InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Revenge is Sweet ❯ Revenge is Sweet ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Inuyasha is the property of Rumiko Takahashi and Viz. I do not own any of the listed.
 
Kagome shook out her wavy hair and examined her make up one last time in the mirror. This was it, this was her night. Her dress clung to her upper body like a second skin, widening at her waist and flowing out to end at her knees, accentuating her shapely legs. It was a spring yellow, a color she thought looked good on her.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO
 
It was one year almost to the day that she had met him. Takahashi Inuyasha. She had been an innocent sophomore, and he was the playboy of the campus. Foolishly, she now realized, she'd fallen head over heels for him. They'd had one class together, a required writing seminar featuring the classical literature of the Sengoku Jidai. He'd sat next to her the first day of class. She could hardly pay attention to the professor because her attention was focused entirely on his little shifts and sighs of boredom. He'd flicked his hair over his shoulder in an annoyed sort of way, and the movement had captured her undivided admiration.
 
The hour of bliss was broken when the professor announced the homework, which consisted of an ungodly amount of reading. It was further broken when Inuyasha turned to her with a look of contempt.
 
“Don't have anything else to stare at, bitch?”
 
Kagome's heart jumped into her throat and then fell to her feet. She blanched white and opened her mouth to say something, but he cut her off with a dismissing wave.
 
“Just stay away from me, girl. Got it?”
 
She nodded, wide eyed, because nothing else seemed appropriate. Later she would curse herself for her mute acceptance. Just because he was popular didn't mean he could call her names! The next time the class met she marched right up to him, ignoring the amused stares and hushed giggles around her.
 
“You can't brush me off like that.” She said, holding her head high.
 
He'd raised his eyebrow, an indulgent expression crossing his face.
 
“I can brush you off all I want sweetheart. There's much more interesting prey out there.”
 
Kagome colored. “But that's no excuse to be rude. You are just an arrogant, stuck up pig.”
 
His expression darkened. “What did you call me?”
 
She paled slightly, backing away from his menacing aura. “It's not right to be rude to someone just because you don't like them. You could try being nice if the concept was understandable to your pea-sized brain.”
 
Inuyasha rose from his seat. “Bitch, I can be rude as much as I fucking want. I guess you just have to learn to accept that what I say goes. Now get out of my sight.”
 
Kagome stood tall, despite the inner desire to run far away. “I refuse to be treated like your personal slave, I'll leave when I damn well want to.”
 
And with that she had gracefully turned her back and walked away, ignoring the hooting and catcalls from his friends.
 
They had been at it ever since. The next class period one of Inuyasha's cronies had caused a diversion that made her late to class, at which point she discovered that this professor locked the door to the classroom at the beginning of class. That, or Inuyasha had ordered it locked. Either way, she missed class, and no one would give her the notes on what she missed.
 
Kagome, furious over the insult, was determined to get him back. She had already befriended the janitor of her building, which incidentally was the one Inuyasha lived in as well. One night he went out partying, and the janitor pretended not to notice when she borrowed his keys and locked the deadbolt on his door, which was inaccessible to students. The janitor also made himself scarce when Inuyasha came back to his dorm room and was unable to get his books out for that day of classes.
 
Nasty rumors started going around later, that Kagome slept around, that she fucked the dean, that she was a druggie. Kagome had been particularly hurt by these. She hadn't made the attacks personal, just made his life inconvenient. But since he had set a new low, she could only fight back by sinking to his level.
 
She couldn't spread rumors, partially because she didn't have a gossip network and because no one believed her when it came to matters of Inuyasha. Her first few rumor efforts failed miserably, and even backfired as she was now known as a liar as well.
 
Her luck began to turn about two months into the new school year. One of her few close friends came from the same little town outside Tokyo, and had some dirt on him that she offered for use. They had attended the same high school and Eri had some pictures of him in ninth grade, which were not beauty years for the now hot Inuyasha. Much to Kagome's delight, he was easily identifiable in the picture, even though there were grotesque differences in beauty.
 
One Monday morning Inuyasha woke to find the whole campus plastered with color copies of his ninth grade yearbook picture, complete with the label of his name and blown up to 150%, so the braces and pimples stood out to even the blind. For the first time ever he had been the butt of jokes, and he was in a foul temper by the end of the day, actually snarling at Kagome when he saw her in the cafeteria. He'd gotten his cronies to tear the pictures down, but they periodically reappeared throughout campus, often on his door.
 
At this point Kagome was a little worried about how he would react. The rumors had made her life miserable for a few weeks. She was worried that he would come up with something to besmirch her reputation or mar her body in some way that was permanent. It had been revenge for her, something amusing to ease herself into the new year.
 
Her fears were to be confirmed. Only a week after the ninth grade photo debut, new photos showed up on all the walls on campus. However, she was somewhat relieved because it backfired immediately. The story she heard later was that Inuyasha had threatened some nerdy kid into photoshopping her head onto a photo of a naked old crone. However, many realize that threats rarely work. Kagome's head did appear on top of the naked old crone's body, but the picture was so obviously doctored that spinoffs soon appeared all over, with friends putting their friends' heads on roman statues or on favorite TV characters' bodies.
 
