InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Regret ❯ Thinking and visiting ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2: Alone
 
With Inuyasha
 
Inuyasha went to Goshinboku and settled on one of the highest branches.
 
`I am a stupid; I have finally pushed away the first person that fully trusted me'
 
The only thoughts in Inuyasha's head were Kagome's face with a look of betrayal. Inuyasha was convinced that this time was going to be more difficult to bring Kagome back.
 
`I have to think of a way to get Kagome to forgive me, if she ever does'
 
He rested his back against the tree and looked up to the sky.
 
`How am I going to fix this?' Inuyasha thought sadly.
 
`Kagome…'
 
The Present
 
Kagome got out of the well, she was still crying. Her face displayed sorrow and pain.
 
`After all we have been through, he thinks that of me. What did I expect, that he would love me'.
 
Kagome shook her head and wiped away her tears with her hand. `He would never love me'
 
Kagome took a decision, she was not going back this time, she would stay here and live a normal life.
 
`After all, I would only slow them down' Kagome thought bitterly.
 
I won't go back; I don't want to see Inuyasha anymore'
 
But her heart was saying otherwise, it was aching for a certain hanyou. She left the well house and entered her house. There was no one at home. She found a note on the kitchen table.
 
Kagome,
We went on a trip to the hot springs. There is a new hotel that has opened. We will come back in two weeks. I didn't know when you would be back but just in case I left some food in the fridge. No parties and don't do anything I wouldn't do.
Mama
 
Kagome sighed. `Great, I am alone and I wanted to see them'
 
Kagome yawned and stretched a little bit.
 
`I think I am going to sleep, I am too tired'
 
Kagome went upstairs and fell asleep in her bed.
 
 
Past Inuyasha's P.O.V
 
I was looking down the well, hoping that she would appear. That everything was going to be all right. But the reality was other one, I knew that she wasn't going to come back but I was still going to wait.
 
I stayed hours and hours, waiting at the well but nothing. She didn't come and is all my fault. I made up my mind and jumped in the well.
 
When I arrived to the present I noticed that Kagome's family wasn't there because their scent was from one day ago. Kagome's light was off, I jumped through her window that was open.
 
`What a reckless girl, leaving the window open like that'
 
Kagome was laying on her bed sleeping, she was mumbling something. I moved near her so I could get what she was saying.
 
“Inuyasha…” and then tears started falling from her eyes, at that moment I felt like a monster by seeing her like that. I could deal with everything but when there is a girl crying (especially Kagome) I feel completely helpless.
 
I wiped away her tears, her skin was so soft under my touch and I couldn't but touch her silky hair too.
 
“What do I have to do to get you to forgive me?” Inuyasha said with a soft voice.
 
Kagome's P.O.V
 
I could feel a hand touching my cheek and then caressing my hair. Then I heard a voice that I recognized immediately.
 
“What do I have to do to get you to forgive me?”
 
It was Inuyasha. What was he doing here? I didn't open my eyes and maintained a regular breathing, so he would believe that I was still sleeping. I have never heard Inuyasha talking to me with that tone of voice.
 
I think he regretted what he had said to me but still hurts because I don't if deeply he feels like that. My heart is too fragile now to deal with him. I couldn't be in silence so I whispered.
 
“Inuyasha what are you doing here?”
 
I opened my eyes to see his surprised face. What he said next was enough to enrage me.
 
End of P.O.V
 
“I came to bring you back, you baka wench” Inuyasha shouted.
 
“How dare to say that after what happened” Kagome's was void of emotion. Her bangs were hiding her eyes so he couldn't see.
 
“That is in the past and this is now, you have a duty to fulfill with us. You are the responsible of looking for the shards” Inuyasha started yelling.
 
“What duty!? You have made yourself very clear last time saying it would be better with Kikyo” Kagome shouted back.
 
`The nerve of him to come here after what he said'
 
Inuyasha didn't know what to say. `She is right, but I need her with me'
 
“I would rather stay here than go back with you!” Kagome shouted at the top of her lungs.
 
