InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Reunion ❯ Chapter Seven: Fight! ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Seven

A/N: Sorry for the delay, folks! I had a severe case of the 'just don't want to's'. Been working 10 to 14 hour shifts and just couldn't get up the gumption to write! Just as well, I've been bouncing ideas around in that empty space I call a head, trying to come up with the best fight scene. I've setteled on this one and I hope it meets with your approval. As always, thanks for the reviews. And finally, I don't own Inuyasha but if I could find out something juicy about the owner, I might try blackmail!

As Kouga dived at Inuyasha, the wolves in his pack took this as a sign that the hunt had begun! They had been eyeing the horses, hungrily, and with the pack leaders move, they attacked. They took off at a run, heading straight toward Daremo and the horses.

Daremo saw the wolves coming at him and his companions. "Guard the horses!" he barked. "I'm going to meet them!" He took off at a run, straight at the approaching wolves!

The lead wolf, a large alpha male, was puzzled by the actions of the human. He had never been attacked by a human! He had always done the attacking! He grinned a wolve's grin and went staight at Daremo, figuring on an easy kill. But, as he prepared to leap at Daremo's throat to rip it out, something happened. The man wasn't in front of him anymore! And he felt a sharp pain down his side! He let out a startled yelp of pain and turned to see what had hurt him, or, at least that is what he wanted to do. As the big male began his turn, he fell on heavily on his side. He tried to rise but couldn't. He whimpered slightly as his vision clouded and then went dark in death.

As Daremo reached the wolves, he drew his katana and slashed the leader and three other wolves in the first pass. Two other wolves had fallen with the lead male. The third had been the farthest away and had only lost an ear. The death of their packmates got the attention of the rest of the wolves. They lost interest in the horses and decided to take down this lone human in their midst. They began to circle him, looking for an opening. This was what Daremo had wanted. Now he went to work in earnest. He would allow a wolf to bait him from the front and when one would attack from the rear to hamstring him, he would move with uncanny speed. His katana would flash in the light of the setting sun as he dispatched wolf after wolf in this fashion.

The wolf demons had been watching the fight between Kouga and Inuyasha. But with the first yelp of the big male wolf that had died by Daremo's hand, they had watched that fight as well. They were angry that a human had killed three of their pack brothers but looked on in amusement as the rest of the pack began to circle the lone human. "This will be good!" exclaimed one of the demons. "Stupid human! Doesn't have enough sense to run from his betters! Now, our brothers will get revenge for their fallen!" The others laughed and watched with anticipation, waiting for the human to fall and be ripped to shreds. But this didn't happen. As the demons watched, this lone human was killing their wolves one at a time, with what looked like no effort. When the fourth wolf fell, the demon who had spoken earlier gripped his weapon and looked at the others. "I have had enough of this! It's time for me to kill a human!" Three other demons shouted their agreement and moved toward Daremo.

The remaining wolves sensed the approach of the wolf demons and backed off. Daremo looked and saw the demons coming toward him. Surprisingly, he sheathed his katana and waited for the demons.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sango and Miroku were honoring their word to watch Inuyasha's back if he had to fight Kouga. Their attention was divided between the fight and the pack. They were paying no attention to Daremo until they heard the male wolf's death yelp. Sango turned to see Daremo surrounded by wolves. "Miroku!" she called. "We need to help .... " Her statement cut off as her jaw dropped. She watched as Daremo began to dispatch the wolves, one by one. She had never seen a human move that fast! Her amazement grew as the wolf demons approached Daremo and he sheathed his sword.

"What is he thinking?" breathed Miroku. Sango had forgotten him in her fascination with Daremo's fighting style. "Surely, he doesn't think that they will leave him alone?"

As they watched, the demons spread out to encircle their prey as had their four footed conterparts. Their weapons at the ready, they began their attack. Sango pulled her boomerang to help, but before she could let it go, she was amazed yet again. Daremo had drawn his katana with uncanny speed. His draw was a slice that sheared through the lead demon's weapon and on into the demon's side. The sword didn't stop. It continued across the demon's stomach to disembowel him. Still, the sword didn't stop. Daremo began an intricate set of moves that wove a web of quicksilver steel around him. The remaining demons screamed their rage and charged Daremo. With a speed almost too fast for the eye to follow, Daremo moved with the grace of a dancer. Lightly stepping to one side, he dodged the charge of one demon, bringing his katana down in an almost negligent gesture to decapitate his opponent with a backwards swing. He spun on his foot, letting the momentum off the sword swing him around to face another demon. His sword, never stopping, sheared through the spear that the demon was holding and removed his hand half way to the elbow. The demon fell on his back, screaming in pain now. He clutched at the stump of his arm and began to push himself away with his legs. Daremo's dance ended with him facing the last of the four demons that had come for him. He held his katana before him and regarded the last demon over his blade. Sango was too far away to hear what was said. All she could see was the grim smile on Daremo's face and the rage on the demon's, rage coupled with fear. She realized that this demon knew he was no match for Daremo but that he didn't know what to do! Every instinct in the demon had to be calling for blood for his slain packmates but he had enough intelligence to know that he couldn't avenge them! As Sango watched, Daremo's lips moved again and the demon began to back off. After a few steps, he turned and ran to his injured pack brother. He knelt beside him and began to tie off the bleeding stump. Daremo took a deep breath and released it in a long sigh. He then bent and picked up a srap of cloth from one of the dead demons bodies and wiped the blood from his katana. Then he sheathed it and turned toward Sango and Miroku. His eyes went past them to the fight between Inuyasha and Kouga. Suddenly his eyes widened and he swore an oath. He broke out into a run that was even faster than when he was fighting. As he rushed by them, they heard Kagome scream at Kouga. They turned to see a sight that horrified them. Kouga was standing over Inuyasha, blood streaming from a chest wound. He had his katana raised above his head and was preparing to bring it down on Inuyasha!

A/N : I think that I'll end it here! heh heh heh Just to keep the interest going. Next chapter, Inuyasha's and Kouga's fight.