Kagome didn't bother to get him back, because she was already tired of the hate inspired game. She considered her triumph to be the picture of pimply Inuyasha, and decided to let it rest with that.
 
The semester soon came to an end, and with it ended the writing seminar that she shared with Inuyasha. Bizzarely enough, Inuyasha broke the stalemate they'd been accepting for the earlier part of the year and sat next to her. It was a review class, so Kagome didn't have time to be distracted by his stifling presence. Besides, he didn't cow her so much anymore, having long ago lost her awe and found her courage.
 
She didn't have time to question his motives, because he left as soon as class was out and she then immersed herself in studying for finals.
 
Winter break passed in a hurry, and she occupied herself with helping out with New Year's festivities at her family's shrine.
 
She had spent three hours writing the typical requests for luck, fortune, and love on ema when she noticed it. She had glanced up to see if anyone in the crowd was approaching, and seen a mystical figure. He wore an old haori, which had to have dated to feudal Japan. It was also cherry red, making a bright mark on the snow and dark trees behind him. His long silver hair stood out even more on the red background, and her heart fluttered.
 
Inuyasha?
 
And then he was gone, lost in the swirling mist of bright kimono and gaiety that was the Sunset Shrine at New Year.
 
Her return to the university was much less confident than her departure. She was still confused about his visit to her shrine, and what it could possibly mean. She was also worried that the long break had provided him with the time to come up with revenge for her triumph in the fall. She was also confused about what his closeness on the last day of class was for. He hadn't seemed angry, or even clever or smug about anything. She wished that she remembered more about what he was doing during that class period. It hadn't seemed important at the time but the more she thought about it the more she worried.
 
Her classes yielded some unhappy surprises. Out of her four classes, three of them had Inuyasha in them. Two of those were also small classes of only ten people. Inwardly Kagome wondered how probable it was that Inuyasha ended up in three of her classes without some sort of outside intervention, but she quickly had her attention drawn to other things. Winter passed quickly and she was surprised when she looked out the window of her dorm room to find birds chirping happily on the branches of a tree.
 
The expected revenge didn't come. Kagome kept cringing and waiting for it, but by April she was beginning to think that maybe Inuyasha had gone on to other things. Her thoughts were confirmed when he began striding around campus with a young freshman.
 
Hirata Kikyo was beautiful, rich, and not worried about flaunting either quality. However, she was surprisingly cold. She hardly paid any attention to Inuyasha, and he really didn't dote on her. But the large gossiping community claimed they were often up at all hours in his dorm room, or in her ritzy apartment a few minutes away from campus. The relationship wasn't really surprising, since Inuyasha was a known playboy, but when June rolled around and they were still together Kagome began to seethe silently.
 
She wasn't even sure why she felt so strongly. She had detested him a few short months ago. But in their classes he proved that he was very intelligent, and surprisingly kind. He proved to be something of a mathematical genius, an area in which she was lacking. Once or twice he'd stayed behind to help her with difficult problem sets from their calculus class. While he did tease her mercilessly, she couldn't help noticing all his admirable qualities and downplaying some of the less likeable traits.
 
Kagome had finished school with a flare, declaring her major and overall coming out with good grades. She returned to the shrine for the summer, helping out her aging grandfather and working part time in a local restaurant.
 
The two months of separation were agony for Kagome. She was angry with herself for missing his cocky smile, and his confident manner and suave voice. She missed his kind help when she was lost, and even his teasing and joking that brightened her day.
 
She knew she shouldn't have been so overeager at the beginning of her junior year. If she had been thinking, she would have realized that there was a good chance that he was still dating Kikyo, and that he had no reason to be interested in his once rival.
 
And that left Kagome standing in front of her mirror the night of the big dance, contemplating putting her hair up to show her neck or leaving it flow with her movements. According to gossip, Kikyo and Inuyasha had had a fight, so now was her chance to see if there was anything more than kindness behind his help last year.
 
Kagome took a huge breath before stepping out onto the green, her ears blasted with hip hop and observing the dancing already underway on the grass. A quick glance confirmed that Inuyasha was not present, but he was probably going to be fashionably late. She hoped, at the very least. She didn't want all the worrying to have gone to waste if he didn't show.
 
It was half an hour later that Kagome began to seriously worry. She'd already met up with her friends, many of whom knew her plans for the night. They'd danced together, and with groups of guys who came through. Kagome didn't think Inuyasha would just skip the party, but since he was popular enough in his own right he could probably pull it off.
 
Most of his friends were there though, but she hadn't worked up the courage to ask them where he was. Many hadn't forgiven her for the pictures of last year, and probably would laugh at her.
 
It was a few minutes before she noticed him. He was grinding with a freshman girl, who kept flicking her bleached hair and giggling as he gripped her waist tightly.
 
Kagome stewed silently. Jealousy rose like a miasma in her heart, and she stuffed it down. All this work had gone into preparing for this night. An hour later Kagome was beginning to give in to the first pangs of sadness. Inuyasha had gone through a woman every song, practically fucking them right there on the dance floor. All his women tittered together and giggled about how they felt it through his pants, and that maybe they'd get lucky that night. It made Kagome sick.
 
