InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Rockstar ❯ News of the best sort ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter One: News of the Best Sort

Today’s announcements are as follows, the gym has been reopened after renovations, the winter dance shall be held in February the exact date has not been decided and last but not least 1 of our own students will be hand picked to attend Ryu Academy next school year.”

------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------

Kagome’s mind drew the memory of the principal’s speech as she opened the letter that had arrived today. The letter was in a large manila envelope and was sent from Ryu Academy. Her mind switched back remembering the tests she took and how her friends Eri, Yuka and Ayumi had signed up also.

------------------------------------------------------------------ -------------------------------------------

Hey Kagome guess what.” Eri said as she ran up to her.

“What Eri” Kagome said tiredly, rubbing her temples.

“I just signed me, you Yuka and Ayumi up for that test next week.” Eri said handing Kagome a slip of paper. She turned and paused “See you later I have to tell the others.” and she ran off through the halls.

Kagome looked at the slip and read “Higurashi Kagome, Rm. 402, 3:15 Tuesday March 12.” the slip crumpled in her hand. Belonging to the best private school in Japan Ryu Academy specializes in Music, Art, History and Ancient Fighting styles. She knew she did well in history having been told many of the legends by her eccentric grandfather. She didn’t know the outcome but she would try her best.

------------------------------------------------------------------ ----------------------------------------

She tore the envelope open and removed the thick paper packet. She sat the empty envelope on the desk she sat at and stood. She walked to the door of her room and shut it, unsure of what was contained in the envelope.

-------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------

Welcome to the Ryu entrance exams. Today the five of you shall test from 4 different sheets. Each sheet is designed to test what you know, the skills you possess and what capacity you have for learning. The problem is though; we have 163 students sign up yet only one will achieve this prize. Best of luck to you all. The first will be of Ancient Fighting styles. Here you go.” the instructor said as he handed out a form to each of the five students in Room 402.

Kagome looked at the first question “ The power of a Miko is: A. Ability to kill B. to use their power on the basis of good C. there was no such thing as power. Kagome lifted the pencil and marked B.

--------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------

Kagome walked back to her desk flipping open the letter dated May 6, 2006. She skimmed the heading which stated the heads of department and so on.“ Dear Miss Higurashi” she read aloud, “ We are sad to say that you did not pass the qualifications for art or music.” she paused smiling, knowing she wouldn’t pass. “ We are pleased to say that you are exceptionally gifted in history and Ancient Fighting Styles. On the score of 1347 on history out of 1350 you scored the highest. On the score of 2998 on A.F.S. out of 3000 you scored the 2nd highest. Congratulations on your performance. You have been accepted into Ryu Academy. School starts August 1, 2006. Enclosed is a form that needs to be signed and returned by the week of May 16, 2006.” Kagome’s voice rose in pitch as she read the last of the letter. She was accepted. She held the letter staring at the empty envelope. She flipped the paper over and read the next page. “Students attending Ryu are assigned dormitories with roommates. The Rooms for Term are picked already and will not be changed. Your dormitory is Kurumi, third floor room 12. Your roommate is Umi Sango.” Kagome paused to snicker. Ocean coral? “ You must come to the school during the last two weeks of July for festivities and to unpack and familiarize your self with our grounds.” she stopped reading and glanced at the last two pages of forms.

“Kagome dear? I heard you shriek. Are you okay?” her mom asked as she eased the door opened. The aging woman stuck her head in and looked worried.

“Yes momma. Remember how I told you I was taking tests to try and get into a private school through my school?” Kagome asked her mom, from her desk.

“Yes I recall it. Something about Ryu Academy. Did you know it has been in operation since before my father was born.” he mom said as she came through the now open door and sat on the edge of Kagome’s bed.

“I got accepted. See here’s the letter.” Kagome said handing the letter to her mom.

“That’s wonderful.” her mom read the letter. “You have to live there? Well I’ll sign these forms and you can go if you want.” her mom said as she stood the papers held by her side.

Kagome nodded as she picked up the phone to call her friends.