, love'' she kissed the top of his head, and started tickling his ears. The boy laughed, and freed himself from her grip, and they started playing with each other.
 
 
Later that night, a messenger came from Inutaisho. His former wife, the mother of Sesshoumaru, had been assassinated, for the demon lords proclaimed they had to kill everybody related to Inutaisho. Inutaisho had been killed in battle .A human lord had come up to the throne of emperor. And now, Sesshoumaru, having been left without parents, had come to seek revenge.
`'You have to leave, milady. He will come and take you and your son to the otherworld. Come with me, milady. There isn't much time'' he hurried her.
`'No! If I go, he will find us both! Take Inuyasha! I will stay and die for him!''
The messenger left, but without mother or child.
 
`'Inuyasha, love, you have to go'' the mother urged the boy.
`'what? What do you mean go? Mommy, I don't want to leave!'' the boy held her mother's leg firmly. She bent down and held him in her arms, and tears splashed into the boy's head.
`'You must leave, Inuyasha! Go!'' the mother pushed him away, towards the entrance, and gave him his ball, and a rosary she always weared for protection.
`'Go Inuyasha! GO!'' she yelled at her suffering son.
The boy was reluctant to leave, and kept on gripping his mother.
`'Where is daddy?! I don't want to go!''
At the mention of his father, she had an idea. The boy did not know his father had died.
`'daddy is waiting for you, love! Go east, far away from here, he will find you!'' the mother urged Inuyasha.
`'Will...........will you come, mommy?'' the boy said in loud sobs.
`'yes, love! Now go! Go!''
The boy embraced his mother and kissed her soft cheek, and with the rosary, that was made with dark blue beads and fangs, and gripping his red ball, he ran off, towards east.
 
 
The mother waited in the porch, standing up, proud. Then she saw Sesshoumaru, coming to her.
`'Where is that filthy half breed of your son, you worthless human?'' Sesshoumaru spat at the mother.
`'He died yesterday! Died of grief for his father's loss! I burned him, so there is no body to find! Kill me now, and end my grief!''
`'With pleasure''
 
 
far away, Inuyasha's tiny ears caught the sound of a woman screaming in agony. He knew it was his mother. But he had to be strong, and not look back. And he also knew his father had died. He had heard. He had lied to his mother to comfort her. And, from that day further on, Inuyasha grew alone, travelling and hiding from his brother, alone with the only memory of his parents as a rosary and a red ball.
 
 
 
 
A/N
 
So, did you like it? Well, this is going to be a fanfics of many chapters and story of angst and romanticism. And I have a new rule, that in the prologue can pass, but for when I write chapter 1, I warn readers: If I don't get at least 5-10 reviews, you will not have next chapter. For it really disgusted me that I have in some fanfics 53 hits and only 1 review (from Sangowings, my beloved reviewer, thank you very much). So, if I don't have a minimum of 5 reviews, no next chapter! Kukukuku