For one moment Kagome could see hurt in his eyes, but was gone as quickly as it came.
 
“Leave now! Kagome covered her face with her hands and started sobbing. The wound made by his words was still too fresh.
 
“Just leave, I don't want to see you again” Kagome said weakly, she was tired of fighting with him.
 
Inuyasha looked in Kagome's eyes, trying to see in them if he had meant what she just said. But he couldn't see anything, just tears and a look of betrayal.
 
Inuyasha gritted his teeth.
 
“Suit yourself, but then don't come looking for you asking for forgiveness!”
 
“I WON'T!”
 
Inuyasha left, Kagome started to cry harder.
 
Inuyasha before entering to the well house looked one more time to Kagome's window. He could clearly hear her crying, but he wouldn't go back because she said that she didn't want to see him anymore. He jumped into the well.
 
PAST
 
Kaede's hut
 
“Do you think that Inuyasha has gone to bring Kagome back?” asked Shippou with tears in his eyes.
 
“I hope so Shippou-chan” Sango said, hugging Shippou.
 
`But I don't think that Kagome-chan is going to come back, what Inuyasha had said shattered her heart'
 
“Lets wait to see what happens” Miroku said, looking at the now crying Shippou.
 
`Inuyasha don't please bring Kagome-sama back, for the wellbeing of the group
 
Suddenly they heard strange noises coming from the forest.
 
Miroku stood up. “Sango stay here, I'm going to see what is going on”
 
“Do you think it's Inuyasha?” said Sango with a sleeping Shippou in her lap.
 
“Maybe” with that he left the hut.
At the well
 
Inuyasha jumped out of the well. He couldn't bear the pain, it was so strong. So he chose to stay angry, anger was a thing that he could deal with. He started destroying all the tress on his way to Goshinboku. He collapsed and the base of the tree.
 
“What's wrong Inuyasha? Does that wench finally left you?”
 
Inuyasha started growling, he stood up and turned around to see who was talking. There in the clear with him was Sesshoumaru.
 
“What a pitiful sight. Falling in love with that human bitch was the worst mistake you have made. But well, you are a half-breed after all”
 
Inuyasha growled louder and draw Tessaiga.
 
“You don't know anything!” Inuyasha attacked Sesshoumaru but he blocked it with Toukijin.
 
“The only thing I have to know is that humans are inferior and half-breeds shouldn't exist”
 
The swords were clashing and Inuyasha had multiple wounds on his body. With a hit of Sesshoumaru, Inuyasha fell on his back. Inuyasha could feel the tip of the sword in his throat.
 
“Inuyasha, this is the result of mixing with humans, you are weak and unworthy of carrying Tessaiga”.
 
Sesshoumaru sheathed Toukijin and started leaving.
 
“Wait Sesshoumaru! Come back to finish the fight!”
 
Sesshoumaru turned his head to look at Inuyasha.
 
“When you have back your fighting spirit look for me, until then stay where you are” and with that said he left.
 
Inuyasha with all the strength he could put together tried to stand up but the wounds wouldn't let him.
 
“Inuyasha, are you all right?” asked Miroku, who has just arrived. He wanted to help him but Inuyasha wouldn't let him. Once more he tried to stand up but he passed of blood loss. One last thought passed through Inuyasha's head.
 
`Kagome..'
 
Miroku grabbed Inuyasha and dragged him to Kaede's hut, where they could heal him.
 
PRESENT ERA
 
Kagome was in her bed, her tears had long ago dried. Suddenly she felt a stab of pain in her heart, Kagome grabbed her left side of the chest with a pained expression. But then it was gone, she was left panting.
 
“What was that?”
 
`Kagome…'
 
“Inuyasha?” she started to look around for him, maybe it was her imagination. Maybe her mind was playing games with her.
 
`”After all who needs that jerk” Kagome started dozing and fell asleep.
 
`I need him' one last tear fell from her eye.