She went over to one of the tables, where pop and cheap pretzels were stacked in plastic bins. She opened a coke and sank onto the bench, drinking deeply. She had though she looked beautiful just two hours ago, but now she felt ugly and dull. It felt like she'd sprained her ankle in one of the daring dances and her head felt hot under her mop of hair. To her dismay she knew sweat was dripping down her neck and in her armpits.
 
She looked up from her self-imposed depression to see Inuyasha leading some girl away from the dance floor. She had attached herself to his waist and was chattering excitedly, while he grunted in response occasionally.
 
“Oh, sempai, but I've never seen anyone as handsome as you.” Her high voice echoed above the music.
 
“Of course not.” He responded half-heartedly.
 
“And I'm just a lost girl, sempai. Could you show me…everything?” Her hand was now fiddling with the button of his jeans, her fingers sliding down behind his waistband.
 
Kagome couldn't listen anymore. Depression gave way to the hot fizz of anger and she stood abruptly, slamming her empty can down on the table. If she had been looking she would have seen how Inuyasha's gaze immediately fixed on her, worry in his eyes. He had quickly masked it by the time she'd turned around, a thundercloud apparent on her face.
 
“Do you have no morals at all?” she yelled, beyond caring that they were in public. Nearby people turned to gape at her.
 
“I know you're a playboy,” she continued, eyes angry, “but are you really going to respond to everything that has a butt and calls you sempai?”
 
“This coming from the girl who gets none at all.” Inuyasha shot back, shoving the girl out from under his arm.
 
“Because I plan on making it special, with the man I love!” Kagome shouted angrily, taking several steps towards him.
 
Inuyasha responded to her challenge, stepping up to her and shoving his face in hers.
 
“How about you mind your own business on things you don't understand, virgin!” he spat at her. Kagome pulled back, stunned.
 
“Better a virgin than a whore!” she snarled back.
 
Inuyasha's eyes blazed fury, his fists tightening. Kagome's eyes widened momentarily in fear that he might actually hit her. She threw up her hands to protect her face when he moved, but it was useless since he pushed them aside and pulled her in for a fierce kiss.
 
She immediately melted with the suddenness of it. His hands twined in her loose dark hair, and his tongue shoved its way into her mouth. While he occupied her mouth one of his hands disentangled itself and gripped her ass tightly. She whimpered and the shock made it easier to pull away, panting. He was also panting, lips parted and his hands still in her hair and firmly gripping her rear end.
 
Kagome reached back and pulled his hand off her butt, frowning slightly at his too familiar knowledge of exactly what to do to seduce her.
 
Inuyasha finally broke into a small grin, wrapping his now free hand around her waist and pulling her in.
 
“Jealous, sweet?”
 
Kagome pushed away from him, grumbling. “Of course. You always whore yourself off and you were dance-fucking at least twenty women without even glancing at me. I should probably report you for harassing me.”
 
Inuyasha licked his lips, once again pulling her close.
 
“If you're thinking about harassment,” he whispered, voice coarse, “then I didn't do my job properly.” Within seconds he had her lips locked with his.
 
She hardly noticed when he picked her up and then sat down with her straddling his lap. She did notice when she was poked in the thigh with something hard. She reached down to shove it away, thinking it was some food or clothing article. When she touched it Inuyasha moaned and thrust into her hips, making Kagome realize immediately what it was.
 
“Kami.” Inuyasha murmured after he broke off. “Touch me again and you won't be a virgin come sunrise.”
 
Kagome giggled breathlessly, and smiled warmly.
 
Inuyasha grinned, and brushed a chaste kiss on her nose. “You're supposed to say you don't want to be a virgin come sunrise either, and do something decidedly sexual or wanton to me.”
 
Kagome's smile dimmed and she pulled herself away, tidying her hair absently.
 
“Koishii?”
 
“I won't be another conquest.” Kagome said abruptly. “You will not even get to second base with my consent tonight. But,” she grinned, “you are allowed to dance with me.”
 
Inuyasha sighed dramatically and lead her to the dancing students.
 
“Can I `dance-fuck' you, as you so eloquently put it?”
 
“If you don't glance at any other female for the rest of the night, then maybe.”
 
“Yes, ma'am!” Inuyasha saluted dramatically, making Kagome giggle tiredly.
 
“You will drive me into the ground, you fiend.” Kagome murmured into his shoulder.
 
Inuyasha laughed heartily. He wrapped his strong arms around her, pulling her head next to his.
 
“I certainly hope so,” he whispered, “and you'll enjoy every second of it.”
 
I have been working out plot bunnies, but nothing is completely to my satisfaction yet. I have at least two stories that I've been fiddling with, but since it is my senior year of high school I have a lot of work, so I can't provide a timeline for getting those projects out. I'm estimating around the holiday season something will go up. I hate not posting as much as I'm sure you guys miss not reading. In the meantime, enjoy this little one-shot that popped into my head late one night…-Akihana