InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Revelation ❯ Animus (Soul) ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Revelation

Preview Animus (Soul)

By Silvertress

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha if there is similarities to another fanfiction out there it is only coincidence.

Author's Note: Woohoo I'm doing an Inuyasha. So let's see how this comes out. I really need input since it's my first one in this series. So please tell me what you think. I'm also putting some Japanese in for the first time and I don't know if it is right so if it isn't sorry. Anyway Read, Review and above all enjoy.

On with the show;

The rain beat loudly against the wood roof and to some discomfort a few stray drops would drip in. The thunder boomed and then lighting strikes would brighten the candle lit room further. Along with the rhythm of the unceasing rain and thunder the wind howled whistling and causing limbs of trees and other untied items to fly outside every so often landing on the ground with a thud. Kaede with a sigh went closer to the fire predicting it would be a tough day and thought of how she would tell Kagome some very important information she had discovered only days before.

When Kagome appeared in the feudal era she knew it must be raining because the rocks were moist and the bottom of the well was filled to her ankles in mud. She called for Inuyasha but they weren't answered, so she took it upon herself to climb out.

Carefully, and through some miracle the girl had climbed carefully up the slick stones with no falls and her heavy bag on her back. As she made the slow climb Kagome could feel the drops of rain on her body start striking harder, faster, and more frequently. By the time she got out of the well she was soaked from head to toe and shivering in the cold winter air. The wind blew around her and the cold drops fell on her now numb body. The rain was like sheets now and the wind blew her hair everywhere making visibility drop even more. By memory she hiked through the forest avoiding falling branches but not looking at the ground she slipped in the mud and found her arm deeply cut by a rock. Cringing she got up once again and continued.

She finally got to Kaede's house and was urgently taken in. She was surprised only Kaede was in the house but she wouldn't answer where the others were until Kagome got cleaned up.

~~

"What a time to forget clean clothes." Kagome said now dressed in an extra miko outfit. She was now passing restlessly around the hut. For some reason she had a bad feeling even though it was probably only anxiety the girl still felt something foreboding.

"Calm child." Kaede said her eye following a pacing Kagome Higurashi around her hut.

"Nan desu ka? (Pardon?) Sorry I wasn't paying attention." Kagome stopped mid pace and was now staring at the sitting miko.

"You should listen to thy elders' child or thou might come upon something foul which could be evaded. We doest have knowledge you do not have yet."

"Gomen, (sorry) it's just that …" The girl's voice trailed off.

"You are worried for the others. It is nothing to be worried over. They just went thither to a village on a shard lead. T'was urgent so they went in your absence; they are full fully capable, and have proven so many a time." Kagome just let out a loud exhale and sat down next to her.

"When is this storm going to clear up?"

"In times like this who knownst," Kaede said her usual calm voice.

"I can't stand these clothes." Kagome tugged irritable at the white miko top. "I look just like… Like…" She trailed off letting her sapphire eyes wander.

"Aye you do look like my poor sister." Kaede answered appraising her with her brown eye.

The girl's usual eye color shown a yellow because of the candle light and her "makeup" as she called it that made the lids of her eyes a blue had been washed away. Her hair was still wet enough that it hung straight and off her shoulders even if some strands were starting to dry and form into its usual waves. She reminded Kaede of how her sister was before her death not the abomination of clay and ash that claimed to be Kikyou; The strong maiden that had held and purified the shikon no tama.

"Kaede what do you mean about your poor sister." Kagome asked.

"The girl you know now tis not my true sister. That bag of ash and dirt is in herself a demon. A being that feasts upon the souls of the dead and can control other demons is truly one of them. I've been researching this whilst thy has not been in my presence and I have come upon some conclusions." Kaede began to explain. Kagome's eyes grew and she let her back rest against the wooden wall over come by this information. Kikyou a demon is that possible?

"I've had suspicions for some time now. How could Kijo Urasue resurrect my sister when her soul lays in you? Yes tis true that she stole your soul and then using your magic you reclaimed it. Thoust has much to learn of the magic which dwells inside of thy. My discovery is that thou is walking about with a piece of your soul missing."

"Nani? (what?)" Kagome said sitting straight up.

"That pile of clay still has a fraction of thy soul; you still live and are unaffected because of the magic you possess. The fraction can be compared to a full cup of water. She might have about five drops while you my dear have the full cup. For that youkai to be my sister she would need all of your soul. That shred has her memories and some of her emotion because those facets are what help make your soul. The emotion unfortunately is the love for Inuyasha and also hate." Kaede's voice was soft but the words felt as they were being drilled into Kagome's head.

"I am very terrified to say I think this being is also after the sacred jewel. Then she can become the full Kikyou once more." Kagome now couldn't breath.

"But if she becomes Kikyou I will…"

"You will lose your soul and your body will be but a shell. Thy willst be part of Kikyou but Kagome will no longer exist." Kaede said in almost a whisper.

"She must be helping Naraku to gather the shards and then take the jewel when it's completed. She is using him." Kagome said. "I always felt I had to gather the shards to stop Naraku or some other thing but know my life depends on it."

"I regret to have to inform you of this child. But don't fear you'll be able to gather all of the shards and reclaim the jewel. You have Inuyasha." Kaede said placing a wrinkled hand on her shoulder.

"How will he help me when he knows there is a chance of getting her back?" Kagome looked right into Kaede's face her eyes glistening.

"Silly, ignorant child, you are more important to him. You are the one that won his trust and softened his heart. Not Kikyou in the end you will be the one to triumph. I will help thou in every way I can." Kaede replied unflinching to the girls gaze. "I have experienced love too in my ownst lifetime and I can tell when it's forming. The red strings of fate are almost cut between him and Kikyou and are reforming between thee and him." Kaede went on. "It has been a long day Kagome. The ame (Rain) I think will be gone by morning. Go sleep you have much to organize in you own head." Kaede said gently slowly rising and sitting by the fire.

Kagome crawled on her hands and knees to the sleeping mat and was left to her thoughts. Kaede has been in love? I never knew that. There are many things I don't seem to know. Kikyou or this one is a youkai? If she gets the jewel I won't exsist. How am I going to explain this all to everyone? Will they understand? Will Inuyasha pick me like Kaede believes? Or Kikyou? My fate I think actually might rest in his hands. Yes my life is usually in his hands. I need his protection. But will he choose to have her?

Chikusho (Damn)! I can't take much of this any more. I came down this well and met everyone but. Now my whole being my soul is in danger. Imminent danger. We're towards the end of our shard hunt and Kikyou is winning. Inuyasha please choose me not her. I… I…. Ai Shiteru (guess what it means/ I love you.)

Kagome couldn't think anymore her consciousness sank into the world of dreams.

Author's note: That's the preview. So what do you think? Remember it's just the preview not the true chapter one. Real chapters will be longer and more in-depth. Thank you for reading.