InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Reunion ❯ Chapter Twenty-seven: Confrontations ( Chapter 27 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Twenty-seven

A/N: Hi, folks. It has been a long dry spell but I'm back. I would like to thank all of my reviewers on both MediaMiner and Fanfiction. I have recieved over 300 reveiews apiece for this story and for my other story when you combine both sets of reviews. I would have written these stories without the reviews since writing these fanfics is something I do for the pleasure of it and for the opportuninity to increase my writing skill. It is very gratifying to have, not one but two, stories that are this well recieved, and I hope that I continue to live up to your expectations. I never expected this kind of response to my writing and I am extremely grateful. Now, for the disclaimer, I don't own Inuyasha.

Jaken trotted up the hall looking for his master. He was very worried for his lord. "Lord Sesshoumaru!" he called. "I have got to find him." he thought, aloud.

"Jaken-sama? What's wrong with milord?" asked Rin, as she followed behind him.

"It's a long and sad story, Rin. You are too young to hear all of it." He paused and looked at the girl who followed his lord everywhere he went. "I will tell you this much. That girl back there, Takara, reminds our lord of someone that was very special to him." Jaken's face grew very sad. "She was special to all of us that knew her."

Rin looked thoughtful for a moment and then said, "She died, didn't she, Jaken-sama."

"Yes, child. She died." Jaken closed his eyes and the scene of his lord finding the bodies of his mate and daughter played in his head. 'And a piece of my lord died that day, too.' He shook himself out of his revery and began trotting down the hall again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sesshoumaru stood in the audience chamber. He stared at nothing in silence, brooding over who he had seen and what he had done in reaction. 'This Sesshoumaru could have handled it better. Baka! Baka! Baka! You know that Takara is dead and you know that that girl in there was not her and yet you acted as if you were some love struck, overprotective adolescent. There is no telling what she thinks of you.' That thought brought him up short. Why did he care what she thought of him? He didn't know her! 'Baka!' He took a deep breath to calm himself. He was beginning to get worked up, again. The resemblance to his dead mate was striking, to be sure, and to share the same name was unnerving. 'Then, again, if she is who I think she is, perhaps it is not so strange at that.' Sesshoumaru mulled it over. The facts were that she was the adopted daughter of this human who had laid claim to Inuyasha. Her mother's name was Kurohana and had mated to a human. He only knew of one inu-youkai demoness that had done that with that name. 'Interesting that I should find the child of my mate's sister. She must have named her child Takara for my mate.' He sighed. "I suppose that I am her uncle.", he mused

'But not by blood.' came a voice in his head.

"That is not a consideration. She is a hanyou, after all."

'She is a beautiful woman, in the image of your dead love. Being a hanyou is something that you can overlook.'

'Silence!' Sesshoumaru shouted in his mind to his subconcious. 'I will not consider such a thing.'

'Perhaps you won't. But, then again, perhaps you will.'

"I said, 'Silence!" Sesshoumaru growled.

"But, my lord, we haven't spoken!" came a high pitched voice in protest.

Sesshoumaru turned to see Jaken and Rin in the door that he had come in earlier. "Then continue to not speak."

"Yes, milord."

Rin approached Sesshoumaru and tentatively took his hand. Sesshoumaru looked down at the child in surprise. "What is it, Rin?"

"Is milord alright? Can Rin do anything to make milord better?"

"I am fine, Rin."

"Did the pretty lady with the ears upset you milord?"

Sesshoumaru's lips quirked up in a slight smile at Rin's description of Takara. "No, Rin. She didn't upset me. That hentai monk that my brother travels with did."

"That's good, milord. She's too pretty to get very mad at."

Sesshoumaru said nothing for a moment then turned and walked for the door that Jaken and Rin had just come in.

"My lord? Where are you going? The inn is this way." Jaken was pointing toward the door on the other side of the audience chamber.

"I am well aware of that, Jaken. I am returning to the garden. Attend me."

"But, milord .... sigh .... Yes, milord." Jaken gestured to Rin. "I don't think anything good is going to come of this." Jaken grumbled.

"Milord wants to see the pretty lady again." Rin sang as she skipped ahead.

"That's what I'm afraid of." replied Jaken, but he was speaking to thin air. Quickly, he stepped up his pace to catch up to his lord.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Inuyasha, I would like you to meet your son."

These words seemed to echo in Inuyasha's ears. They flattened to his head and he let out a low growl. "You lie, Yukiho!" he rasped. "I never mated with you!"

"Inuyasha! Look at him! He is your son!"

Inutaro was feeling confused. At first, he was surprised to hear that this hanyou in front of him was none other than the man that his mother had told him was his father. He was beginning to feel elated that he would finally meet the man who had sired him when Inuyasha began to act very strangely, growling and then stating that he had never mated with his mother. If that were true, then Inuyasha wasn't his father. But, if Inuyasha was his father, as his mother was insisting, then how come Inuyasha didn't remember mating with his mother. Inutaro's face hardened. Maybe his father had just used his mother to satisfy his lusts and left, never expecting to be presented with a child at a later date. While he was having this internal debate, he noticed the pale faced young woman who shook off the hands of another woman behind her.

"You did it, didn't you?" she asked in a quiet voice.

'Did what?' he thought, looking at his mother. He was surprised to see a look of shame on her face. 'What in the seven hells is going on here?' he thought.

"Answer me!" shouted the young woman. "You had sex with him while he was pinned to that tree, didn't you?!"

'While he was pinned to the tree?' Inutaro was beginning to get a sick feeling.

"He was my mate!" Yukiho shouted back. "It was my duty and right ...." That was as far as she got before the young woman launched herself at his mother. Instinctively protective of his mother, he started to grab her when he found himself slammed against the wall, held by the throat by a clawed hand.

"Don't touch her!" came the very feral growl from Inuyasha. "I don't care if you are my son, if you harm Kagome I will rip your throat out myself."

"ENOUGH!" All eyes went to Genki. He stood, shaking in rage and holding his weeping mother. "Yukiho and Kagome, you will seperate now, or be seperated. Inuyasha! Release Inutaro!"

"And what if I refuse?"

Genki drew himself up and made a gesture to his men-at-arms. "Do not mistake me, Inuyasha. You are my cousin and I have missed you sorely, but I will have order in my house! This is not a tavern and I will not have my family and guests brawling like common thugs. If you do not release Inutaro, I will order my men to take you into custody."

"Like they could stop me."

Lady Mariko looked at Inuyasha through her tears. "Please, Inu-chan. Do as Genki says. There has been enough pain for one day."

For a moment, it looked as if Inuyasha would ignore even his aunt's plea. Then he reluctantly released Inutaro.

Inutaro gasped for a moment and rubbed his throat. "I would not have harmed her. I only wanted to protect my mother."

Before Inuyasha could reply, Genki spoke again. "Daremo!"

Daremo was imediately at his lord's side. "Yes, my lord?"

Genki suddenly looked old. The next order he spoke was not without pain, but was necessary. "Take Yukiho into custody." Takara and Inutaro both gasped.

"No, my Lord Tanaka. Please."

"I am sorry, Takara, but your mother has admitted to things that I cannot ignore. She has lived here under false pretenses and has done acts on a member of this house that can be seen as enslavement. She has admitted to the rape of a member of this house."

At the word rape, Inuyasha paled. Kagome, who had seperated from Yukiho as ordered, began to cry. Sango looked at Yukiho with enough hatred to kill. Miroku took on a stoic, emotionless demenor. Shippou came up to Kagome and held up his arms to be held. As she picked him up, tears still rolling down her face, he asked, "Mama-Kagome? Are you alright? Is Papa-Inu alright?"

Inuyasha, who had been standing without making a noise, looked at Yukiho and then looked at Inutaro. As he stared at Inutaro's face, he could see some of his own face staring back at him. His expression told of the turmoil in his heart. Yukiho began crying when she looked at his pain. "I'm sorry, Inuyasha. But I was afraid that you would be gone and I would have nothing of you so I made sure that a piece of you would always be with me."

Inutaro gaped at his mother. "You mean it's true?!"

"Please let me explain, my son."

"NO!" Inutaro screamed. "Mother, how could you do this? How could you lie...." He didn't complete his sentence. With an inarticulate scream of rage and pain, he spun from his mother and ran from the room.

"Inutaro! Wait!" Yukiho made to follow her son but was prevented by Daremo. "Daremo, please! I have to talk to him. I have to explain what I did so that he will understand!"

"No, Yukiho." Genki suddenly appeared in front of her. "You have to explain what you did so that I may understand. Daremo, take her to the audience chamber." He turned to Kagome. "I am sorry, Kagome. If I had known that this was going to happen, I would have left Inuyasha in peace. Inuyasha..." Genki turned to express his regret to his cousin but he wasn't there. "Damn." he muttered.

"Mama-Kagome? Where did Pap-Inu go? Is he going to be alright?"

Kagome held Shippou close and began crying again. Sango came up behind her and encicled her with her arms. Miroku came in from the front and put her head on his shoulder and kept his hands to himself. Finally, Kagome answered the little kitsune, "I don't know Shippou. I don't know if any of us are going to be alright." After she said this, she buried her head in Miroku's shoulder and wept.

A/N: Okay. I know that some of you were expecting more after such a long dry spell but I decided to keep it at this length. ducks the thrown objects Don't worry. My kids are back in school so I will be updating on a more regular schedule. You guys take it easy.